xX Mavr1ck Xx

99 Yukon getting 18" BTL

Great work so far ! I love the dash lights. I am going to have to borrow that idea for my Yukon.

Great work so far ! I love the dash lights. I am going to have to borrow that idea for my Yukon.

Glad you like them man, if you need any help doing it, let me know.

This build is relevant to my interests. I'll be starting on my Suburban once it warms up a little.

My buddy owns a generator/alternator shop. I should ask him what kind of money he gets since I plan to upgrade my alternator as well.

Edited by shakes

This build is relevant to my interests. I'll be starting on my Suburban once it warms up a little.

My buddy owns a generator/alternator shop. I should ask him what kind of money he gets since I plan to upgrade my alternator as well.

Appreciate the interest man, what year you got?

P.S. Here's an update of whats happened since the last update: Big 3 stuff and voltage meter are coming in Thursday, and last night I got an email from Scott at Fi Audio, it said that my BTL has shipped out today! =)

Appreciate the interest man, what year you got?

P.S. Here's an update of whats happened since the last update: Big 3 stuff and voltage meter are coming in Thursday, and last night I got an email from Scott at Fi Audio, it said that my BTL has shipped out today! =)

I have a 94, with the ugly interior, but I really wanted a 3/4 ton big block so it was a lot harder to find what I wanted. It gets the job done and I got a great deal on it, one owner and the guy passed away so his family traded it in to a local dealer to get a car.

I'm planning to run similar wattage so it will be good to see what electrical upgrades you do and how well it works.

I have a 94, with the ugly interior, but I really wanted a 3/4 ton big block so it was a lot harder to find what I wanted. It gets the job done and I got a great deal on it, one owner and the guy passed away so his family traded it in to a local dealer to get a car.

I'm planning to run similar wattage so it will be good to see what electrical upgrades you do and how well it works.

That 5.7 350 is plenty for me lol, but the 2500s are nice too! Did yours come with the second battery tray in it? Mine did, and thats where I plan on putting my 2nd battery when I can get it. It's really nice that most of our SUVs came stock with that option.

That 5.7 350 is plenty for me lol, but the 2500s are nice too! Did yours come with the second battery tray in it? Mine did, and thats where I plan on putting my 2nd battery when I can get it. It's really nice that most of our SUVs came stock with that option.

Yeah, I've had a half tons with 350's, but I do a lot of towing and the extra torque is nice, what I really wanted the 3/4 ton for is the bigger brakes, better tranny and tougher suspension. I always thought the half tons weren't designed too great in the towing/hauling aspect. If I had to daily drive the big block I'd go crazy though. It sits most of the winter, I don't think I've driven it since December except to move it to shovel the driveway. I've owned a lot of these trucks. Just bought a 97 Tahoe today actually.

Good trucks though, the 350 is such a solid motor and if you go easy on them they're really not that bad on gas.

Installed the volt meter today, and hopefully I can get the big 3 done this weekend. Then BTL Monday! I'm getting so anxious lol

2aj45ll.jpg

I remember waiting for my BTL. Don't forget the pictures!!!

x2, i remember my mom yelling "its here, its here" :tehe:

good location trink40.gif

tuned popcorn.gif

Thanks man, about the only place could find lol.

lovin' all the blue. looks good. fing34.gif

Ha I love it too! The meter makes all my other lights look so dim, but they really aren't. That's the only part I wasn't completely happy about, but I still love it!

I remember waiting for my BTL. Don't forget the pictures!!!

x2, i remember my mom yelling "its here, its here" mamoru-tehe.gif

Lol I can only imagine what I'm going to do when it arrives! I can't quit thinking about it! Oh and pics for sure!wink.gif

:fing34:, keep up the good work.

I have no experience on alternators and I have a fewquick questions about this alternator: CHEVY C K GMC TRUCK HIGH 220 AMP OUTPUT ALTERNATOR 96-00 8206-5: HO-8206-5-220 AMP-GMC DB Electrical Starter-Alternator

Will this bolt on directly to where my current one is?

Is this a good price/brand?

What size fuses will I need on my wires?

Here's my cars info:

1999 GMC Yukon SLT

4 Door 5.7L Vortec 350 V8

And if you guys need any more info on my car let me know!

I appreciate any of your comments on this or any of your advice, Thanks! Mavrick

Edited by xX Mavr1ck Xx

i've heard good things about powerbastards. i would also look at irragi, dc, and mechman...there are others but i cant think of anymore off the top of my head lol.

i've heard good things about powerbastards. i would also look at irragi, dc, and mechman...there are others but i cant think of anymore off the top of my head lol.

Word. I think I might go with the one from powerbastards.com then. Little bit more expensive than I was expecting, but I'm not going to let that hold me back lol. Thanks for the info guys! This site has to have the fastest responses I've ever seen!

Alright so I went with a powerbastards one around six months ago for my Nissan pathfinder. It was called the fitzall 220 amp alternator. If you know where the alt. Is in a Nissan then you know it's well hidden. So I had to automotive shops try to install it. They simply said it wasn't possible. I called powerbastards and Told him I have brought this alt. To two places to install and they said there's no way. The brackets holding it in were not even lined up. His responce was well we have had customers with the same vehicle install it. Simply put it he was the worst company I have delt with today. I had to pay a restocking fee to return it. Now I wish I would have saved up and done it the right way. But who knows that's what my experience was with them, maybe yours will be different.

Alright so I went with a powerbastards one around six months ago for my Nissan pathfinder. It was called the fitzall 220 amp alternator. If you know where the alt. Is in a Nissan then you know it's well hidden. So I had to automotive shops try to install it. They simply said it wasn't possible. I called powerbastards and Told him I have brought this alt. To two places to install and they said there's no way. The brackets holding it in were not even lined up. His responce was well we have had customers with the same vehicle install it. Simply put it he was the worst company I have delt with today. I had to pay a restocking fee to return it. Now I wish I would have saved up and done it the right way. But who knows that's what my experience was with them, maybe yours will be different.

Oh no! That's not cool. So what brand did you end up going with?

Oh no! That's not cool. So what brand did you end up going with?

I actually got my original alt rewound. Which It definitely holds up but I should have saved up for a DC. Yeah there expensive but there one of the best in the business

Sorry guys but I have another question or senario I guess. So I was thinking about running that PowerBastards 220 amp alternator with 2 Duralast Goldtops. Combined that'd be 1600 CCA. They'll be ran parallel with 0 gauge and have big 3 done. Will this work? and will it be enough to run my amp and sub to its full potential? I feel bad for asking all these nooby questions, but I'm trying to get this figured out. Thanks guys

should b plunty. just keep an eye on ur voltage til u know for sure.

should b plunty. just keep an eye on ur voltage til u know for sure.

trink40.gif Thank you! lol. I've been looking up information on dual battery setups for hours! This is the cheapest solution I could come up with. So I'll be able to go topped out on the amp with minimal voltage drop?