Sign in to follow this  
just1moreamp

spl--and--sq

my box is 9.0cf net with 120'' of port for everday what i need is a port for spl this is in my ford explorer 4door i am runing 2--15''subs on 1400//1600ea rms and how would i do this do i make a port that i can take out and put the spl port in are what//// what is the best way to do a sq//spl port setup any help would be nice thanks alot

Yes, do that. Whatever you said.

You will have to build a new box with a big port tuned high for spl with an insert piece to tune it back down to daily.

the port i have in the box now is 120sqin and tuned to 34hz what would be a good tune for spl --- something like 40/43hz any help would be nice

the tunning for spl is going to vary with your set up.. if anyone on here says tune your box to "this" they are wrong.. lol i would use areo ports. A cause they are loud in explorers.. and easy to change the tuning by plugging one or changing the tubes...

the tunning for spl is going to vary with your set up.. if anyone on here says tune your box to "this" they are wrong.. lol i would use areo ports. A cause they are loud in explorers.. and easy to change the tuning by plugging one or changing the tubes...

i wont to use the box i have and just do a port swap i did the port where i can take it out allredy so i just need to do a new port - i was thinking of going with 150sqin of port tuned to 40hz i no the explorer likes the 40/44hz range

i wont to use the box i have and just do a port swap i did the port where i can take it out allredy so i just need to do a new port - i was thinking of going with 150sqin of port tuned to 40hz i no the explorer likes the 40/44hz range

Well if you made the box where you can switch the port out and you know how much port you want and what to tune it to why did you ask us?

you just think the explorer like 44hz.. because you must know they play 48-52ish hz.. that means jack in spl.. the truck will always play the same note.. but you might be suprised with what ports are loudest and still play the same note.. but like juslivin says.. im also confused why you asked us??

just think about what is said here

x3

What is your goal? Mass confusion???

trying to get the most out of my set up // i cut the port out of my box 2day so i can do port swaps when i need to put up some numbers i wood like to try the areao ports how much will i gain with them

trying to get the most out of my set up // i cut the port out of my box 2day so i can do port swaps when i need to put up some numbers i wood like to try the areao ports how much will i gain with them

no one can tell you that for sure. buy them and find out, or if there too expensive for you could diy them by melting pvc pipe (i think it was just plain pvc) on a mold or use mdf rings' with increasing diameters (and flaring them)...