Kanaworm$

Eclipse no more?

Oh wow.

didn't expect to hear that one...

If you and Aaron decide to call it quits I will be paying you a visit...because I'll have TONS of free time from not being on here! :shrug:

Not surprised. More and more you won't see people changing out headunits in the future. The OE stuff is getting better and that is obviously where the cash cow is for companies like that.

If you and Aaron decide to call it quits I will be paying you a visit...because I'll have TONS of free time from not being on here! :shrug:

It is not happening anytime in the near future, unless we get some nutty offer for the entire SSA umbrella. ;)

Not surprised. More and more you won't see people changing out headunits in the future. The OE stuff is getting better and that is obviously where the cash cow is for companies like that.

That and many of these OE units are controlling more then just the audio, so the swap would effect other systems.

It is not happening anytime in the near future, unless we get some nutty offer for the entire SSA umbrella. ;)

You sell to the Ant and the whole car audio world will be corrupted. Please don't.

You sell to the Ant and the whole car audio world will be corrupted. Please don't.

I was kidding. Worked to hard for too long to sell now. ;)

I honestly wasn't a fan of the Eclipse Head Units...I had a 7200MKll installed for a short time

but the sound floor (Eclipse Hiss) drove me nuts so I put my Premier 980 back in.....

Man, I wanted to grab a pair of titaniums...

I honestly wasn't a fan of the Eclipse Head Units...I had a 7200MKll installed for a short time

but the sound floor (Eclipse Hiss) drove me nuts so I put my Premier 980 back in.....

Interesting. My 8455 doesn't have that hiss, neither did my 8053.

You seem to want everything and buy nothing., but it isn't like Eclipse built them anyway. More or less they are still available.

You seem to want everything and buy nothing., but it isn't like Eclipse built them anyway. More or less they are still available.

What's wrong with wanting? I'm not exactly rich, and neither is my family. Dreams are good. I do have a tendency to get carried away though :shrug:

That sucks!!!! Just when i decided to change from Pioneer headunits...Glad i got my CD5030 before they stop making them

What's wrong with wanting? I'm not exactly rich, and neither is my family. Dreams are good. I do have a tendency to get carried away though :shrug:

Nothing, but you state it in nearly every thread even somewhat related. No one really wants to read what you want when it is everything.

my front stage lets you hear everything including the space around the recording.....

the JBL 660gti's are just amazing..you can even hear the fingerprint rub on the guitar strings

I never really was a fan of Eclipse, as far as looks went. But they had some nice features though

my front stage lets you hear everything including the space around the recording.....

the JBL 660gti's are just amazing..you can even hear the fingerprint rub on the guitar strings

You should listen to a Seas Excel once if you think the JBL's are transparent. You'd be floored. And yes, that is what my Eclipse was connected to. No hiss.

some new info from CES

It is true that Eclispe has decided to discontinue selling to the retail level immediately. However the AVN 726e and AVN 4430 will be available in Canada through 2010 and will be changing in 2011 to the fujitsu brand name with a new Navigation model being introduced. All of the accesories for the Nav units be still available for purchase.

You should listen to a once if you think the JBL's are transparent. You'd be floored. And yes, that is what my Eclipse was connected to. No hiss.

the noise floor isn't a full out hiss but it definately has a noticable sound floor presence compared to my Premier 980...

I wouldn't doubt the Seas sound good.....

Didn't the JBL 660GTI's take home the Euopean award for Best in car speaker system ? I could be wrong :peepwall:

the 660's got a perfect score (10 out of 10) on SQ , Build Quality and power handling

probably why my new hobby is listening to all the instrumental flaws :santa:

so far they are the best components I have ever owned or heard in car

The 8053 introduced noise into my system. I think they were just very picking on grounds.

I loved the 34230, however. That amp had some balls.

interesting i own one of there 4 channel amps the EA4200 and have had zero problems

interesting i own one of there 4 channel amps the EA4200 and have had zero problems

I've owned a EA4100 and used it in several builds. It was a great amp