Gary F.

Road to 160db's!!!

This was with the 12v batts, that have been sitting in the floor for about 2 weeks. Resting voltage was 13.1 no charge or anything.

you should probably post up a video or something... :popcorn::drink40::santa:

This was with the 12v batts, that have been sitting in the floor for about 2 weeks. Resting voltage was 13.1 no charge or anything.

:ehh:

Ok so I charged the batts overnight, connected the back batts with the front. Started the van up, let it idle for about 2 minutes. Starting voltage was 14.3, I still have the stock alt. on it. Burped it and.......

158ns18002.jpg

Edited by Gary F.

Pulled the 12v batts out, put the 16v's in. These batteries have been sitting for awhile. I didn't even put the charger on them. they were resting at 15.9 volts

158ns18005-1.jpg

Almost there!!! I did a 159.5 but forgot to turn off the charger, so that don't count.158ns18008.jpg

Eleven tens ? :woot:

Why do you have so much fuses?

The class I compete in MECA require fuses. I'm running 29 5amp fuses so i'm rated at 145 amps. I'm allowed 320 amps.

Keep up the good work, only 5 tenths away from the goal. Let us in on the tweaks you have done or will do to reach that 160db's goal.

Ok, so I got everything put back together and ready for the show this Sunday. I lost .1 with the fuse block. 159.3 is not to bad with only 2 SAZ-1500D's! I also know that the meter being used on sunday reads .1-.2 db's lower then mine. So I should be able to do a 159-159.1. Another thing to factor in is, it is going to be COLD!!!! The high for sunday is only gonna be 33, so i know my batteries will not put out the power they were doing in my testing this weekend. And I'm pretty sure my freq. will change. So sunday morning I'm gonna have to do some more testing, cause it will not get that cold any this week.

Way to go Gary!! I will be happy to do a 145db with my 12 maybe one day.I'm working on it tho. was going to make some cables up today but no gas for the torch.

Can't wait to see you do this!

Show is Sunday! There is about 4 inches of snow on the ground, and they are calling for 8-10 before its over. I was told that the show is going on no matter what!

Cold=amps and subs will run better. Why do you think the loudest guys come from the North East?????????

Go kick some ass!!!

J