Kawonu

Box Finally Painted and In

I finally got my box painted and put in the truck. This is my first FI product as I did a lot of online reading before settling on a BL. I've had Kicker 12 L7s, Pioneer SPL 10s and old school Kickers. This BL by far is the loudest sub I've had and it hits the lows very well and still has very good musical abilities. I am very impressed with it so far. I set the amp with a DMM and did the big 3 in 1/0. I had dimming before with just the mid/high amp (zr240 on the Focal polyglass 6.5 comps). No dimming now at all. I tuned the box to approximately 33 Hz. It is right at 4 cubes and its the first time I've done anything with fiberglass. It has 5 yards of mat and 2 gallons of resin and 2 more of rage gold. Painted with hot hues DuPont paint and 4 coats of clear. Its in a 2005 Mercury Mariner. I still have to come up with a better amp rack, but here are some pics. Thanks for all the information that I've learned on here to make this happen. I recommend FI to anyone now.

The box still rough

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDgtMjAwOTEwMDItMTIzO.jpg

Test fit

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTItMjAwOTEwMTgtMjAyO.jpg

Primer

utf-8BYm94LmpwZw.jpg

The box bolted in place

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDMtMjAwOTExMjAtMTY1O.jpg

The sub bolted in

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMTItMjAwOTExMjEtMTUzO.jpg

Green's my favorite color...

Good job! fing05.gif

Looks good, keep up the excellent work. :fing34:

Got to put it on the meter today for a little testing. I found that windows up hit higher numbers. I got it up to 150.5 at 47 Hz.

Interesting box design! Paint turned out great!

Awesome score!

Got to put it on the meter today for a little testing. I found that windows up hit higher numbers. I got it up to 150.5 at 47 Hz.

Holy shat! Nice looking box, and nicer score!

Dude that green looks like the color i did my winter wheels in. I LOVE it. And the green dustcap. Nice work for a first fiberglassing :drink40:

It looks great, my wife loves that green (what's the color code on that green anyhow?) and congrats on the score.... and just think, as you break in the sub it will only play lower and LOUDER..... btw hopefully I can start a thread with a similar title soon myself... lol

It looks great, my wife loves that green (what's the color code on that green anyhow?) and congrats on the score.... and just think, as you break in the sub it will only play lower and LOUDER..... btw hopefully I can start a thread with a similar title soon myself... lol

The color is Dupont Hot Hues Green Xtreme 741515HH

Awesome score!

Thanks! I figured that I was in the mid 140's but when that popped up I was like holy #$%!

Now I need to find a competition somewhere around here, since I've never competed.

Awesome score!

Thanks! I figured that I was in the mid 140's but when that popped up I was like holy #$%!

Now I need to find a competition somewhere around here, since I've never competed.

You will do extremely well, especially with a single 15"

Awesome score!

Who would I contact for a competition around North Carolina/South Carolina?

Awesome score!

Who would I contact for a competition around North Carolina/South Carolina?

There is probably a lot of stuff over there, I'm on the other side of the country so I'm not the best person to ask :P