Sign in to follow this  
matt a

dc or audioque

i am going to buy an audioque 3500d soon..........i want to do a 2 15 setup in an envoy........i am planning either audioque hdc3s or dc lvl 4xls ......which do you think and why........thanks

VERY close IMO. If you get the Alum. coil HDC3's, I think of them as very close to the LV4XLs.

I think I would finally choose DC, but I don't know.

ic ...i was looking around ssa.com and saw a xcon......what would it compare to......is it spl or sq oriented

Its a 1700rms SQ sub that has alot of output capability.

Thanks for the Xcon info RC ;). The HDC and Lvl4XL are after sheer output/spl competitions, where as said above the Xcon is a sound quality biased driver that has high output potential.

HDC is NOT an SPL sub. It's a good sounding sub built to take a lot of abuse, that also happens to get very loud...

HDC is NOT an SPL sub. It's a good sounding sub built to take a lot of abuse, that also happens to get very loud...

This is true.

I think my lv4xl sounds pretty decent for a daily driver. Not sq by any means but it does a decent job on all music imo.

I think my lv4xl sounds pretty decent for a daily driver. Not sq by any means but it does a decent job on all music imo.

Hopefully I can hear your DC sub at one of the Chicago CA meets this year. Or you can swing up by Gurnee when we have another Team DOA meet at my place...

I would consider the hdc to be a spl sub.

Curious as to the installs you've done with the HDC's. A few years ago before ever hearing a DD or AQ sub I was of the same opinion, but after buying a few for myself and playing around with a few diff boxes/tuning I've been quite happy with the SQ for daily music listening.

I would consider the hdc to be a spl sub.

Curious as to the installs you've done with the HDC's. A few years ago before ever hearing a DD or AQ sub I was of the same opinion, but after buying a few for myself and playing around with a few diff boxes/tuning I've been quite happy with the SQ for daily music listening.

Ive never seen them in a box tuned below 40hz. Thats what makes me assume. What do you prefer tuning wise? Some input on someone who actually runs them would be nice.

It depends on power and tuning.

If you use a 1200d, then you will get filled with awesome sound quality from the HDC3s.(copper coil)

However, if you want to go more power, it will throw it out of it's xmax and into it's 3" Xmech rating. I've done test tones slowly which pulls it out of xmax and into pure xmech and i know what it sounds like.

If you want that much power to a sub, then you know what to expect, Pure Brutal Force.

It's recommended to tune to 40hz because due to it's long excursion capability, it can still attain good output down to the high 20hz range.

If you tune it at 35hz, it will give you deadly, destructive low end like you wouldnt believe but the upper range starting around 42hz on up would be somewhat pathetic.

Hopefully I can hear your DC sub at one of the Chicago CA meets this year. Or you can swing up by Gurnee when we have another Team DOA meet at my place...

I'm still mad I didn't come ask you for a demo back in September when I was at the show in montgomery or wherever that was. I'm planning a blowthrough right now so the DC won't be in there much longer. Do you have any experience with blowthroughs at all? I'm sure I can rent a palm grinder and do it myself and I have a sawzall so I'm sure I could do it but I was hoping there was someone in our area that already has some experience with it. Hit me up either here or over on ca.com

I'm currently running a hdc 15 d1 on a aq 1200.1 @ .5 ohms. Not sure exactly how much power the sub is seeing but it is a pretty clean sounding sub. I would say its a mix...LOUD SOUND QUALITY. The aluminum coil on the other hand is more for spl. I heard two 15's on two kicker zx2500.1's and there was very little sound quality. Just depends on setup and install. By the way mine is in a 4 cu ft box tuned to 40hz.

I'm currently running a hdc 15 d1 on a aq 1200.1 @ .5 ohms. Not sure exactly how much power the sub is seeing but it is a pretty clean sounding sub. I would say its a mix...LOUD SOUND QUALITY. The aluminum coil on the other hand is more for spl. I heard two 15's on two kicker zx2500.1's and there was very little sound quality. Just depends on setup and install. By the way mine is in a 4 cu ft box tuned to 40hz.

I wouldn't be running that amp at half an ohm. I bet it doesn't last to much longer.

if i were to dumb it down to 2 15 lvl 4s (in an 8 cubic foot box tuned to 32hz) and an audioque 2200d, do u think i would be able to get 146 out of that.......it would be daily and im sure it would begin to bother me after"throw it up" is over haha......i have a faily good electrical if that makes a huge difference (ohio gen 260 amp alt, interstate megatron, redtop optima, and 0 gauge throughout)

I wouldn't be running that amp at half an ohm. I bet it doesn't last to much longer.

Me and dj talked about it and he said that amp is more than capable of running at .5 ohm. I have ran it like this for almost a year now without ever having a problem. I was skeptical too but this amp is built like a brick wall lol.