SoundSplinter

Keepin' it Real

Greetings all! sun.gif

I'm back in action after my week long excursion to northeastern Europe and I see that the momentum around here has hardly slowed if at all, which I am happy to take as an indicator of the public satisfaction with the products I have offered to the online car audio community over the last year. To all of you whom have taken the admittedly risky plunge in purchasing from a newcomer to the market, I thank you! Also to those of you who have helped spread the word by telling your friends, or even simply by posting pictures of your system on the 'net, I can't thank you enough. So many of you have played an important role in helping get the SoundSplinter name proliferated 'round the web and I can't tell you how happy and appreciative I am for the kindness I've been presented from so many of you heart.gif

But enough with that sappy chit for now, let's get down to biznasty! tongue2.gif

As I'm sure some of you have come to realize, I am fresh out of both my 12" and 15" Premium series offerings for the time being. I was hoping to anticipate demand and be able to appropriately restock before such dwindling reserves, but in no small part due to so many of your off-hand promotions, I have had progressively busier and busier business months from January '05 through the present day (not that I can complain! wink2.gif).

To compound this inventory problem, I was informed this morning that an international sea freight shipment destined for the assembly plant in San Diego did not include the ceramic magnets that were on order. As a result, there may be an additional 3-week wait before the RL-p series is restocked crying.gif. We are currently working to find local suppliers that can get us these parts quicker, but the prospects do not look bright at the moment. I will still do my best to get a small run of RL-p's cranked out to satisfy some of the immediate demand, but it will be a grudging process for the next few weeks and for that I apologize, but promise to do everything in my power to fill as many orders as quickly as possible.

The good news (Yay!) is now that I believe SoundSplinter to have proven itself as a viable business venture, I am going "all in" so to speak and will be receiving many hundreds of new RL-p's as soon as the magnets do arrive in their appropriate quantity... at which point I truly hope that we will be able to avoid periods such as these with limited to no inventory available. Why am I telling you all this?.. well, I just wanted to keep you all appraised of the situation since I feel free flowing communication is a very important aspect of a sucessful business model, and also like to let you know that if you have any questions, or would like to be notified as soon as new stock is available, simply contact me and I will get back to you asap.

Now on to another matter: The RL-i8

This newest offering has been received very well from our first slew of customers, however there are some matters that need to be tended to before further production may proceed. Principally, these drivers were built with in-house parts, the supply of which was exhausted from the production. Since I am currently the only customer that lines up 8" drivers from my OEM, they have not kept an active stock of these parts and apparently no longer have access to the previous supplier. As such, I am going to be outlaying tooling fees to acquire new parts for the driver, which will throw a delay into the subsequent production. I will concurrently be requesting some changes be made in the design of the driver as well - minor things - but things that will increase the resiliency of the driver, and hopefully widen its optimal range of frequency response. These changes will be discussed with the engineers over the next couple weeks so sit tight, and I will do my best to inform you once things are closer to being put into motion.

Oh and one last thing: The Supreme Series

As many have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of our new Supreme series drivers featuring TC Sounds' proprietary Linear Motor Technology, I feel that I should just drop a note here to mention that progress is being made on the newly proposed machining of the pole piece, and we are still aiming for a public debut in late July. All the parts are ready to go, save for the pole piece which should be ready soon.. so keep your fingers crossed that all goes as planned and we can get this baby out on the market sooner rather than later! grin.gif

As always, with any Q's or whatnot, post 'em here, PM me.. but if you want the quickest turnaround time, best way to get me is through email. Keep on keepin' on

Thanks for the update!!

That's sad news about the Rl-p and Rl-i 8 though. How many 8's do you have in inventory yet?

That's good news about the Rl-s series, however :D

Yes, Thank You for the update. Communication is the best thing that any of us enthusiasts can ask for.

-Nick

> How many 8's do you have in inventory yet?

Less than 10, a couple of which have already been spoken for (on one week reserve) - as well as a couple on repair, but who knows how long those will take to come back crazy2.gif

I'll also make note that I will be offering up a sale on overstock / old inventory drivers here at SSA in the coming week or two. So keep an eye out, there will be some RL-i12's, a few RL-i10's, and an outside chance of perhaps even a couple RL-p12 D2's available.

Also to those of you who have helped spread the word by telling your friends, or even simply by posting pictures of your system on the 'net, I can't thank you enough.  So many of you have played an important role in helping get the SoundSplinter name proliferated 'round the web and I can't tell you enough how happy and appreciative I am for the kindness I've been presented from so many of you heart.gif

Im proud to show off my RL-Ps!! :D Also, between here an a couple other forums Ive posted on I have a ton of people PM me and such saying how impressed they were with the way my soundsplinter system looks and asked were to get them! Hopefully that will rack up some more business for ya :fing34:

Hope the trip was great. Also glad to hear you are doing so well and :fing34: on the post, I was kinda like WTF he does'nt owe anyone an explanation but still good customer service. It's easier to swallow "you will have to wait for your woofer" with your explanation.

I got to thinking when I read your post that you need a Soundsplinter Car. Just thinking that it may help to get the name out some more, maybe even get you some publication exposure. I would love to be SS sponsored but alas I don't compete in squat so that would not do your company any good but you really should get someone to start rep'n your stuff at car shows. Anyways I wish you much continued success.

I still want (100% sure since I can't fit a Supreme in my Integra) a p-D2 so please let me know who what when and where. I got cash and I am like 20 minutes from you.

thanks for the updates.. I myself love to here what is going on In a company that I soon will be doing business with ;) mabey even get the first batch of rl-s...who knows with a sig on em and everything....sighs. ill keep dreaming....and ill keep getting the word out on SS.

once again, Mike proves he has the best CS in the business

it's awesome to see SS grow and grow

and i certainly hope the 8's reserved are mine :P

Excellent, I MAY just have to scoop up an rl-i8 if supplies are low...

or will the next run be improved...making it worthy to wait?!?!?!

Thanks for input Mike!

-Noah

wow, what can i say? it's all been said.

mike, thanks for the update and while i know u don't want customers to wait, it's nice to know that business has picked up enough to drain the stock. here's to the magnets getting here and the next ones built!

as to the eights...soooooo....do i need to get another one? is the second run going to be that much better? and just put this first one on the shelf?

can't wait for the s's!!!

and as always..thanks for the awesome job and products!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Mike thank you for your work and effort, I am glad to see the company grow, if there is anything I can do to help promote or expand the company I would be more than glad to help,

I also want to thank you for sending me such a sexy woofer, it is so attractive and makes me feel as if I am the only one in the entire state with one, mine might be the only one that looks the way it does,

it is exciting to hear about the step up in stock and production, good luck

mike - you completly own.

i would never espect any company (espicalyl the CEO) to write an update to their buisness production and problems on a forum, just to 'let us know'.

again stepping further and giving us the heads up.

mad props. anywho. im extremly pumped about my RL-s - i get my amp tomrrow, and im still workin on the rest of the install. ill be using a 10 for the time being. i cant wait for them to be done :D

get in touch with me as soon as you get a 15" production unit on the shelf :D

off topic, but the more i look at the banner in req's sig, the more i like it. mike, maybe that should be the logo that goes on the subs....that mirror image thing with the big one in the center is just too cool.

and of course cut req a bit of a deal on his rl-s for the design...hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

actually just cut all 3-letter usernames a deal.. easier to keep track.. ?? :)

Glad your back mike :) hope you had some fun.

I got dibs on another rl-p 12 d2 if they come available!!!

I have a TC9 custom prototype (basically a pre-production RL-p with the aluminum cone) in dual 2 ohms ;):lol2:

Whaddya gonna gimme for 'er? ;)

I got dibs on another rl-p 12 d2 if they come available!!!

I have a TC9 custom prototype (basically a pre-production RL-p with the aluminum cone) in dual 2 ohms ;):lol2:

Whaddya gonna gimme for 'er? ;)

sex?

Mike,

It's posts like that one that will keep me a customer for life :fing34: Can't wait till the supreme shows up :wub: