Why did you start another thread about the same thing. I thought you were looking at memphis stuff.

It looked like a little bit more powerful than memphis.

tell us about your setup and we can recommend an amp for you cause that amp at best buy is 210. You can get the same amp at woofers etc for 130.

Also what is your budget??

Memphis amps are pretty underated i've heard the 16-MC1.4000 - Memphis 4000 x 1 Class D can peak out at 8000 to 10000 watts.

Okay, Subwoofer: Vibe Space 12" 1000WRMS ($308)

Amplifier: Probably Memphis

Budget $600

600-308 = $292

So i have $292 for amp.

Budget $600

600-308 = $292

So i have $292 for amp.

so you are looking for an amp to power that subwoofer correct??

Budget $600

600-308 = $292

So i have $292 for amp.

so you are looking for an amp to power that subwoofer correct??

At least half.

kenwood sucks all but there in dash i got the excelon x10-d there is no way it is putting out 600 rms at 14.4 there way over rated in power. a little on the cleaner side compare to power acoustik spl and the likes it's putting out closer to 400 rms at 1 and 2 ohm not 600. btw the Memphis is good so is rock ford i see ssa got some zeff made or designed clarions or some thing like it forgot what he said those are low cost and good out put you would be better off with a real true power amp like said. btw not zed audio god i would bend over back words for those.

kenwood sucks all but there in dash i got the excelon x10-d there is no way it is putting out 600 rms at 14.4 there way over rated in power. a little on the cleaner side compare to power acoustik spl and the likes it's putting out closer to 400 rms at 1 and 2 ohm not 600. btw the Memphis is good so is rock ford i see ssa got some zeff made or designed clarions or some thing like it forgot what he said those are low cost and good out put you would be better off with a real true power amp like said. btw not zed audio god i would bend over back words for those.

oh btw- by the way crutchfield has clarion in a 1500 for $300w and a 850w for $200 i know amp good one go buy model numbers the ones and crutchfield may not be zeff made or maybe just filling you in to check in to it.

x2 the kenwood monos look really good and are decent amps but overall are sorta small power wise. id guess 400w rms or so is what it really makes

ur not going to find 1krms from a kenwood amp

It looked like a little bit more powerful than memphis. :Doh:

ill get memphis specs tomorrow so i can put them down here and compare.

Hifonics BXI 2610D this amp would do great for your setup it is at woofer etc it puts out 1500 watts at 4ohm but that is rated at 14.4. Depending on your electrical you probably wont see the full 1500 watts and YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR GAINS WISELY. having more power and use your gains wisely, u are only using the cleanest part of the signal which results in decent sound quality.

i found that amp that he was talking about. model number is Memphis 16-MC2.100

i found that amp that he was talking about. model number is Memphis 16-MC2.100

With that amp u would wire each coil to each channel with that the sub only seeing about 200watts

Yeahhh, i bought my amplifier finally!!!

Kenwood KAC-9104D

500W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms

900W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms

Over 900W RMS x 1 @ 1 ohm

Maximum Power output 1800W

1 Ohm load capability, 2 ohms load capapility

Pictures:

dscn5019p.jpg

dscn5021n.jpgdscn5020.jpg

My first sub amp was the Kenwood Kac-9103d. I've heard nothing but bad about kenwood but I wonder how many of those people owned them.

I learned and experimented with that amp. Ran it at half reccomended ohms with full gain and bass boost sometimes. With two 12 inch subs in a pre-fab slot port I've had it reading 147.7 on an Audiocontrol. I took first place at the region 8 Usaci 0-600 stock class with it last year. It did 142.1 Term-lab.

I never did have a problem with it. I hope you have as good as luck with yours as I did with mine. :) I regret ever selling it lol.

My first sub amp was the Kenwood Kac-9103d. I've heard nothing but bad about kenwood but I wonder how many of those people owned them.

I learned and experimented with that amp. Ran it at half reccomended ohms with full gain and bass boost sometimes. With two 12 inch subs in a pre-fab slot port I've had it reading 147.7 on an Audiocontrol. I took first place at the region 8 Usaci 0-600 stock class with it last year. It did 142.1 Term-lab.

I never did have a problem with it. I hope you have as good as luck with yours as I did with mine. :) I regret ever selling it lol.

I really hope so, because i bought this from US, and im moving back to my native country on Thursday, so i really hope it works, i looked up some info about this amp, saw some videos when it was powering two 18 inch FIs. But i will probably use 2x12" woofers.

I really hope so, because i bought this from US, and im moving back to my native country on Thursday, so i really hope it works, i looked up some info about this amp, saw some videos when it was powering two 18 inch FIs. But i will probably use 2x12" woofers.

right but thats the bigger 900w amp. Ive had a bit of experience with kenwoods so if you want to make it worth while listen up. DO NOT attempt to hook up the amp with the power wire live. the kenwood design uses the case as a ground and alot of people hook it up with the power wire live arc the screwdriver on the case (its pretty close) and bam amps blown. I know i have and ive been aware of this before installing my first one. Power wise they aren't bad, decently clean too IMO but they are a lil small. now i might just be used to rockford fosgate power where the 1000w amp is really 1200-1300 but in comparison with similar sized amps the kenwood seems to be slightly lacking. I think they look like a million bucks thou. Oh and if you hook it up at 1 ohm it will thermal. The amp is really a 2 ohm amp and saying its a 1 ohm amp is stupid of kenwood. Assuming you dont have a choice your going to need alot of breathing room and fans for that amp. at 1 ohm it heats up fast, mind you i live in the desert with 100+ weather but just giving you the FYI

so as long as you don't fry the amp the second you hook it up you should be fine and have much more power then that memphis assuming its the mc2.100 like sander said

right but thats the bigger 900w amp. Ive had a bit of experience with kenwoods so if you want to make it worth while listen up. DO NOT attempt to hook up the amp with the power wire live. the kenwood design uses the case as a ground and alot of people hook it up with the power wire live arc the screwdriver on the case (its pretty close) and bam amps blown. I know i have and ive been aware of this before installing my first one. Power wise they aren't bad, decently clean too IMO but they are a lil small. now i might just be used to rockford fosgate power where the 1000w amp is really 1200-1300 but in comparison with similar sized amps the kenwood seems to be slightly lacking. I think they look like a million bucks thou. Oh and if you hook it up at 1 ohm it will thermal. The amp is really a 2 ohm amp and saying its a 1 ohm amp is stupid of kenwood. Assuming you dont have a choice your going to need alot of breathing room and fans for that amp. at 1 ohm it heats up fast, mind you i live in the desert with 100+ weather but just giving you the FYI

so as long as you don't fry the amp the second you hook it up you should be fine and have much more power then that memphis assuming its the mc2.100 like sander said

Yes, i can remove the top while installing wires. So you mean, take off the + wire from battery while installing it ? I actually already hooked it up to my PC power supply to make sure that everything is working.

I started doing electronics since i was 5 or 6 years old, i hope everything goes fine, but thank you for advice.

correct. yes you pretty much have to take off the top to mess with it but when screwing on that battery wire your screwdriver is very close to that heatsink still one slip and there's a good possibly of a fried amp. Its always better safe then sorry so take out the fuse or yank the wire from the battery or whatever you need to to to make sure that wire doesn't have 12v when ur installing it.

90% or more of these style kenwoods we fix are have been blown that exact way... its kenwoods pico fuse if you want to think of it like that

correct. yes you pretty much have to take off the top to mess with it but when screwing on that battery wire your screwdriver is very close to that heatsink still one slip and there's a good possibly of a fried amp. Its always better safe then sorry so take out the fuse or yank the wire from the battery or whatever you need to to to make sure that wire doesn't have 12v when ur installing it.

90% or more of these style kenwoods we fix are have been blown that exact way... its kenwoods pico fuse if you want to think of it like that

alrgiht :D i gotcha my english failed when i was reading your previous post :D now i know what you mean :)