playaxkenny

hey guys

hey everyone im new here..

im looking to get either 2 12inch fi btl subwoofers, or one 15inch fi btl subwoofer.. im going to have to fabricate a box for my car, i have a 97 lexus sc400 , i currently done the big 3 , have 4gauge wirers running to the trunk where i have a alpine mdf 1000 amp powering a mtx 5500 tripple sledge hammer box. the bass from that dosent do it for me, so im wondering what you guys would think is better or my car i listen to rap hiphop music, i read that my trunk capacity is 9 cubic feet,

i say get 1 15" that way you have enough room for that beauty to breathe. instead of two choked up 12"s

If you plan on running that amp, you might want to look at a lower line of woofers. That amp will work, but there's no sense in running two woofers that can handle 2,000w EACH and only put 500w to them. Don't get me wrong, it will work, but you could save some money and get something better suited.

i always buy my subs then an amp that is perfect for the subs... cant go wrong plus there is more choices.

welcome!

Welcome

:WELCOME:

The BTLs will be louder for Rap than any other Fi sub with the same power....

So if you want the loudest, that is what they are....

Additionally, you can never "underpower" them or any sub for that matter...

And I'm not sure if you mean you can run up to 9ft3, becuase if you can, the pair of 12s will more than likely be a little louder than the 1 15" sub..... Maybe not a whole lot louder though...

Welcome to the world of true sound !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one 15" in a big box can be really loud (if this is what you need), and that can leave more room in your trunk than a big box for 2 12s.