kryptonitewhite

crunch ground pounder 3000 pro vs ap3000d vs AQX-3500.1

yup, another VS thread, and yup this is getting old, I am sorry. Seems the more research I do, the more questions I have.

So I want more power than I originally thought. crunch ground pounder 3000 pro, ap3000d, AQX-3500.1?

Isn't the Audiopipe rated at 2 ohms ?

Flip a coin, really. All of them are around the same power level. Give or take several houndred watts which won't matter when listening to music.

The AQX is supposed to be able to get below 1 ohm. While some say that the AP30001D can get below 2 ohms, its a 50% chance your taking. I don't really know much more about the AQX. How much can you get the the crunch 3000 amp for? Because at $310 shipped for the AP30001D, its hard to beat. However, you have to need your power at 2 ohms.

Theres plenty of threads about all three of these amps over at CA.com.

The only one of these I have any experience with is the GP3000D.

I am currently running this and I love it. It is not as current hungry as people who do not have it claim, no different that any other good 3000w amp and better than some of the popular one's out there, IMO.

This one gets my vote, but I am biased.

All these are budget amps, and you will get out of them what is expected. Get an amp that is within your budget, the power you need at the ohm load needed and flip a coin if you still cant decide. Nobody on here will be able to tell you which one is better unless they used all three and tested and Im pretty sure nobody has. These comparison threads are uselesss and the info giving is horrible, make better topics to help you and other users (otherwise mods will stop your posting priviledges, fyi).

Isn't the Audiopipe rated at 2 ohms ?

Flip a coin, really. All of them are around the same power level. Give or take several houndred watts which won't matter when listening to music.

guess the AP is out then, thank you. alright, good to hear..just comes down to price and availability

The AQX is supposed to be able to get below 1 ohm. While some say that the AP30001D can get below 2 ohms, its a 50% chance your taking. I don't really know much more about the AQX. How much can you get the the crunch 3000 amp for? Because at $310 shipped for the AP30001D, its hard to beat. However, you have to need your power at 2 ohms.

Theres plenty of threads about all three of these amps over at CA.com.

ya ive been checkin more into that apx and a lot of ppl are running them at .5 I'll count the AP out, need 1 ohm. Dude wants $600 per GP3kPRO :-O

The only one of these I have any experience with is the GP3000D.

I am currently running this and I love it. It is not as current hungry as people who do not have it claim, no different that any other good 3000w amp and better than some of the popular one's out there, IMO.

This one gets my vote, but I am biased.

do you have a build log?

All these are budget amps, and you will get out of them what is expected. Get an amp that is within your budget, the power you need at the ohm load needed and flip a coin if you still cant decide. Nobody on here will be able to tell you which one is better unless they used all three and tested and Im pretty sure nobody has. These comparison threads are uselesss and the info giving is horrible, make better topics to help you and other users (otherwise mods will stop your posting priviledges, fyi).

good news. I think I've gotten some pretty useful info here. if I cant post what I have been posting, then this site wouldnt be helpful anymore :)

thank you for the heads up though!

Edited by kryptonitewhite

I think you can get the AQX cheaper than 600. Its funny that people say the AQX3500 has the same board as the RD3250 and that supposedly the RD3250 was upgraded with more stout internals. Look at that huge recall. All the shit talkers cannot even find one AQX that has a problem. I have yet to find someone with the AP30001D that has a problem with it either. Thank god I didn't go RD Audio route.

I think you can get the AQX cheaper than 600. Its funny that people say the AQX3500 has the same board as the RD3250 and that supposedly the RD3250 was upgraded with more stout internals. Look at that huge recall. All the shit talkers cannot even find one AQX that has a problem. I have yet to find someone with the AP30001D that has a problem with it either. Thank god I didn't go RD Audio route.

what I am up against, is I have a maxxsonics dealer Ive been working with. So I was comparing the BXi1210D with the AP3000D and the AQ2200D. I realized I want bigger and better, but still couldn't afford SAZ, so now I'm looking at Cruch GP3000PRO

He want's $600 per crunch, and someone else wants $700 for IA40.1s but I am hearing they are the same.

only thing I can say, is I wouldnt think that crunch stuff would be at the same level as incriminator audio.

only thing I can say, is I wouldnt think that crunch stuff would be at the same level as incriminator audio.

x2000. The question is what are you going to be powering and what is your budget? Do you have the electrical to back these up also?

why were you comparing the 3000 and 2200 with a 1200?

Thats the same thing I was thinking too, especially in his last topic he made (sounds like he is past confused).

me either but I keep getting told they are the same thing, obviousely an IA label is going to be good and a Crunch label is going to be bad if they really are the same thing

I was originally looking for around 2500 watts or so. I already owned several Hifonics so of course my 1st look was SAZ and BXi2608D. Fuck SAZ for 2-3 times the cost, I will take a "cheap ass POS" for 1/2 to 1/3 the cost and if it really does die, though I could send it back and get a replacement, I could also just buy 2 more for the cost of the SAZ that yeah I wish I could aford but can't. I was told to check out the AP3000, AQ2200D as well since I was looking for AROUND 2500-3000 watts

IDK what youre talking about 1200, unless I did a typo, and if I did, OOPS

x2000. The question is what are you going to be powering and what is your budget? Do you have the electrical to back these up also?

doesn't matter what I am powering, I want to over power them for headroom and possibly do a burp here or there without worrying about clipping. I want a good 3,000 watts or more with 14V or less. Yes, electrical to back them (2) up... 6 Shuriken BT80's, HO alt.

Thats the same thing I was thinking too, especially in his last topic he made (sounds like he is past confused).

I wasn't. was with a BXi2610D. apparently I made a typo or something

Yeah it does matter what your powering so someone can give you an accurate answer instead of just throwing out guesses, regardless if your overpowering or not. If you would of read the new member guidelines then you would of known that from jump street, it helps give out better information instead waisting posts with the questions that will be asked to get the information in the long run.

Yeah it does matter what your powering so someone can give you an accurate answer instead of just throwing out guesses, regardless if your overpowering or not. If you would of read the new member guidelines then you would of known that from jump street, it helps give out better information instead waisting posts with the questions that will be asked to get the information in the long run.

so I can get some more shit talk? fine. 2 21" Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X's in 30-50 cubic feet ( don't know yet, sorry) tuned to 15Hz. yep. 15Hz. Lets hear it. That's 1 of these amps per sub.

anyway

http://www.carmedia1.com/index1.html

I'm assuming $400 here is better than $600 for a Ground Pounder 3000 PRO?

so I can get some more shit talk? fine. 2 21" Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X's in 30-50 cubic feet ( don't know yet, sorry) tuned to 15Hz. yep. 15Hz. Lets hear it. That's 1 of these amps per sub.

anyway

Man I wouldn't trust that site with $1.25 of my money.

Damn that seems high for the Crunch. I only paid a little over $400 for mine little less than a year ago.

Is it because they are discontinuing them or something.

anyway

Man I wouldn't trust that site with $1.25 of my money.

lol yeah, I was thinking "suspect!"

Damn that seems high for the Crunch. I only paid a little over $400 for mine little less than a year ago.

Is it because they are discontinuing them or something.

:( ya IDK what's up with that, which is why I'm still lookin and didn't lock in with him. There's a new one coming he said after CES or some show.

How about Audioque 3500D $549 each to any zip code in the lower 48 States.

Get what you can afford, they will do rated power and some at 14.4volts so you cant go wrong. Just buy an amp and get it over with, its gonna be hard to get true 3000rms amp for less than $500 unless you come across a deal.

Get what you can afford, they will do rated power and some at 14.4volts so you cant go wrong. Just buy an amp and get it over with, its gonna be hard to get true 3000rms amp for less than $500 unless you come across a deal.

alright, it's between that AQ3500D or the Crunch GPPRO

thanks guys!

No problem at all, keep us posted.

No problem at all, keep us posted.

just heard this " The gpv30001d has the same board as the aqx35001 but the aqx has better processing for cleaner output. "

edit:

I replotted, and I love it. 2 MXs 40 cubic feet @ 15Hz, 6000 watts ( hoping that the GPVs will have plenty of headroom and the gains will be down a touch or a few)

vs

4 MXs 40 cubes sealed 10000 watts ( 100 watts headroom per BXi)

under 40mm Xmech, though I hope the suspension tightening will keep it closer to Xmax in reality

2ventvs4sealed-1.jpg

Believe me, I know how hard it can be to make a decision when it comes to this stuff, but seriously, I would go for the AQ3500D! This amp has been proven by the owner of a competing company to do over it's rated power and have quality parts. Maybe not as good as the almighty Sundown, but in a watt to dollar comparison (the Sundowns are underrated!) it holds its own. The Crunch GP3000-Pro is a proven champ also. As far as Maxxsonics, I believe the MB Quart DSC Class D line, the Crunch GP3000D-Pro, GPV3000D, and the higher end HiFonics lines (not the Brutus) all do rated power and are quality products. I am going with the MB Quart DSC2000.1D because I have heard from alot of people it does rated+ at 14.4 and $275 shipped fits into my budget alot better than the AQ2200D will when it returns to regular price (I wont have my money till then, LOL). Just my $.02.