GTDropTop

I have a Question..

So here goes...

I have a 98' Mustang GT Convertible. I want bass in it. It Doesn't have to be anything outrageous.(though my Boyfriend said I should put 4 12's in it) :ughdunno:

I was wondering if yall had any ideas on what i could do?

I Don't Really want it in the trunk though ,for one..trunk rattle really annoys me, and I like to see the woofer excursion. Second My trunk is sealed off from the cabin of my car..

My Boyfriend and someone else Mentioned to me That maybe a clam shell would work in the back of my car, If i took the backseat out.

I'm not really sure if theirs any other possibilities that could go on..considering it is a convertible.

If there is though, I am open for suggestions..They are all welcome..and I would really appreciate the ideas and suggestions :)

Thanks! ^-^

well, explain a little more about what you want...

If you want 4 real 12"s, then your looking at some serious dough... not just in the amps and subs, but electrical as well, High output alt., spare battery's..... the list goes on.

I think you could get good sound off of one any 12" sub supported by this site, and say a sundown 1000d, 1500d.

you get what you pay for. sundown makes solids amps, so there is a start, pic what power you want to run. then figure out how much space you want to use... and we"ll go from there... :drink40:

One 12" or 2 10" would be easy. But I don't think she would like it.

She enjoys the 155db+ on music trucks, and I want her to get something decently loud in her car.

I'm not to worried about the money issue. That's okay.

I know its not cheep.

I Think honestly i would be happy with just a 10",...Maybe two, i'm not looking to empress other people.

I don't want my top to get messed up though.That's too much of an expense to replace every time it gets damaged and if it leaks...I REALLY don't think that would end to well.

The whole backseat can be taken up, I'm fine with that. If its possible id like it to stay. If it can't Then i can live with that as well :)

Well how about 4 8" subs or 2 10" subs? You don't have to have big power handling subs if there is a lot of surface area or with less surface area but more power, it could be the same thing. Gotta save money some way. :)

6 Sundown E8"s on a SAZ-1500D?

If you do put an enclosure in the backseat just remember to strap it to something. You don't want that thing flying around in case of an accident or you hitting the brakes hard or something.

You have one other major problem. If it is in your backseat it will get stolen. Convertibles are great, but not when you expose big dollar installs in them. Some jackass will ruin your investment. :(

This is True...

I Can't really see in to my Car though my windows are black all the way around.At certain angles you can see into it,but not well.

I see another point to your statement though. If i had the top down...people would see it.. I didn't think about that.

well that just poops things up.

Its honestly really hard to do in a soft top but if you don't mind loosing your bac seat it can be done with minimal effort. Buddy got a rear seat delete kit for his 03 hard top and had the sub installed in that. it looks clean and sounds decent. I think something like this could give you a good platform to start with.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/m..._2044_339922826

You could do two 10s ported through the center of the backseat. It would take a decent amount of fabrication but I think it would be worth it. Use grill cloth to cover the port to keep a somewhat stock look to it and deaden the trunk to get rid of the pesky trunk rattle.

Have you done anything to the stock speakers in the car yet?

No, I haven't done anything with the stock ones yet. I have the speakers for a mach 460 "sound system" in my car. That's what came with it

I know i'll have to replace them soon, before anything else. It's good to have ideas to work with though. to see what i can and can not do. :)

By the way,..Thank you all for the help! ^-^

Personally, before you do anything with subs I would put a new front stage setup in with rather some rather beefy mids. A well done front stage alone will be night and day difference and you might be pleasantly surprised how much low end a good set of 6.5's will have.

Is there a budget for this project?

No, I don't really have a budget.

Are we talking 600$, or 2,000$ for the whole thing?

im not gonna lie, i really dont like it when people want subs and everyone suggest they just do front stage instead.

if they want bass, they will only get that with subs, and if they want better front stage later, they will come back and ask about that.

with the back seat out, you should have alot of options, though i am curious to see how it will perform in a convertible....

1 12 in the trunk with as much power as you can afford. You will miss your back seat once its gone. You guys know how to find me if you would like some help. :)

im not gonna lie, i really dont like it when people want subs and everyone suggest they just do front stage instead.

if they want bass, they will only get that with subs, and if they want better front stage later, they will come back and ask about that.

with the back seat out, you should have alot of options, though i am curious to see how it will perform in a convertible....

that bold section there, you sure about that? seems in all my years, i've heard some pretty damn impressive, bass heavy vehicles that didn't ahve a sub one. and few that had one small sub, but a very stout front stage. you might want to step back and rethink the road you are about to embark on.

now, if she wanted 155+db on music as i saw mentioned earlier, then i'd agree. but she stated that she wasn't about impressing everyone else, and by dumping the mach 460 and building a solid front stage (which could be a nice 3-way setup), she wouldn't have to go anywhere near massive subs/power to have a nice bass havy, clean sounding and loud car.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: