galacticmonkey

Galacticmonkey's Avalanche Build

Started planning out the amprack today. Measured a ton of stuff and dont see it fitting and looking decent. Decided to try something different. Taking the window out, panneling it off, and building an amprack in the window. Amps will be on the window, along with hopefully some highs too.

2d2d5d3.jpg

2rhs7kp.jpg

2wbyzvs.jpg

2ykg855.jpg

2mwrur.jpg

Hope it works like I want it to.

Never thought of taking the window out for an amp rack, definitely tuned in for this one. Good luck with and hope you get it how you like it. :drink40:

Hmm I can't decide if I want to do a 4th or 6th order for my next build.

I love all the fiberglass, and the river of resin!

why no sundown?

Ran Sundown in my last 2 cars. Wanted to try something different. And as for the wattage per dollar, its hard to beat these Quart 2000s. Its $275 new, and the Sundown 2000 is like $500+. And its not like youre paying for a better amp, the Quart 2000 uses the same board as the Crunch GP3k. So it definitely has a strong base to make some great power, and that it does. It plays great, does nice power, and isnt fussy like my Sundown 3k was.

Edited by galacticmonkey

Ran Sundown in my last 2 cars. Wanted to try something different. And as for the wattage per dollar, its hard to beat these Quart 2000s. Its $275 new, and the Sundown 2000 is like $500+. And its not like youre paying for a better amp, the Quart 2000 uses the same board as the Crunch GP3k. So it definitely has a strong base to make some great power, and that it does. It plays great, does nice power, and isnt fussy like my Sundown 3k was.

thats rough. i see an argument starting.

I was getting ready to chop his head off and face fuck him ;)

What did you decide for the highs? Still using the Hertz? I hope so !!!

How can go from Hsk to Selenium or whatever pro audio speakers ? with horns, and so on

I don't like pro audio speakers or horns at all : it screams too much for my taste!

I've never heard the Hertz, but I'm sure they play better than these PA speakers !!!

Good job ! I like it !

LOLZ

Great looking build.

the amp rack should look fresh

Why would it start an arguement?

people on here live by sundown.

Not I said the little pig. :)

I dont live by them just prefer them in my install, but Im not bias on them when it comes to others install (it is your money, get what you want).

some how it concerns me to see "chop" and "face fuck" in the same sentence, lol :wackit2:

i like my sundown, it was a huge step up from my four kole 1920's or my two hifonics brutus 2600's .

:nothingtoadd:

Not I said the little pig. :)

I run ZED or PG usually, Mark runs Sundown. :)

LMAO @ porkchop!!

To all the people who only run Sundown and absolutely nothing else, have you ever ran any other high end amplifiers? Sundown makes a good amp, but they are not the be-all-end-all amplifier. No amp is.

Damn! that box looks solid. popcorn.gif

I wish. The top flexes a good 2" with less than 1krms for the pair. It cracked the first metal brace we put in.

But anyway, many changes to come. Truck will be getting alot louder.

To all the people who only run Sundown and absolutely nothing else, have you ever ran any other high end amplifiers?

indeed i have.

To all the people who only run Sundown and absolutely nothing else, have you ever ran any other high end amplifiers? Sundown makes a good amp, but they are not the be-all-end-all amplifier. No amp is.

Yup!

PPI and Orion before ADST and Directed. Hi-Fonics and Crunch before Maxxsonics. Phoenix Gold before Rodin and AAMP. Soundstream before Epislon Electronics and Rockford Fosgate Punch and HD series. All old school amps

I run Sundown now because I wanted to try something other than mainstream and glad that I did!

Yup!

PPI and Orion before ADST and Directed. Hi-Fonics and Crunch before Maxxsonics. Phoenix Gold before Rodin and AAMP. Soundstream before Epislon Electronics and Rockford Fosgate Punch and HD series. All old school amps

I run Sundown now because I wanted to try something other than mainstream and glad that I did!

x2, wanted to venture away from mainstream and was looking at getting an Audioque AQ2200D then seen the Sundown on Presale for a few dollars more and jumped on the Sundown SAZ-2000D and then got a Sundown SAX-125.2, havent turned back yet. I also wanted to get one of the newer lines of Zed Audio Amps but they werent out yet with a sketchy time of release when I needed an amp but still will get some in the future. For my car it will be Zed or Sundown Audio for amps and KnuKonceptz for my wiring and rca needs (I found a good company and gonna stick with them), the only bias I have for equipment is what will be ran in my car.

One thing about the wiring... Give Stinger a shot. I always used cheap stuff that I got for free for my wiring, and for my truck I decided to try Knu. The Kolossus Fleks is pretty nice. The speaker wire is ok, but super stiff. The RCAs... The wrap on them is huge, stiff, and they are a pain to work with when trying to run through your dash and under pannels and stuff.

Then a buddy showed me his Stinger stuff. Its great. I always thought it was just some overpriced wire that people bought for the name, but looking back, its comparable in price to Kicker and Knu, but much better IMO. The HPM 1/0 is much more flexible than both the Kollossus Fleks and the Kicker wiring. The HPM speaker wire is flexible as a shoeloace, easily 5x as flexible as the Knu Kolossus Fleks speaker wire. The Stinger RCAs are great too. I bought a Stinger PRO series 4ch RCA and its flat. Its super flexible and they are FLAT. You can run them through anything. Much smaller than the KNUs.

All in all, the comparable lines of Stinger are on a whole different level than the Knu and Kicker. If you have never tried any of the Stinger, give it a shot. It really is the best stuff out there.

One thing about the wiring... Give Stinger a shot. I always used cheap stuff that I got for free for my wiring, and for my truck I decided to try Knu. The Kolossus Fleks is pretty nice. The speaker wire is ok, but super stiff. The RCAs... The wrap on them is huge, stiff, and they are a pain to work with when trying to run through your dash and under pannels and stuff.

Then a buddy showed me his Stinger stuff. Its great. I always thought it was just some overpriced wire that people bought for the name, but looking back, its comparable in price to Kicker and Knu, but much better IMO. The HPM 1/0 is much more flexible than both the Kollossus Fleks and the Kicker wiring. The HPM speaker wire is flexible as a shoeloace, easily 5x as flexible as the Knu Kolossus Fleks speaker wire. The Stinger RCAs are great too. I bought a Stinger PRO series 4ch RCA and its flat. Its super flexible and they are FLAT. You can run them through anything. Much smaller than the KNUs.

All in all, the comparable lines of Stinger are on a whole different level than the Knu and Kicker. If you have never tried any of the Stinger, give it a shot. It really is the best stuff out there.

I have the Stinger 12 ga speaker And It is VERY SOFT. Lick a spaghetti noodle. Easy to run through the door bootys. I Have the Knu (1/0, 4ch RCAs, 2ch RCAs)for everything else and they are Definetly STIFF. I will try the Stinger for sure the next time, Thanks.

I love my Stinger wire. It's like a wet noodle...Are you still looking for a new amp, or have you gotten one?