AirFramerMack

New system sounds like crap. help

since changing your setting around have put the dmm on amp to see whats the voltage is at now? im just making sure u have rolled out the amp before u start working on the box (not saying it isn't the box tho). also try firing he subs towards the trunk.

edit: i keep looking back at those pictures of the amp settings...they still look wrong to me, i wish someone could look things over for u..

Edited by lithium

simple test- check ohm load at speaker terminal on amp.

Make sure you touch probes together first to see how off the reading is from 0 then take or add the difference when you measure the load at the amps terminals.

You should be reading around 0.7 ohms at the terminals.

If you read any higher than 0.8, you have it wired wrong.

Even if u do have it wired right, unhook one of the subs and try again to play your setup.

Someone mentioned somethin about it being out of phase. This is possible if you spliced the wrong wire during paralleling. I dont know if it would send the amp into protect but check this and let us know somethin.

If it was loud with an amp swap, something must be wrong with the amp or amp settings. I would reset the headunit and amp settings and start again.

Edited by Bobaflob

no, not necessarily.

This is the only 1600w amp i have seen in the vibe line- Lanzar

Look at the max rating.

AQs rated for maximum power at 1 ohm.

It's clearly obvious that he could have it wired at 4 ohms instead of 1 ohm.

I'm thinking you wired the Subs to 4 Ohm. Are they sharing a single terminal cup or 2 separate. I'm asking because if you wire 1 Dual 4 Ohm Sub in Parallel it'll give you a load of 2 Ohms. Like in the pic below

1_4ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

But if you connect both subs together on a single terminal you get a 1 Ohm Load in Parallel

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

I had a problem with my amp and it was giving out 5 volts out to the subs with a test tone, everytime I unplugged the bass knob it would do a loud pop/bass hit. It was the amp, the night before we set the gains to 56 volts....and then it was dumb the next day when I went to the autoparts store. A new amp simply fixed my problem. THis sounds very similar to my problems

I had this happen to me....same amp, different subs. I sent it back to AQ but they said nothing was wrong with it, it's my setup. I changed the RCAs, and the remote turn on. I used the bass knob this time, set the gain all the way up on the amp and used the knob. Now it sounds great. I think you mentioned you switched RCAs though...

I really wish I could help more than this, but this is just my experience :(

i think it's time to contact AQ and have them inspect it.

I know it sucks that you are about to move so u gonna need to tell them that so they know where to ship it back to you.

I had this happen to me....same amp, different subs. I sent it back to AQ but they said nothing was wrong with it, it's my setup. I changed the RCAs, and the remote turn on. I used the bass knob this time, set the gain all the way up on the amp and used the knob. Now it sounds great. I think you mentioned you switched RCAs though...

IF they say there's nothing wrong with his amp after this long thread... then it's not our fault for missing something as i cant see any other possible reason for such problems. It would be clearly due to neglected installation if the amp tests fine.

i checked i am 1ohm at the amp

It your amp reads 1 ohm DCR you have it wired wrong.

IF they say there's nothing wrong with his amp after this long thread... then it's not our fault for missing something as i cant see any other possible reason for such problems. It would be clearly due to neglected installation if the amp tests fine.

Haha I didn't quite go into the depth we have in this thread. I really see no way its not the amp if he's done everything we've said.....

Definitely call up DJ or email him and link him this thread. He'll help out any way he can

i guess u could have the polarity switch on one of the subs and still read 1 ohm on the dmm... but thats actually not important, i still havent seen u post that the amp is putting out the power, using a dmm to measure voltage at the speaker terminals (no load) while playing a test tone (set gain with remote gain unhooked, plug the remote in if it makes the proper voltage, which should be about 35, to see if its clipping...

good luck

Terry Jackson USACI judge is going to take a look at the car tuesday and see if there are any obvious things I did wrong. Perhaps he can figure it out for me or adjust the settings on my HU and amp

OK now i am really confused. I don't understand how a 1ohm load is 1ohm load?

If the DCR (which is what you measured) reads above .7 you have it wired wrong.

****it would never read a true 1 ohm...... the subs won't read 4, the wire will cause resistance, and if you have it hooked to the amp still??? It shouldn't (not that it isn't possible) have read exactly 1ohm at the amp.... should (in most cases) have been .8 .7 ect....

***this isn't an absolute fact but.......

i saw u figured out that u had the lpf and ssf mixed up. figured id just post this to let ppl know what was wrong...

when using a dmm to set ur gains aren't u supposed to have it set Voltage AC instead of were u have it set as Amps AC?? Cause i see in ur video u have the multimeter set 200M which is on the AAC side. If im wrong please correct me??

your right it should be at voltage ac. i didnt notice in the pic...

Edited by lithium

Ok so I put on a 50hz test tone, left all my amp settings normal and turned the gain on my remote all the way up. and this is the reading i got from the center channel. the channels are connected inside so it should have been putting all power to that single channgel. here where my results

th_DSCF5246.jpg

i think u used the wrong setting on the dmm to check voltage.