dub26z

Audioque hdc3 woofers?

you know what... i have no idea.... This information was handed down to me from the company itself.

IF it seems possible that the xmech value has nothing to do with the higher tuning preference, then someone who builds subwoofers could probably explain why their subs work best tuned so high.

You don't need to build subwoofers for a living to understand that they recommend you tune high because the driver's Fs is ri-pucking-diculously high.

I have some 7" mids here that have an Fs only 2hz higher than the Fs of the 12" HDC3.

You're 7" mids are midbass drivers. ;) (and a Fs of 43hz on a 12" inch driver isn't super high, and the 10 inch has a Fs of 41hz.)

And remember the T/S specs aren't averaged between a few woofers, they took 1 woofer and took the T/S parameters without a break-in period.(Break in period lowers Fs quite a bit in a few cases.)

AQ drivers are designed to work the best with higher tuned boxes which don't need as much space.

Because they are tuned higher then normal they need to have a suspension that is harder and not a soft suspension.

That how they get a high Fs, low moving mass and strong suspension that controls the cone if it goes below tuning.

You can tune a woofer below Fs without a lot of problems, but if you don't stick with optimal enclosure volume and tuning they are going to sound like shit.

Because the manufacture gives quite a lot of optoins you can build it how you like it.

BTW, they have a SQ competitor:

Competitor Highlight – Sound Quality Competitor

LewisBrood

Name: Lewis Brood, Competitor

2005 Kia Sorento lx SUBs: AQHDC312 x 2

woofers- 2-aq hdc3 ,12 inch duel 2ohm

wiring by – tsunami and knukonceptz

2007 team northeast competitor of the year

2007 team northeast 3rd place woofercooker 2

2007 iasca Finals, stock 2 champ

2007 iasca Finals, 3rd place rookie- sound quality

2008 team northeast 3rd place woofercooker 1 pro

151 db is my best record so far to date with a lot more to come !!!!!!

Lewis has never placed less than 3rd in over 20 sound quality competitions!

Yep, they are taken before the sub is broken in.

The new Sundown Zv2 has a FS of 42hz.. I guess this sub vs the original one of an FS of 28hz is gonna sound like total crap....

I highly doubt that.

Back in 2005, i had a 15" HD3 in an 8cuft box tuned to 29hz.

I dont recommend doin that because anything in the mid 40s and up rolled off too quick.

Anyways, the sub could drop down to about 19hz before it would start bottoming out and it sounded awesome on the lows.

you know what... i have no idea.... This information was handed down to me from the company itself.

IF it seems possible that the xmech value has nothing to do with the higher tuning preference, then someone who builds subwoofers could probably explain why their subs work best tuned so high.

You don't need to build subwoofers for a living to understand that they recommend you tune high because the driver's Fs is ri-pucking-diculously high.

I have some 7" mids here that have an Fs only 2hz higher than the Fs of the 12" HDC3.

You're 7" mids are midbass drivers. ;) (and a Fs of 43hz on a 12" inch driver isn't super high, and the 10 inch has a Fs of 41hz.)

And remember the T/S specs aren't averaged between a few woofers, they took 1 woofer and took the T/S parameters without a break-in period.(Break in period lowers Fs quite a bit in a few cases.)

No, an Fs of 43hz for a 12" driver is ridiculously high, and the reason the driver needs to be in a high tuned enclosure.

No, an Fs of 43hz for a 12" driver is ridiculously high, and the reason the driver needs to be in a high tuned enclosure.

The Nightshade (12") has a Fs of 43 hz, and they recommend tuning between 30-40hz.

And optimal tuning from Jacob was around 34hz i think, that's not really high i think.

And i don't think the nightshade 12" can get as low as the HDC3 tuned to 34hz.

Only basing on Fs you can't say how a subwoofer will play.

(Sorry if you don't really understand it 100%, because i'm from Belgium :) )

EDIT: Why did i get -1 for the previous post?

If i said something that isn't correct, please say so. (i think everything i said was correct.)

Edited by kirill007

The Nightshade (12") has a Fs of 43 hz, and they recommend tuning between 30-40hz.

And optimal tuning from Jacob was around 34hz i think, that's not really high i think.

And i don't think the nightshade 12" can get as low as the HDC3 tuned to 34hz.

Only basing on Fs you can't say how a subwoofer will play.

(Sorry if you don't really understand it 100%, because i'm from Belgium :) )

EDIT: Why did i get -1 for the previous post?

If i said something that isn't correct, please say so. (i think everything i said was correct.)

I guarantee I'll go lower than a similar AQ setup tuned to the recommended 38 Hz.

Your thinking about this the wrong way, the enclosure determined low end output in most cases. You might as well put an AQ in a prefabricated enclosure as that's around where they are tuned. They recommend tuning so high so their inefficient drivers can seem louder than they really are. I've heard many AQ setups and it takes a TON of power to make them play below tuning cause they are so damn inefficient. They recomend tuning at 38 Hz. because most people listen to music that peaks there or slightly higher. You are right in that Fs drops a few Hz. after break in and the spiders loosen up, but if they are as stiff as you claim the Fs won't drop much ;)

Hate to say it, but he comes of as a dick... that's what I've picked up from his post. He made this site seem very unwelcoming to me, making it as a whole look bad.

I am sorry, but one member, on a site this size and this old, does not make it as a whole look in any sort of manner.

As for the "public forum", no its not. It is privately owned and run. You join here and make a promise to contribute and then you should follow your promise.

I wish more people understood this.

As for the "public forum", no its not. It is privately owned and run. You join here and make a promise to contribute and then you should follow your promise.

And they sure get all sorts of sand in their privates when you point it out to. :(

And they sure get all sorts of sand in their privates when you point it out to. :(

It would be one thing if this was a rinky dink little site with little to no up keep, fee's or expenses, but that is far from the case.

I am sorry, but one member, on a site this size and this old, does not make it as a whole look in any sort of manner.

When you have a business, and a customer is brought into "the business environment" you want them to feel as comfortable as possible. You want the person to be comfortable. I like the site a lot, having an experience with someone I feel is having an attitude towards me leaves me feeling uncomfortable. When being left feeling uncomfortable,one doesn't always feel that they will come to back to give business or support to the business, in this case a forum. The site has a store and also has several advertisements for other sites, but we all know that. The the thing is, when a "respected" member behind the team comes out with an attitude... I get the same impression if an ass on a used car lot comes out trying to screw me, I'm not giving that place my business. Its the same concept here, so one member can reflect the whole site(which I do love). I myself apologize if I did anything "wrong ", I ask what I did in order to learn from my mistake but am still left with unclear answers. Mentioning I need to "listen", and "learn"... not telling me really anything, I didn't do nothing bad as far as I know ( if questioning someone is bad, I guess I deserved a ban then). I like this site, I do listen to the advice of others, and learn from it as well.

Edited by keetykush

Look in the mirror. You ignored our rules which you agreed to when you joined, when this was brought up you had the gall to have an attitude and disagree with the rules you agreed to. This is the second account you have managed to tarnish doing the exact same things. It would be really easy for you if you re-read the three threads in my signature and follow the rules. You'd be amazed what will happen. At that point the attitude that you refer to me having won't show up as it is always instigated by negligence in the post from others.

Oh and for the record, I have absolutely nothing against you. You have the power to change my responses, all it requires is a logical question and you'll get logical answers.

Oh, and btw, more than 50% of the people that make posts like the one you just did thank me for being hard in PM's later in their SSA time. The others don't change and never get real answers, always stay confused, and seem to disappear. Your choice and please don't do it for me, but instead change for yourself.

When you have a business, and a customer is brought into "the business environment" you want them to feel as comfortable as possible. You want the person to be comfortable. I like the site a lot, having an experience with someone I feel is having an attitude towards me leaves me feeling uncomfortable. When being left feeling uncomfortable,one doesn't always feel that they will come to back to give business or support to the business, in this case a forum. The site has a store and also has several advertisements for other sites, but we all know that. The the thing is, when a "respected" member behind the team comes out with an attitude... I get the same impression if an ass on a used car lot comes out trying to screw me, I'm not giving that place my business. Its the same concept here, so one member can reflect the whole site(which I do love). I myself apologize if I did anything "wrong ", I ask what I did in order to learn from my mistake but am still left with unclear answers. Mentioning I need to "listen", and "learn"... not telling me really anything, I didn't do nothing bad as far as I know ( if questioning someone is bad, I guess I deserved a ban then). I like this site, I do listen to the advice of others, and learn from it as well.

I think you are blurring the lines between the different entities of SSA, which is very easy to do. But the SSA forum is not the business, if we charged for membership, then it would be a different story. The SSA forum is a privately owned forum, that is linked to the SSA Store, but the SSA forum is not a business. Sean (///M5) is not an employee of the SSA Store or brand, nor is he even a customer, he is a member of the staff of the SSA forum which is not paid. He is apart of the staff due to his high level of knowledge and experience in relation to audio. The only people on this forum that represent SSA the company / store / brand, are Mark (ssaudio) and me. This should be evident by who over see's the SSA Store forum section and the SSA speaker brand forum section. There are brands on here that the SSA Store does not sell, and every staff member outside the two owners, do not represent the company / store / brand. Heck, the SSA forum staff all pretty much buy their products from places like Madisound or PE, not the SSA store.

Now if they (SSA forum staff) were employees of SSA the brand / Store / company, then this place will be no longer be an unbiased resource of source of information on audio. There are plenty of product pushing forums out there, SSA has integrity and is not one of them. I hope that clears up any confusion you might have had.

Oh, and btw, more than 50% of the people that make posts like the one you just did thank me for being hard in PM's later in their SSA time. The others don't change and never get real answers, always stay confused, and seem to disappear. Your choice and please don't do it for me, but instead change for yourself.

I'm glad Sean was hard on my when I joined, you learn so much more if you just stop typing verbal diarrhea and read, invest your time in reading here, and here. There is a welth of knowledge on this forum, and you don;t need to talk to anyone or ask questions to find it. Read first, try to understand the concepts, then ask questions.

I will give the mods and owners of SSA the credit that is due.

I have never (read not once, ever) seen them try to pump their product to the masses like all the others. In fact quite the opposite. I have seen them on many occasions recommend a different brand if that was the best solution. Who else would do that? I know the answer.

I have never seen another brand say you are a brand X buyer and our sub is not the solution to your goal.

That is FACT!

None of these guys are fan boys and that is one reason I will never run another brand.

I would agree, half the stuff i have learned was from Sean, he does come off as kind of dick. But do you learn from someone who is hard on you and gives you factual answers or do you learn from someone who nurtures you and doesn't challenge you?

Has anybody heard the audioque hdc3 woofers?I got a audioque 2200 amp from a friend and i wanted to know if 2 12'inch hcd3 woofers could get loud off of it?Do they reccomend sealed or ported?

O.k. back to the topic, yes I heard of Audioque hdc3 woofers I used them ( the 15's) a few years ago. I liked the subs for spl but not so much for music or sq. If you want to use the 2-12 that amp will work just fine. Audioque optimum performance will be in a vented enclsure

.Good luck

I hope that clears up any confusion you might have had.

Wasn't really confused, but yeah I understand. Ordered something from yall today, I am supportive of SSA.

Wasn't really confused, but yeah I understand. Ordered something from yall today, I am supportive of SSA.

Good. Glad you don't hold a grudge :) I can guarantee I don't. I am an easy person to figure out on the forums and unless drunk, consistent.

Good. Glad you don't hold a grudge :) I can guarantee I don't. I am an easy person to figure out on the forums and unless drunk, consistent.

Given your posts on the forum I find it hard to believe we hail from the same sunny state. :peepwall: