basslover

I need to know how much watts max this is

"
Available options and what they do: 

Bp Power - This option adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack. All of these features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application. 
"

This is straight from Fi's website. So now you would have 1200-1500 watts of power handling. Considering your abundant use of "More Power" icons, I would like to ask why are you looking at the Q? Do you have an amplifier in mind?

Fi Car Audio Website

"
Available options and what they do: 

Bp Power - This option adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack. All of these features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application. 
"

This is straight from Fi's website. So now you would have 1200-1500 watts of power handling. Considering your abundant use of "More Power" icons, I would like to ask why are you looking at the Q? Do you have an amplifier in mind?

Fi Car Audio Website

lol well im looking to use a pa amp because im useing it at home and then later i might get a car amp and im looking at the q because it can handel :morepower1: than the bl with the bp up grade so any ways is that the max wattage or is that the rms

That is RMS. Only big moneygrubbing, corporations use peak power to describe their subs :fing34: They like to get the end-user all excited over, I hate to say it, MOAR POWER!

Home theater for a Q huh? What PA amp?

That is RMS. Only big moneygrubbing, corporations use peak power to describe their subs :fing34: They like to get the end-user all excited over, I hate to say it, MOAR POWER!

Home theater for a Q huh? What PA amp?

well it is a makie m1400 which puts out 1400 watts so and the sub im just going to play around with because i love audio and i get really board some times and i might post videos on youtube.com so any ways i think the bl rms is weakers than the Q with the bp power up grade

The Q is more of a musical sub while the BL, probably what you're looking for, is more SPL oriented. Also, the amount of power you give the sub will depend on the box.

What PA amp are you using in home? You will have line sag, overrated amplifiers, and other factors so you won't see the 'max' rated power for any lower end PA amp *cough* Behringer *cough*. I wouldn't worry about it, you can hear when it is going to be stressed, if you hear it turn it the hell down.

*edit* Just saw what amp you are using, I wouldn't worry about it to much. Just don't be stupid with it.

What PA amp are you using in home? You will have line sag, overrated amplifiers, and other factors so you won't see the 'max' rated power for any lower end PA amp *cough* Behringer *cough*. I wouldn't worry about it, you can hear when it is going to be stressed, if you hear it turn it the hell down.

*edit* Just saw what amp you are using, I wouldn't worry about it to much. Just don't be stupid with it.

well what do you think the max wattage is because im woundering if i need a more power full amp

Do yourself a favor and stop thinking about max wattage. it means nothing.

Also, I'm not sure where you got that the Q can handle more power than the Bl. Here, I'll quote from the tech section of Fi's website that you didn't read: "The BL line is pretty much a lower power alternative to a BTL or a higher power alternative to the Q series of woofers. "

Do you have a lot of volume to work with?

i only have 1400watts max to work with but im going to use the bp power up grade

ya im not going to destroy it i just might wake up the neighbors next door

Please stop focusing on max wattage. Get the BL and stick with-in suggested power limits. No need to push it way past it's limits. Also, please be respectful of others when playing your stereo.

Do not be a menace. If you do you will get no further support from people on this site.

i only have 1400watts max to work with but im going to use the bp power up grade

By volume he means physical space for the enclosure.

Dude, listen to the people in this forum they can help you a lot more than you think. I am sorry but it seems like you have very little knowledge about audio.

Also, respect others or you may piss off the wrong person and they will break into your house and steal your stuff.

dont piss me off, i'll drive my car through a wall and replace it with my wall.... actually u might like that, :)

o well im thinkin like 20-30 inches or do you mean cubic feet

Dude, listen to the people in this forum they can help you a lot more than you think. I am sorry but it seems like you have very little knowledge about audio.

Also, respect others or you may piss off the wrong person and they will break into your house and steal your stuff.

ok sorry

o well im thinkin like 20-30 inches or do you mean cubic feet

Yeah your guna what the BL...and thats the end of that.... as for "volume" ur guna want a box at about 4 cubes tune it too 33 htz (a good starting place) I have my new box at 27 and the BL loves it

You are NOT a Q buyer, not even close. Get the BL or if you want louder get the BTL. The BTL will be Fi's loudest sub even if you are comparing all of them at only 15watts.

ive got 3k going to my 18'' Q without problems. though i dont condone it

i hope others dont read this and think they can pull it off aswell, but i figured id share

yea, i had the privilege of testing some SSDs not too long ago off of a 3000w amp for approximately 90 minutes on and off on pure test tones only.

Maximum metered power delivered was 1457w. Average power sent to each SSd over this entire period was 1200w MINIMUM measured so FI subs can handle power just fine.