baloe

subs in sealed

hello

i'm lookin for some Fi subs that would do good in a sealed enclosure of 1.25 Cft and they have to be 12"

now i got 4 Kicker CVX's 12" this bumps verry hard but its just not enough for a basshead like me

and the next question is how do i get them to me i live in belgium (europe)

hello

i'm lookin for some Fi subs that would do good in a sealed enclosure of 1.25 Cft and they have to be 12"

now i got 4 Kicker CVX's 12" this bumps verry hard but its just not enough for a basshead like me

and the next question is how do i get them to me i live in belgium (europe)

If you are looking for more bass i would jus port the kickers.

i drive a Beemer '96 E36 limousine and my trunk is now full with the 4 CVX's in 1 big sealed box (divided ofcourse)

so i dont have room for 4 ported cvx's

How much power do you have on tap?

Just check out Fi's website. They have a description for all of their subs.

have u tried porting just 2 of those 12s....

You be surprised how much more efficient ported is than sealed.

i just measered up 1 box for 1 twelve and i'll build it and see what the difference is

but i have a hard car to get decent bas in

checked out the manuel from my 12" CVX and built the SPL Box according to instructions in the manuel

just have to cut out the woofer hole and test this shit

i just dont know what my box is tuned to now i guess a 35HZ

built it according to kicker specs SPL box

so if u could tell me then i can set my amp correctly ;-)

results and vids will come tomorow

checked out the manuel from my 12" CVX and built the SPL Box according to instructions in the manuel

just have to cut out the woofer hole and test this shit

i just dont know what my box is tuned to now i guess a 35HZ

built it according to kicker specs SPL box

so if u could tell me then i can set my amp correctly ;-)

results and vids will come tomorow

40 - 42 Hz depending on if they included sub displacement in the calculations.

made the box tuned the amp

but it sounds like shit everything under 60HZ i cant even hear

everything above 80HZ is incredible i cant even stay in my car cuz it hurts my ears

i think i'll stay with 4 sealed kickers plays like i want it to

now i'm investigating if 2 12" Solo X's in a sealed enclosure of 42.5L (check kicker manuals for compact Cft) would hit harder in my beemer then the 4 CVX's

10 and 12 ssd work sealed aswell as the Q line

bladeice.com might help for you in europe

everything above 80HZ is incredible i cant even stay in my car cuz it hurts my ears

now i'm investigating if 2 12" Solo X's in a sealed enclosure of 42.5L (check kicker manuals for compact Cft) would hit harder in my beemer then the 4 CVX's

The reason why your box sounded like shit is because you built it to Kickers SPL specs which tuned it real high, I personally like kickers at 30Hz and they sound good on up to 37hz at most. I would build another box and tune it lower than make your decison on switching subs or setup.

Tuned to 42 hz is stupid high for daily driving, especially since I imagine Kicker recommends too small of a box for their subs. Their subs need larger than average boxes to sound decent. If the box is too small it will just make it that much harder to play anything low.

As Jay-cee said, build a new box and tune to 30 hz.

You screwed up somehow on that box. Exactly what did you build?

Tuned to 42 hz is stupid high for daily driving, especially since I imagine Kicker recommends too small of a box for their subs. Their subs need larger than average boxes to sound decent. If the box is too small it will just make it that much harder to play anything low.

I would NOT tune those drivers to 30Hz. Closer to 40Hz will be better for them if output is truly the goal.

You screwed up somehow on that box. Exactly what did you build?

I would NOT tune those drivers to 30Hz. Closer to 40Hz will be better for them if output is truly the goal.

Pretty sure you have more experience with Kicker than I so I defer to that. However I just made the suggestion because of how disappointed the OP was when he built the Kicker-recommended box with the high tune. I just offered a suggestion to tune lower, which would smooth out the frequency response a bit, although be less loud as you pointed out.

i have totally no idea how i tune a box

how do i tune the box that i made now

i'm about to use it in my room for some xtra bass in my audio system

for the car

i"m keepin 4 cvx's sealed

next i'm gonne try to build a groundpounder

Use calculators to determine the port size and length for the size of a specific enclosure.

I prefer using tube ports, flared aeros.

Edited by holley2346

i have totally no idea how i tune a box

how do i tune the box that i made now

i'm about to use it in my room for some xtra bass in my audio system

for the car

i"m keepin 4 cvx's sealed

next i'm gonne try to build a groundpounder

Start with telling us what you have now and what you just tried.

so my port dimensions are 3"wide 12.5" high and 20.5" long

i folded the port around the back of the box due to its length

the total box volume is 63.7L / 2.25 Cu FT with the port in it

(think there's where i screwed up)

can u guys tell me how to tune my port now from the existing box

everybody here has a ported box but yet nobody can help me?

i'm having my doubt about this forum

Your problem isn't your box, that box should be loud and it is tuned such that there is NO way that you can't hear things below 60Hz. If this is truly the case you have something else very wrong with your setup.

-did you confirm the above with test tones, or how do you know it is 60Hz & 80Hz respectively?

-what frequency tone did you use to set your gains and how did you measure the output?

-where is your subsonic set?

-do you have any crossovers, bass boost, or eq turned on in your headunit?

i've used test tones from somebody here on this forum and a sweep

my subsonic filter is on the lowest it can be (on the amp 20HZ)

i putted my EQ on 35/40HZ but nothin played good then with a little tweaking it played a bit good on 60HZ but still no decent low notes

my head unit's EQ is all even i always tune my system on the amps

the output yeahh i cant measure it but my amp puts out 1200RMS CEA on 4ohm so i put the gain a bit onder 3/4 so it should get the power he needs

now the box is in my room and i've made the port 2" longer and now it plays a little bit deeper but still no ground pounder

should i make the port a bit longer? or what

Ok i pulled the manual of the sub and the measurements give for box volume didn't take into account the port displacement. So the first box you made was 1.81cuft tuned to 47.41. I see you added to more inches to the port. If you used the same box from the first then your new measurement are 1.76cuft tuned to 46.24. both lead you toward the min specs. So if you really wanted to use the spl size you would have to rebuild the box. The internal area should be very close to 2.7cuft before port displacement. This would tune the box to 42.5.

all i want now is a box that sounds good and is tuned to 32/36HZ the box will stay in my room as an addition to my sound system

now what do i need to do with my box