barbarazimmer

12" JL w7 D3 vs 12"SSA ICON D2

As a daily driver which one would sound better? looking for SQ not soo much as SPL. oh powered by sundown saz-1000. any positive feed back would be great.

ICON > W7

yeah I have looked up the xcon. I was planning on getting the icon but a buddy of mine offered to sale me his w7 in a jl spec box for only $250 he had it only for a year and never really played it hard. I am just researching what will fit my needs . thanks

Too cheap on the W7 to pass it up.

*sound better is subjective, and if you are looking for SQ let's talk more about your mid setup as either sub will be more than enough to blend with nearly any front stage.

Box any everything for $250 for a w7 is a great deal. As much as I love my Icon, I don't think I'd pass that up.

w7 is in a class of it's own, i hate the price but if you can afford jl gear, or find a deal on some, grab it!

w7 is an insane sq subwoofer.

Well the W7 isnt a SQ sub it is more designed for SPL. But it is a great price for the sub, but i think the ICON would be a much better fit for your wanting a good sounding sub and not just bass. But hey again that is a good price. So it is up to you.

Well the W7 isnt a SQ sub it is more designed for SPL. But it is a great price for the sub, but i think the ICON would be a much better fit for your wanting a good sounding sub and not just bass. But hey again that is a good price. So it is up to you.

.. you have no idea what your talking about.

w7 is all about sq. lmao.

ya thats what i thought. wanted to get some un-bias answers. I think the w7 sounds great never heard the icon but have read all the positive reviews. as far as mid's and high's still looking for what will fit my need's. any idea's? plan on getting the sax-50x4 for the mid's and high's

Depends on your budget, install skills, location, listening preferences and so on.

I'd step up to at least 100.4

I am biased ;) , as both will sound great, and that is a great price for the W7. The W7 will wire to 1.5ohm mono and the Icon to 1ohm mono.

Lol?

I am biased ;) , as both will sound great, and that is a great price for the W7. The W7 will wire to 1.5ohm mono and the Icon to 1ohm mono.

non biased here, mind you i haven't heard anything from ssa's lineup but i can gurantee you you will NOT be disappointed with the w7, and even if it'll run @ 1.5ohms you'll still be getting plenty of power for that thing to get loud and very clean sounding.

non biased here, mind you i haven't heard anything from ssa's lineup but i can gurantee you you will NOT be disappointed with the w7, and even if it'll run @ 1.5ohms you'll still be getting plenty of power for that thing to get loud and very clean sounding.

They make a dual 3 12W7?

Isnt the 12 inch a single voice coil?

Last time I checked the only dual voice coil W7 was the 13" with D1.5.

Depends on your budget, install skills, location, listening preferences and so on.

money is not a problem just not looking to pay excess amount if I can get it for less. I would go to a shop for the install I wouldn't know where to begin if I did it.

They make a dual 3 12W7?

Isnt the 12 inch a single voice coil?

Last time I checked the only dual voice coil W7 was the 13" with D1.5.

your right I just looked it up it is only a single voice coil.

money is not a problem just not looking to pay excess amount if I can get it for less. I would go to a shop for the install I wouldn't know where to begin if I did it.

The install will cost more than the speakers. Since it isn't a problem are we talking $5k, $4k, pretty much gotta have a top number if not then we can surely have fun :)

The install will cost more than the speakers. Since it isn't a problem are we talking $5k, $4k, pretty much gotta have a top number if not then we can surely have fun :)

yeah I am sure I could have lots of fun and go over board but I really dont wanna provide music for all the neighborhoods I drive through. I may change it up to an xcon with a sundown 1500D for the bass and the sax 100x4 for the mid's and highs. I can go up to $5000 but dont want to

That dollar amount had nothing to do with loud, you just said budget is no problem. Equipment will be the much smaller portion as the install will eat the money.

That dollar amount had nothing to do with loud, you just said budget is no problem. Equipment will be the much smaller portion as the install will eat the money.

true

So you still have no specified budget?

So you still have no specified budget?

let's say $3000 equipment wise.

true

Just wanted to nest those to make sure as we can spend that budget :) .... you'll need at least that in the install to make it worthwhile then though. Considering this is the case, before taking any further steps we need to figure out your mounting locations. :)

.. you have no idea what your talking about.

w7 is all about sq. lmao.

The w7 may be a good sounding sub, but just about anyone who has actually heard them both will tell you that the W6v2 is JL's "SQ" woofer...I have owned both, and the w6 would be a better choice for a sq setup...