kryptonitewhite

crunch ground pounder 3000 pro vs ap3000d vs AQX-3500.1

Well, just found out the remote knob on the DSC2000.1D is a bass boost knob. I don't like that. I would rather it be a true remote gain control, which the AQ has along with the convnient clipping light. So, my mind has been made up, I am going to spend my money right the first time and go with the AQ. I think you would be wise to do the same. I personally like the fact that you deal first hand with the owner of the company who stands behind his products, and not some marketing department or 1-800-MY-ISH-BROKE hotline that probably connects you to somewhere in India. I have went the cheaper route and dealt with the regret in the long run to many times. Car audio is like prostitutes, you get what you pay for!

Believe me, I know how hard it can be to make a decision when it comes to this stuff, but seriously, I would go for the AQ3500D! This amp has been proven by the owner of a competing company to do over it's rated power and have quality parts. Maybe not as good as the almighty Sundown, but in a watt to dollar comparison (the Sundowns are underrated!) it holds its own. The Crunch GP3000-Pro is a proven champ also. As far as Maxxsonics, I believe the MB Quart DSC Class D line, the Crunch GP3000D-Pro, GPV3000D, and the higher end HiFonics lines (not the Brutus) all do rated power and are quality products. I am going with the MB Quart DSC2000.1D because I have heard from alot of people it does rated+ at 14.4 and $275 shipped fits into my budget alot better than the AQ2200D will when it returns to regular price (I wont have my money till then, LOL). Just my $.02.

Well, just found out the remote knob on the DSC2000.1D is a bass boost knob. I don't like that. I would rather it be a true remote gain control, which the AQ has along with the convnient clipping light. So, my mind has been made up, I am going to spend my money right the first time and go with the AQ. I think you would be wise to do the same. I personally like the fact that you deal first hand with the owner of the company who stands behind his products, and not some marketing department or 1-800-MY-ISH-BROKE hotline that probably connects you to somewhere in India. I have went the cheaper route and dealt with the regret in the long run to many times. Car audio is like prostitutes, you get what you pay for!

LOLZ thanks man!

got this

only thing I can say, is I wouldnt think that crunch stuff would be at the same level as incriminator audio.

The gp3k is imo the only amp worth looking at in the line-up. Very similar to the AB 200.1

only thing I can say, is I wouldnt think that crunch stuff would be at the same level as incriminator audio.

The gp3k is imo the only amp worth looking at in the line-up. Very similar to the AB 200.1

he wants $600 for the GPV. I'm not so sure about AP, the aqx. The AQ is a touch cheaper than the GPV.

Crunch Ground Pounder V 3000.1D $600

AQ3500D $550

AP AQX - i'm shaky and iffy on it. only $400 though

Edited by kryptonitewhite

Someone on Ebay has 3 of the GP3000D's for $499.00 or make offer. new

Never bought from them so this is not an endorsement, just an FYI.

Did you try to call Maxxsonics direct?

nah, I have gotten a LOT of help from Wyatt, SicAudio... he has my trust!

Cool. Trust is worth far more than $100 saved IMO.

Cool. Trust is worth far more than $100 saved IMO.

ya that's where I'm at. I can save $200 per amp, $400 total, but it's from an internet co, where as this guy I have been talkin to a LOT for a couple weeks, so if I have probs, I feel he will be right there to help like he has been thus far. and, he has even recommended other stuff over his a few times when applicable... more marks in my book

sides, it's a huge package deal, so even "losing" some on the 2 big amps levels out with the batteries and multichannels

The Audiopipe is great for the money, if you can wire your shit to 2 ohms. i would personally take the audioque over the crunch, theyve been proven to be incredible amps with a great price tag.

The AQX is only $420 but isn't a cheap POS that may do rated but.. but...

I mean compared to all the other amps out there, yeah the ones you listed are cheap pieces of shit but they will get the job done (many have use them with great results). But considering you price range those are what you have to deal with and you cant go wrong with Audiopipe or Audioque in my opinion. :santa:

The AQX is only $420 but isn't a cheap POS that may do rated but.. but...

I mean compared to all the other amps out there, yeah the ones you listed are cheap pieces of shit but they will get the job done (many have use them with great results). But considering you price range those are what you have to deal with and you cant go wrong with Audiopipe or Audioque in my opinion. :santa:

haha alright alright