dub26z

Audioque hdc3 woofers?

Has anybody heard the audioque hdc3 woofers?I got a audioque 2200 amp from a friend and i wanted to know if 2 12'inch hcd3 woofers could get loud off of it?Do they reccomend sealed or ported?

Has anybody heard the audioque hdc3 woofers?I got a audioque 2200 amp from a friend and i wanted to know if 2 12'inch hcd3 woofers could get loud off of it?Do they reccomend sealed or ported?

Any sub on 2000 watts will get loud, what you need to do is give us goals and any other information so we can help you make a better decision on what will be good for your application. I think they recommend ported for there subs, if you want any information on them go to audioque.com and do some research. You can also talk to DJ as he answers all the calls and will answer all your questions you have about his products.

AudioQue... Eh :shrug:

Any sub on 2000 watts will get loud, what you need to do is give us goals and any other information so we can help you make a better decision on what will be good for your application. I think they recommend ported for there subs, if you want any information them go to audioque.com and do some research. You can also talk to DJ as he answers all the calls and will answer all your questions you have about his products.

thank you..I went on the site no information about box reccomendations.My stock alt is 160 can i do the big 3 and 1 kinetic 2400 and 1 xs powe 3100?

what do you mean by that?

There is nothing special about them, they will create sound. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, not even for a paperweight.

Yeah do the Big 3 and both those batteries you wont need, you should only need one extra battery. The best way to tell is do the Big 3, install a volt meter and secondary battery. Watch your voltage and go from there if you need any other electrical upgrades.

Yeah do the Big 3 and both those batteries you wont need, you should only need one extra battery. The best way to tell is do the Big 3, install a volt meter and secondary battery. Watch your voltage and go from there if you need any other electrical upgrades.

My bad i just meant one battery?Hey jaycee i got a question my battery is in my trunk so to do the big 3 could i get all the wires and fuses,fuse holders ect,for around 150 dollars?

My bad i just meant one battery?Hey jaycee i got a question my battery is in my trunk so to do the big 3 could i get all the wires and fuses,fuse holders ect,for around 150 dollars?

It depends but you should be able too. I was in the same situation you were in last summer considering my battery is in my trunk. I didnt do the Big 3, basically I did the Big 2 for now on until I get a HO Alternator. I only did the engine block to chassis in 1/0 AWG with one wire and the Battery Negative to chassis in 1/0 AWG with two wires to keep my voltage steady. My Battery Positive to Alternator Positive came from the factory with 105Amps so Im fine for now, maybe I will do the last wire in the future but not worried about it now. I got my wire for less than 30 buck, 1/0 terminals for 15 bucks and that was just those two wires.

Any sub on 2000 watts will get loud, what you need to do is give us goals and any other information so we can help you make a better decision on what will be good for your application. I think they recommend ported for there subs, if you want any information them go to audioque.com and do some research. You can also talk to DJ as he answers all the calls and will answer all your questions you have about his products.

thank you..I went on the site no information about box reccomendations.My stock alt is 160 can i do the big 3 and 1 kinetic 2400 and 1 xs powe 3100?

wait, so your stock alternator puts out 160 amps?

I love mine, they take beating. They take about 2K a peice to get them to shine, and thier worth way more than a paper weight. What are your goals

Edited by Enellz

i have always had success with aq subs, and amps. what kind of vehical is this going in? i can help with the design if you want man.

If you care about SQ then id look else where. Other then that, it was a great woofer for me. Just didn't have the SQ by any means. It was useless with rock especially. But on certain rap songs, she got LOUD.

2600W Rms 4.0 cube at 33hz

There is nothing special about them, they will create sound. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, not even for a paperweight.

Don't listen to this crap. He's bias. I have heard single and dual set-ups for daily and competition set-ups and they are great. Subs are like food. Its mostly about preferences.

Your idea of sound great is amusing. Loud perhaps, but great my ass.

Don't listen to this crap. He's bias. I have heard single and dual set-ups for daily and competition set-ups and they are great. Subs are like food. Its mostly about preferences.

Is his bias really any different than yours? They are both based on opinions, just like the food analogy you used.

If you care about SQ then id look else where. Other then that, it was a great woofer for me. Just didn't have the SQ by any means. It was useless with rock especially. But on certain rap songs, she got LOUD.

2600W Rms 4.0 cube at 33hz

Sorry to say but you were tuned WAY too low for an HDC3 which is probably why it didnt sound to good.

35hz is the lowest recommended tuning to drop very low for music.

I tuned mine back when i had a pair of 12s to 38hz and could drop it down to 24hz off of 4,500w of power and still not bottom out. That's how i set the subsonic filter.

38hz is the optimal tuning for their subs due to their long throw capability.

They will roll off right in the most common frequency range for most rap n rock which is in the 40-50hz range when tuning too low.

I am a little confused by this, can you expand on that for me?

I agree with Shizzzon.

I have mine tuned to about 36 hz, and they sound good but I always felt it was lacking. Being that I listen to mostly rap, go-go, and R&B, I was kinda nervous to tune so high. Doing so I understand why they recommend tuning so high. Even though the hit the lows nice and heavy, my go go and old school R&B is lacking, so my next box is being built at 38 Hz. People say it's not a SQ sub, which is true, they should still sound good overall.

To the OP : you're on the ssa forums, take a look at the ssa shop. You can find a lot of very good woofers that will suit your needs.

You don't need AQ sub because you have an AQ amp !peepwall.gif

SSA, Incriminator, Sundown,... so much to please you !santa.gif

Some opinions might be/seem biaised, on AQ, but, like we say here : no smoke without fire !

You can have great output AND sound quality with what you'll find here, for sure !!!

I am a little confused by this, can you expand on that for me?

I agree with Aaron, why would an old school RE XXX with 54 mm of xmax be put in an enclosure tuned to 30-33 Hz. and not 38 Hz.?

you know what... i have no idea.... This information was handed down to me from the company itself.

IF it seems possible that the xmech value has nothing to do with the higher tuning preference, then someone who builds subwoofers could probably explain why their subs work best tuned so high.

This is what i do know personally-

Whatever these subs are tuned at will be capable of dropping MUCH lower than other subs that most people are used to.

What i am implying is many people expect to set their subsonic filter just below tuning...

that's now how there subs work. It takes a lot to unload one of these subs.

They are not competition speakers, just very brutal street beater subs.

They have one of the stiffest suspensions i have ever seen and any owner of one would say the same thing. It takes weeks and weeks and weeks before they start to loosen up.

"Maybe" that's why they can be tuned so high... their tight suspension prevents them from bottoming out...

However, even if that's true, why does the low end NOT lack even when tuned so high?

Audioque would have the answer... apparently i dont.

Seriously? Perhaps sub box 101 is in order for you. There is no magic in any sub.

There is one positive (err, sort of) in your ramblings and that most people tune too low for their sub. You really should match the driver to your goals, then optimize the box, and then pick an amplifier. All this tune super low, tune high, big box, small box advice is crap. It HAS to match the T/S of the sub otherwise it will fail. Personally I want NOTHING to do with one of their drivers, WAY too much of a compromise for me.

i've seen your opinion expressed about their subs plenty of times and am curious as to what triggers your opinion?

Damn, some people never learn. . . .