Ndnkobra

knukonceptz wire vs others

Hey guys, i'm looking for 1/0 gauge wire for a big 3 upgrade. I was researching some wire and it seems that 1/0 is pretty damn expensive. I stumbled across this brand knukonceptz which was the cheapest, and i had to post something to get feedback, because i noticed in their description that their wires are made up of 90% aluminum and 10% copper. Now for an amplfier i wouldn't care, but i'm pretty sure for a big three upgrade i'm looking for least resistance, and that wire is basically all aluminum. I'm not trying to bash the company, but would you guys recommend this wire for a big three upgrade, or should i go off looking for something that has pure copper threading in it. Thanks for any answers!

P.S: If anyone can strike me a deal on some 1/0 gauge wire for cheap, that would be great! i know its pretty expensive, but i'm looking for something around 20ft for around $40 :X or 40ft for around $80.

Welding cable is much cheaper. That's what I'm going to use when I upgrade to double 0.

www.weldingsupply.com

It's nice. Just got a big box of it last week. Ships fast and the price is right.

I honestly think you wouldn't really notice the difference, but welding supply dropped their prices a bit. I've owned both, haven't bought from welding supply in while, but their shipping is fast from my experience.

Hey guys, i'm looking for 1/0 gauge wire for a big 3 upgrade. I was researching some wire and it seems that 1/0 is pretty damn expensive. I stumbled across this brand knukonceptz which was the cheapest, and i had to post something to get feedback, because i noticed in their description that their wires are made up of 90% aluminum and 10% copper. Now for an amplfier i wouldn't care, but i'm pretty sure for a big three upgrade i'm looking for least resistance, and that wire is basically all aluminum. I'm not trying to bash the company, but would you guys recommend this wire for a big three upgrade, or should i go off looking for something that has pure copper threading in it. Thanks for any answers!

P.S: If anyone can strike me a deal on some 1/0 gauge wire for cheap, that would be great! i know its pretty expensive, but i'm looking for something around 20ft for around $40 :X or 40ft for around $80.

knu konceptz kolossus flex 1/0 cable is 5145 Tinned Strands of Pure Oxygen Free Copper.

stinger 1/0 cable is 4284 Tinned strands of pure oxygen free copper

I would want more cable for the money that i'm spending

i like the knukonceptz flex cable.

Kicker Hyperflex is also good.

I would stay away from Monster Cable. I bought 250 ft of 1/0 to find out there is some plastic tube shit in the middle(apparently a noise reducer but very doubtful). I bought the monster flex cable and it dosent move at all. Just a rip off in general.

If you dont need flexibility welding cable is the best way to go about things.

I use a Stinger power kit in 0 ga, and I realize it's not pure cooper at all.

Is it really better to use pure cooper? (For a future instal, because I don't want to re-do my instal!)

Is there a significant difference for a 1000-2000 watts rms setup?

Is it really better to use pure cooper? (For a future instal, because I don't want to re-do my instal!)

No you are fine. Stop thread jacking BEYTCH!

If it wasnt fine they wouldnt be making it for car audio application, but there is better out there though.

I bought some 0guage hyperflex wire from weldingsupply.com and I must more flexible than my previous 4gauge install and just as flexible as the kicker hyperflex 4guage wire. I only paid $94 for thirty ft. of wire. I am very satisfied and I plan on upgrading to 1/0 cable soon as I figure out what to do with the rest of this cable I have left.

i like the knukonceptz flex cable.

Kicker Hyperflex is also good.

I would stay away from Monster Cable. I bought 250 ft of 1/0 to find out there is some plastic tube shit in the middle(apparently a noise reducer but very doubtful). I bought the monster flex cable and it dosent move at all. Just a rip off in general.

If you dont need flexibility welding cable is the best way to go about things.

Are you installing and uninstalling the wire twice a week to need extreme flexibility ?

I bought some 0guage hyperflex wire from weldingsupply.com and I must more flexible than my previous 4gauge install and just as flexible as the kicker hyperflex 4guage wire. I only paid $94 for thirty ft. of wire. I am very satisfied and I plan on upgrading to 1/0 cable soon as I figure out what to do with the rest of this cable I have left.

isnt 0 guage the same as 1/0? then 00 is 2/0 and 000 is 3/0

i got the Kolossus wire ...damn its thick and it wont fit in every "hole" :drink40:

I used welding supply 1/0 plenty flexible and a jacket rated to withstand -58*F to 302*F