CadillacMatt

Which game console to put in car?

Okay, so I'm going to be getting a couple of visor screens and rear screens for the car, and I am trying to decide on which gaming console to install... I first thought that something like the Wii would be fun, but I can see a window getting cracked or something already.

So now I'm debating either between a good old PS2 (can be had on eBay for about $20-$50) which would be the cheaper solution... plus the controllers are smaller and easier to store; or an Xbox 360 (Anywhere from $150 up with controllers) which would be a slightly more expensive route but it is a newer system after all... I have a PS3 in the house but installing it in the car is out of the question lol.

I can't imagine playing it all the time, but I definitely want to get good use out of it... what do you guys think/recommend? Thanks

I say Ps2. Cheap, reliable, and always has a variety of games.

Definatly Xbox 360 :)

Dont Forget The Extended Warrenty Tho.

Extra 3 Years For $40

Well Worth It.

sega old school 3 button

or OG nes

I considered cartridge systems but that would take up too much space...

These were the screens I was looking at getting if anyone has experience with mobile video and can recommend some other options I'm all ears thanks!

Oh and Goldeneye FTMFW :)

Edited by CadillacMatt

oh boy!!! Throw a wii in it!!!! omggggg lol

wii tennis in the car!!! kickass!!!!

i had a pair like that in one of my other lincolns the pearl one... thay have a bullshit mount on them ... perhaps the GM will be fine.. but on lincolns the sunvisor has three screws in a triagle shape.. NOTHING like tha mount that comes with the TV's

they also shipped me a DOA screen... i had to wait 25 days to get a Return number.. then ship that shit to canada.on me.... and then it got lost inside the building for 32 days... then i got to pay got shipping back to me..

but that was just my shit..

looks like a good price.... as far as the WII i dont think you have space for all the swingin and dancin and shit that is needed to play in the lac... what do you think?

I'd go with a newer small footprint PS2. Who cares if someone steals that. Like you said, you're only out $50 at max. The 360 on the other hand...

I say ps3. Great graphics and think about it you could stop a McCdonalds w/ wifi and get on SSA..

I say 360 just because they have the coolest and most games.

360 FTMFW

I'll sell u a used one. 2 years left on warranty just got it back from microsoft

Cod4, Halo3, 2 controllers, WiFi adapter and a XBL membership good until christmas, intercooler (ur definitely gonna need that in the car), other games and accessories i cant think of right now

$350

lol

just throwin it out there and yes i know this isnt the F/S thread but i had to

go to the flea market and buy a 10000 games in 1 game controller :P

have fun playing old school games

go for the Ps2 , that would be the best

honestly you should just put wtf you want in there and not ask others what they would want...

if you like sony go ps, if you like m$ go xbox.

honestly you should just put wtf you want in there and not ask others what they would want...

if you like sony go ps, if you like m$ go xbox.

wow what a member

Just take the back seat out and add this.

arton39.jpg

Winner!!

If not I think I still have my Atari 4800. :)

OK, this should sum it up-

Don't put a Wii in there unless you plan on playing it behind the car on a big tv setup in the rear, too small of an area up front to play.

You could run the Gamecube, that's a thought if u like the games...

The PS2 is a great choice all around.

The Xbox360 is completely out of the question.

I work on 360s all the time and trust me, you do NOT want one in your car. They can barely survive in a house, what u think is gonna happen in a car?

Over 60% of all xbox360s before the Jasper motherboards are expected to red ring at some point in time within the 3yr warranty period and then some afterward...

85% of 3red ring errors are due to either the solder remelting and shifting to other contacts or the board warping and breaking solder connections.

Other 15% are due to hard drive failure, disc drive failure(physical hardware failure which is rare), etc.

And once it red rings(3rings), that xbox will never be the same again. There is still no eternity fix for the 360. Sure, i can fix them and they may last a year or years but the fact is if the solder ever remelts again or the board rewarps again in any area that can change contacts, it's not worth refixing over and over.

I am working with a local machine shop and am doing some extensive research on starting to do my own cooling solutions for the xbox360s for repair work and prevention system damage so the console can run like a normal video game system without fear of failure.

One thing i havent seen anyone mention is a computer in the car...

Why not put a small pc in the car and load that thing up with emulators?

I have read about some people putting in Mac Mini's. That would be sweet.