Loud01Blazer

dissapointed in my score..

Higher tuning with more area if possible.

The box in my Avatar has 6 4" Aeros for less woofer displacement (8re8s) than you have.

It also does 143db on the T/L with 150watts and over 150db with a tad over 1000. I used to keep 4 of them plugged for normal music (30Hz tune), 2 plugged for rap (40Hz tune) and none plugged (50Hz tune) for burps.... This was in a 78' Bronco.

I don't think that's a bad score for sealed up and a daily box. I'm sure with some of these guys suggestions you'll be able to get where you want though. I just got metered for the first time yesterday and now I have the spl bug, haha.

That doesn't seem to be much port area... it's like 50 square inches on a box thats probably (or should be) 5-6 cubes or more. I would go at least 80 square inches.

Well like I said I am kind of new to seald on the dash but, I have done over a 54 at the head with 5 cubes and 4 four inch ports at 52hz. I have done over a 53 with three four inch ports. I have 8 and built every box I tested for 8 and took them out one at a time of course I re tuned each time but I always came out louder with 4 or less and with two shocker sigs which I think is a little more motor than a ns. I know it does not seem right but I only care what the meter says. I never tested these set ups a ton seald on the dash but was over a 55 the few times I did and was very close to a 60 in the floor. I am now running two 15's in 3 cube tubes with 8 inch ports in a wall and am over a 57 with four sundown 1500's. If he was building slot I would definatly go with more port but your best friend when trying to get louder is a term lab you have to find what works for you. Also as many have said there are always db's in the vehicle it self you have to find.

Edited by Bud1

thanks for all the feedback!! and thank you jacob for chiming in!

i'm gonna start doing work tommorrow on my day off and see what happens, i know it's the box because it's a ton louder on music then burping...kinda strange but when i burped it, it didn't sound like the same set-up it actually sounded quiter, i was about to throw in some jeezy and use that as a burp and see if the score changed lol.. then i demoed it for a few ppl and they tooo were like "dam is this the same set up? cuz it absolutey slams!!" so that was some good feed back for sure.

a lot of it is in finding the resonant frequency of the vehicle... like my volvo with 2 saz1500s and 2 12 nightshades was doing a 148 at 32hz... also blazers usually like sub and port up... you can also do a sub up bort back setup like i have in the explorer... also if you havent experiement with aero ports.. they tend to peak at tuning and are very easy to change tuning... get the ports from www.partsexpress.com they are called the precision port..

also buy 2 6'' ports for that setup.. running more than two ports creates a lot of turbulance in the enclosure .. we have seen big increases from moving to like 2 6'' ports vs 3 4'' ports..

also buy 2 6'' ports for that setup.. running more than two ports creates a lot of turbulance in the enclosure .. we have seen big increases from moving to like 2 6'' ports vs 3 4'' ports..

Are you sure it's from turbulance and not from the increased port area? Two 6" ports do have over 1.5 times the port area as three 4" ports.

Do you have any pics of your setup?

If you have a way to get a term lab or even an ac ,try a sweep from 20 to 100hz and see were your peak freq is.some shops only charge around $20.00 to use term for 20-30 min (money well spent) this will allow you to play with you placement and filters on your amps to get the most out of your system as it is. Also if you have a dmm and an ac clamp. Play your peak freq and Clamp the positive wire(s) going from your amp to your box and set the clamp on ac (A) then set your dmm to ac (V) and put the red prob on the + of the amp and the black to the neg of the amp . make note of the numbers .Take the numbers you came up with and use this formula: volts divided by amps=rise (ohms).That will be the rise the amp is seeing, it will give you a way of figuring out what problems you have or at least a starting point. Also make sure the subs are wired correctly and test that they are wired correctly (compression and refraction)and make sure you are not overlapping your filters on the amp as well.

Subs up, port back as most people have mentioned would get you where you need to be. If your box is off just by a little bit, it could cost you a few DB's. Try moving the box about 1 inch from where the carpet starts on the back near the tailgate. This gained me in the current set-up I am using. I can't really use my stereo as an example to compare (since I have done a lot of power modifications) to where you need to be, but I have (2) stock 18" Nightshades in a no-wall with (2) Sundown 3000's doing a 155.2 sealed on the dash. I burp at 52hz and I have a 4 door 95' Jimmy. If you have any questions, I can try to help.

Edited by Team Nemesis Steve

I also think the 4 is enough. If you look at anyone in drag whos been loud with an explorer thats pretty much what most used. I think like most people said your just going to have to shorten those ports up. isnt full length like 18inchs? When we where playing with explorers the 2 door played like i wana 4-5hz higher than the 4 doors. im sure it would work simular in a blazer.

im really hoping for high 140's with my setup low 50's but i wont be disapointed if i hit 145 er so... im just oging to hope and pray i get 150's.... but as long as im satisfied i think that is all that matters

Besides what everybody else has already said, more power would help too :)

hes got more than enough power for now 2 2200s should be fine for a lil wile atleast

Something else to consider when comparing numbers from other cars is for example in a explorer dynamat is worth about 2db...

Something else to consider when comparing numbers from other cars is for example in a explorer dynamat is worth about 2db...

I think hes more dissapointed that a couple years ago he had 4 L7 15s off a MA 4k doing almost a 150 in the truck as it is

^^actually i did that before i got an h-0 alt and batts, the hk was ran off stock electrical... i also burped that 150@ 36hz box was tuned to like 29 or 30hz...

i've got a new enclosure under construction hopefully it'll do some good...it's a tad bit bigger, but i think it will work out ok, we will see.

as far as power goes, like nick said (2) 2200's should be plenty...i've seen better numbers with alot less power(in my own truck) also there's guys on here doing 150's from there nightshades with a single 3000d..

keep the feed back coming guys, i need all the advice i can get!

Are you working on the design that I suggested? If so and anyone else wants to know it uses 3 6" psp's, and for those of you that think that's too much tell me my setup that uses 6-8 4" psp's is too much when I'm way over a 150 with only 3K watts and the same sub as he is using. They are stock Nightshades as well off of 2 1500d's and is less power than what he is doing too.

Hopefully if you are using the box design that I gave you it works out like we hope it to. I'm sure that you will be much more pleased with it then you are with your current box. Good luck man, and keep me updated.