Never personally owned one but heard they put out less than rated power. I noticed the price on them and i think you get what you pay for....

i have a 2006D and I can tell you that, while it is fairly powerful and does a good job, I'm sure it doesn't do rated power and it's DEFINITELY NOT the cleanest sounding amp either.... I can hear distorion in it before it's up to full volume and I've had two fairly cheap 300wrms speakers hooked up to it at 2 ohms, which is supposed to be delivering 1300wrms to them and it never even seemed to stress them.... so... yes you get what you pay for, okay place to start for a first system but there's definitely better to be had out there for only a little more money.....

ive got the 1610 series and it works great for me...beats the hell outta my nightshade

ive got the 1610 series and it works great for me...beats the hell outta my nightshade

I bet your nightshade wants way more power than that. If your on a budget then you can go with them but I wouldnt, I would look at Audioque or Audiopipe over Hifonics. Just my .02

I bet your nightshade wants way more power than that. If your on a budget then you can go with them but I wouldnt, I would look at Audioque or Audiopipe over Hifonics. Just my .02

I agree 110% with this remark, at best I would call Hifonics "Tight" budget equipment. I've learned over the years that a person is better off learning some patience and saving a few more dollars and buying the better equipment rather than just buying what they can afford at the time. It almost always saves time, trouble and MONEY in the long run.

The Audiopipe AP line puts out rated, has been proven time and again. The AP1500D can be had on egay for around $160 shipped and the new AP1800D for $190 shipped. Another good option is the MB Quart DSC line. The DSC1500D for around $200 shipped and the DSC2000.1D for like $275 shipped which I will be running in my next system. The MB Quart brand is under the Maxxsonics umbrella, but in a completely different ball park imo. I have personally seen the DSC2000.1D on two fully loaded BTL 18's at only 2 ohms, so 500 per sub, and all I can say is this amp is a beast! Those subs where bangin for 1000 rms.

i have a bxi2610 d hooked up to 2 fi ssd's (800 rms) it seems like way overkill but they take it like a champ considering it probabley pushes around 2200-2300 if that . depending on electrical. you do get what you pay. no problems to complain of as of yet

ive had 2 BXI2006's. both took a shit on me within a year. they get hot really easily and dont put out rated, and that was on decent electrical. i would never buy one again. im personally way happier with my Autotek Mean Machine, but im not really in love with that either. after im done with this one ill no longer be a maxxsonics user. i just think they are cheap. maybe the XXV series or old school Autoteks are good but im not gonna even give them a shot...id def lean towards AP or AQ if you are on a budget

haha i like phi's response.

i've never owned a Hifonics personally, but i know on this forum alone you can find several horror stories of a hifonics going "poof"

pretty much what everyone else has been saying, spent the extra $$$ for an AP or AQ, its not even that much more $$

I have had a bxi2006d for 2 years and gave it to my friend and he has had it for 1 year. The amp is great. I have tested mine and it put out 1886 @ 14.4v which is a little underrated but what do you want for $300. There is nothing wrong with the output on their amps (for what you are paying) and mine shit all over my kicker zx1500 which is a highly underrated amp. As far as sq goes there were some beats the amp could not pick up but nothing you would notice unless you were looking for it.

i have a 2006D and I can tell you that, while it is fairly powerful and does a good job, I'm sure it doesn't do rated power and it's DEFINITELY NOT the cleanest sounding amp either.... I can hear distorion in it before it's up to full volume and I've had two fairly cheap 300wrms speakers hooked up to it at 2 ohms, which is supposed to be delivering 1300wrms to them and it never even seemed to stress them.... so... yes you get what you pay for, okay place to start for a first system but there's definitely better to be had out there for only a little more money.....

Don't blame your amp for setting the gains too high and clipping the signal.

If this is your first system. Give it a try. You will most likely be happy with it. Also I have no experience with AQ or API but I have heard nothing but good things about them so you might want to give those a try.

ive had 2 BXI2006's. both took a shit on me within a year. they get hot really easily and dont put out rated, and that was on decent electrical. i would never buy one again. im personally way happier with my Autotek Mean Machine, but im not really in love with that either. after im done with this one ill no longer be a maxxsonics user. i just think they are cheap. maybe the XXV series or old school Autoteks are good but im not gonna even give them a shot...id def lean towards AP or AQ if you are on a budget

have you ever thought about it been user error?? it getting hot should have been the first sign!! I've had plenty of different brand amps, and none of them ever broke. Why?? cause i knew what i was doing, and i didn't ask the amps to pull tricks out it's arse. that just my O

have you ever thought about it been user error?? it getting hot should have been the first sign!! I've had plenty of different brand amps, and none of them ever broke. Why?? cause i knew what i was doing, and i didn't ask the amps to pull tricks out it's arse. that just my O

My bxi2006d never got hot. In fact it was one of the coolest amps I owned. Did I mention it managed to stay cool underneath a seat on top of it all?

I ran mine at .5 ohms for a while and it took it, never got too warm or anything