Impious

Official Rl-p D2 Group Buy Thread

Which size sub would you prefer the GB be for?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which size sub would you prefer the GB be for?

• 12" Rl-p
    • 15" Rl-p

Oh damn, GAH! I wish I saw this GB sooner, Is this thing still on? is there a set cut off? I have too wait "2-3 days" untill my paypal is confirmed, I am really thinking about getting in on this if I still have some time...

I will keep checking back on this thread like crazy. I think a 12" rl-p would be a nice buy for my first system.. and my sq build :)

i didn't like my lower end focal's (polyglas)..extremely bright under power...

u'll love ur rl-p sealed!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Well, I went ahead took a chance and purchased a set of the CDTs CL6Xs, with the imaging enhancement kit.

Just need to wait until they arrive and I can find a local shop that will do a nice clean install for my F150.

-MW

Thanks for the headsup on the Polyglass Focals, as they were what I was going to purchase if I went with Focal. My Infinitys do the same thing at higher volumes as well. Not interested in a speaker that loses control at slightly elevated volumes...I may be older, but I still like to turn up a song or two when rolling down the highway..

-MW

Oh damn, GAH! I wish I saw this GB sooner,  Is this thing still on?  is there a set cut off?  I have too wait "2-3 days" untill my paypal is confirmed,  I am really thinking about getting in on this if I still have some time...

I will keep checking back on this thread like crazy.  I think a 12" rl-p would be a nice buy for my first system.. and my sq build :)

contact mike@soundsplinter.com I believe he said you could still purchase the d2 at the group buy price up until the 15th. He ordered an additional 15 drivers to keep the prices down for you guys (because hes a great guy :wub: ). After the 15th they will be sold at the regular price of $235(?)

Just so you all know and don't think I'm going off my rocker.. the direct pricing structures will be fluctuating a bit to compensate for the significantly increased production costs I've been faced with as of late. If any of you have noticed, I put the new RL-i Series pages online earlier this afternoon.. and you may have noticed that the prices are a few bucks higher than they have been in the past. You'll also notice that there is no longer an RL-i12 listed, as I am discontinuing that driver due to low-interest coupled with the fact that I wasn't hardly making any money on it to begin with ;) -- if you or someone you know would like an RL-i12, I still have a pair of D4's and a single S4 available.

For those of you lookin' to jump on the group buy a little late, I will be offering the RL-p12 D2's for $209 a piece, plus shipping, through May 15th.

Sorry about the bad news.. but I'm doing my best to keep my prices as low as possible without me having to live off of Top Ramen all day lol.gif. I'm also planning on obtaining more wherehouse space in the near future which will allow me to stock more inventory, and thus maintain my margins - I hope! :wacko::P

15th! wooo, rgr. Ya from what I hear this mike guy is a good fellow ;)

ehh..you could say that.

He is a bit looney at times

j/k Mike :P

Just so you all know and don't think I'm going off my rocker.. the direct pricing structures will be fluctuating a bit to compensate for the significantly increased production costs I've been faced with as of late.  If any of you have noticed, I put the new RL-i Series pages online earlier this afternoon.. and you may have noticed that the prices are a few bucks higher than they have been in the past. 

Mike, I think there is a typo on this page http://www.soundsplinter.com/rli_series/rl...nformation.html Under the enhanced q sealed the recommended enclosure size is .094 cu ft. Im guessing this should be .94 cu ft. :ohsnap:

I really like the new pages; they look great!

Indeed that is NOT a typo whoa.gif:banhim:

The Enhanced Q configurations are oftentimes quite small. I doubt many people will actually use them, but I included them just as a comparative instrument for people analyzing the graphs.

.. and LOONY?! I'll loony you Supa_C crazy2.gifrockets.gif

grin2.gif

PS. I know there is some missing information on the pages as well - I'll be getting to that as soon as I get my new 18" caliper in the mail later this week =]

The Enhanced Q configurations are oftentimes quite small.  I doubt many people will actually use them, but I included them just as a comparative instrument for people analyzing the graphs.

.. and LOONY?!  I'll loony you Supa_C crazy2.gifrockets.gif

grin2.gif

PS.  I know there is some missing information on the pages as well - I'll be getting to that as soon as I get my new 18" caliper in the mail later this week =]

:ohsnap:

:idiot:

the pages do indeed look sweet mike!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Ape if I were you get on it foo, :fam25: this is an excellent price for a great sub,

heck I did not need one but I bought one anyway

Ya I just read that haha, well all thats left to do is wait for my paypal to get set up.

Hell, I dont even have a car I can use yet... only a small obsticle

The Enhanced Q configurations are oftentimes quite small.  I doubt many people will actually use them, but I included them just as a comparative instrument for people analyzing the graphs.

.. and LOONY?!  I'll loony you Supa_C crazy2.gifrockets.gif

grin2.gif

PS.  I know there is some missing information on the pages as well - I'll be getting to that as soon as I get my new 18" caliper in the mail later this week =]

Just curious why you don't have IB recommended on your site for the Rl-i series?

:)

The Enhanced Q configurations are oftentimes quite small.

Pffft.....whatever :finger::bartmoon:

:lol2:

ok..maybe he does like u... :loser::dammit:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I may just add a note about IB setups on there now that you mention it!  :ohsnap:

Booya Shakalaka!  :poop:

Your so silly mike :banhim:

I may just add a note about IB setups on there now that you mention it!  :ohsnap:

Booya Shakalaka!  :poop:

Your so silly mike :banhim:

x2 :+1:

ok..maybe he does like u... :loser:

I know 10's aren't available, but I like to dream :)

Then I will continue to dream with you... rl-p10 would be perfect for what I am looking to do. If they ever go to production I would be the first to order 3 of them.

I love the looks and everything about the rl-i line but I just wouldnt be able to get the full fun out of my amp with the rl-i line im afraid.

After I showed this site to my friend he just about busted a nut when he saw the rl-p series and read about them but hes set on 4 tens and would never change.

just get a 12 :)

I know 10's aren't available, but I like to dream :)

Then I will continue to dream with you... rl-p10 would be perfect for what I am looking to do. If they ever go to production I would be the first to order 3 of them.

I love the looks and everything about the rl-i line but I just wouldnt be able to get the full fun out of my amp with the rl-i line im afraid.

After I showed this site to my friend he just about busted a nut when he saw the rl-p series and read about them but hes set on 4 tens and would never change.

did ya know at one time mike (soundsplinter himself) had 3000wrms going to a pair of rl-i tens? have u heard/seen the video here of the rl-i tens playing?

i'd wager that the rl-i 10's are more then enough for what ur after, short of a solo x 10..lol...

my rl-i 8 weighs in at about 20pds ( i know weight means nil) and is about as bulletproof as they come. i've ran hx2 8's for a long while and the rl-i 8's would smackthem into oblivion..lol

email mike...he'll let ya know if the rl-i's will work for what ur trying to do...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well...

a Funky pup 8 is only 1lb 3oz's