Hotdog69

Hotdog69's Build Log

HOTDOG's Build Log

The Equipment Used

Rockford Fosgate T10001bd on two 12" RFR2212 Fosgate Power Series rated at 1000rms 2000peak

RFT10001bd.jpg

Sundown SAE1200-D on two 15" RFR2215 Fosgate Power Series rated at 1000rms 2000peak

Sundown1200.jpg

Rockford Fosgate 500x rated at 75rms x 4 @ 4ohm or 150rms x 4 @ 2ohm (on the following equipment)

RockfordFosgate500x.jpg

one Set of Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweeters

RockfordTweets.jpg

Two sets of Rockford Fosgate T1 6x8 in the doors

Rockford6x8.jpg

The Head Unit

Alpine CDA-9856

AlpineCDA-9856.jpg

Here is my Stock Alternator

Alternator1.jpg

StockAlt1.jpg

Here is my Stock Battery

StockBattery.jpg

The Big 3

Big32.jpg

Big31.jpg

THE BOX

dougbox48-2-09006-1.jpg

dougbox48-2-09019.jpg

dougbox48-2-09020.jpg

dougbox48-2-09028-1.jpg

dougbox48-2-09029-1.jpg

dougbox48-2-09030.jpg

The Cover and Box you see here will be wrapped in leather this summer to match the interior

BoxCover.jpg

The Amps Installed

Amps1.jpg

You will have to excuse the wiring here as I just put this on in and I am trying to determine a final place for it. Part of the wire is the battery charger that I keep in my vehicle I will update with cleaner pictures later.

Amp2.jpg

Here are some video clips that I have taken of my vehicle. These videos were taken when I was only powering the subs with only the Fosgate T10001bd. Since then I have put the Sundown SAE1200d in and have yet to be metered with the new setup.

Why are you using two 12's and two 15's?!

Next time you should make a thread before you get this far. You don't have enough port area, you shouldn't mix sub sizes, particle board is NOT acceptable for building a box, and all those speakers for your "fronts" isn't helping.

x2

i'm wondering the same..

I have no excuse for it but ... I have been to a couple events and it sounds just as good as the others competing .. I know people dont like to see it but it is what it is :)

If I ever come across another set of the RFR2215 15's then I will rebuild a box for 4 15's

Next time you should make a thread before you get this far. You don't have enough port area, you shouldn't mix sub sizes, particle board is NOT acceptable for building a box, and all those speakers for your "fronts" isn't helping.

I have had this system in since last summer, just now getting my build log up. System was done before I started surfing forums.

Some things I am going to try and get done this year are

Pull box out and Wrap it in leather / Vinyl to match the interior.

I am wanting to build some custom A pillars and redo the doors

Definitely need to get some sound deadening done too.

remount the amps and clean up the wiring.

Upgrade to a High Output Alternator

Edited by Hotdog69

Sounds like a good plan ;)

would true aeros be considered in the future?

i had a post similar to the one with the wire speghetti a long time ago,

the fellars use to tease me if i cleaned it up i would gain at least a full db. , lol

sooooo, you ran it for a year, went to comps in it, joining up here to share and establish future goals, you go boy!

you already know that it is not parrell to the norm, but you are still enjoying it and still learning,

that makes the most fun of this hobby.

good luck with the future goals.

chop

would true aeros be considered in the future?

you already know that it is not parrell to the norm, but you are still enjoying it and still learning,

that makes the most fun of this hobby.

good luck with the future goals.

chop

I would like to try Aero ports... is it possible to have rectangle shaped aero ports? Just the way my box is designed it would work out better.

after all I am not parallel to the norm right :)

A long time ago back in the late 80's all we ever used was 4" PVC for ports.. box design has come a long way since then. When I designed this box I did it with a piece of paper and a pencil and a calculator. The Ports I went to the 12 v d o t c o m and had it figure the tuning based on the port size I was using. It did turn out good and sounds great. I did a 145.7 on the TL with this setup on T10001bd. Now with the addition of the Sundown amp I am hoping to be closer to the 150 mark.

Here are a few updated I have done...

Purchased this Murdered out Rockford Fosgate T40001bd

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

realbirthsheet2.jpg

Then Purchased this Iraggi 260 amp alternator

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0241-1.jpg

Edited by Hotdog69

Rebuild update...

Ill let the pictures speak for them selves. I cliped a lot of these pics from video we took so the pictures are not the greatest. I might upload the video but it is 19 minutes long. I will say since the Fatmat install there was a dramatic increase in cabin pressure.

Rebuild1.jpg

Rebuild2.jpg

Rebuild3.jpg

Rebuild4.jpg

Rebuild5.jpg

Rebuild6.jpg

Rebuild7.jpg

Rebuild8.jpg

Rebuild9.jpg

Rebuild10.jpg

Picked up a nice little gem today... An all copper chassis Rockford Fosgate RFX9400 Head unit band new in the box with all accessories.

RFX9400.jpg

Specs

* MP3 Playback via CD-R With File Names & Folder Management

Audio Video Switcher

Auxillary Inputs

* Front/Rear/Sub Preouts With 80hz Low Pass Filter

* 5 Volt Low Impedance Preouts

* Copper Chassis!

* RDS (RADIO DATA SYSTEM) Tuner

* motorized, detachable fold-down face

* multi-color display

* will play audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs, including those encoded with MP3 files

* disc naming; scrolls 16-character ID3 tags

* 20 FM/10 AM presets with seek and scan tuning

* selectable US/European tuning

* CD/radio station titling (up to a total of 100 discs/stations)

* source tone memory

* wireless remote

* CD changer controls

* clock

* 25 watts RMS/40 watts peak x 4 channels

* CD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz

* CD signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB

* FM sensitivity 10 dBf

* 1-year warranty

MP3 Playback: This unit will play MP3 files that have been recorded onto CD-R or CD-RW discs using the ISO 9660 format. The RFX9300 is compatible with bit rates from 32kbps to 320kbps. The following functions are available during MP3 playback:

* Folder Skip: forward and reverse

* File Skip: forward and reverse

* Audible File Search: forward and reverse

* Random Play: allows you to play the files on the disc in random order

* Repeat Play: allows you to repeat the current file

* Pause: allows you to pause playback

Copper Plated Chassis: The chassis is plated in copper to help shield the unit from noise.

Motorized Faceplate: The faceplate on this unit shifts downward and outward to insert/eject CDs.

Contrast Adjustment: The display contrast may be adjusted from -5 to +40 for optimum readability.

Display Dimming: When the dimmer wire of this unit is connected to the headlamp circuit of your vehicle, and you turn your lights on, the display will dim to a preset level. The display brightness is not affected by the vehicle's dimmer control.

Mounting Angles: This unit may be installed at any angle between 20-degrees above horizontal and 20-degrees below horizontal.

Digital to Analog Conversion: This unit is equipped with dual 1-bit digital to analog converters.

Source Tone Memory: Individual bass and treble settings are memorized for the tuner and built-in CD player. Bass and treble settings are also memorized for a CD changer, when an optional CD changer is connected. The same setting is held in memory for all tuner bands (the bass and treble settings in memory for the FM bands is also the setting in memory for the AM bands).

Punch Loudness Boost: This function boosts the bass and treble response at all volume levels.

Station/Disc Title Memory: Titles, up to 10 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for up to 100 (total) AM/FM stations or CDs. Titles cannot be entered into memory for CDs in an optional CD changer. Title memory is only for CDs played in the built-in CD player and radio stations.

Switchable Tuning Spacing: The AM and FM tuning spacing may be set for US standard spacing (0.2MHz for FM and 10kHz for AM) or European tuning spacing (0.05MHz for FM and 9kHz for AM). In US standard spacing, the FM tuning range is 87.5 to 107.9MHz, and the AM tuning range is 530 to 1710kHz. In European spacing, the FM tuning range is 87.5 to 108MHz, and the AM tuning range is 522 to 1620kHz.

CD Pause: CD playback may be paused without shutting off the unit.

Summed Preamp Outputs: In addition to the front and rear preamp outputs, this unit has a set of summed preamp outputs. The summed outputs provide a summed left-plus-right mono output through two female RCA connections. The summed output is meant for connecting a subwoofer amplifier. For convenient level matching with the rest of the system, the summed output level may be independently set from 0 to 30. In addition, the outputs have a selectable low-pass filter, allowing you to choose 80Hz or full-range operation.

Auxiliary Inputs: Two sets of female RCA jacks are provided to allow the connection of portable audio sources. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. Each Aux input level is adjustable and can be set to -6, 0, or +6. The jacks are located on the 10" long preamp input and output wiring harness, which connects to the back of the unit.

Setup Options:

* DX/Local: allows you to choose DX or Local. The DX setting adjusts the sensitivity of the tuner for rural conditions where there are weak radio stations. The Local setting adjusts the sensitivity for city conditions where there are several strong radio stations.

* Americas/(Eur/Aust): allows you to select US standard or European tuning spacing

* P. Play/EJ Mute: allows you to choose P. Play or EJ Mute. The P. Play setting automatically plays the tuner after you eject a CD. The EJ Mute setting automatically mutes the tuner after you eject a CD.

* (V/Bar On)/(V/Bar Off): allows you to turn the volume bar On or Off

* INI Volume: allows you adjust the initial turn-on volume from 0 to 30

* Contrast: allows you to adjust the display contrast from -5 to +40

* Flat/80Hz: allows you to choose 80Hz or full-range operation for the summed preamp outputs

* Panel Auto/Panel Manu: allows you to choose Panel Auto or Panel Manu. The Panel Auto setting automatically opens and closes the motorized face when you load or eject a CD. The Panel Manu setting allows the motorized face to remain open and CDs to be manually loaded or ejected.

* Aux 1 In: allows you to set the Aux input level to -6, 0, or +6

* Aux 2 In: allows you to set the Aux input level to -6, 0, or +6

Changer Controls

Compatibility: This unit will control Rockford Fosgate's RFX8810 8-disc CD changer. This unit is not compatible with Rockford Fosgate's RFX8601 6-disc CD changer.

Functions:

* Disc Selection: using the remote control or the D-ACC button on the front panel of the unit, you can directly access the CDs in the changer. In addition, you can skip up and down through the CDs.

* Track Selection: using the remote control or the T-ACC button on the front panel of the unit, you can directly access tracks. In addition, you can skip up and down through the tracks.

* Track Forward/Reverse: audible forward/reverse search playback

* Random Play: allows you to choose Track Random or Disc Random. When Track Random is selected, the unit plays the tracks on the selected disc in random order. When Disc Random is selected, the unit plays the tracks on all loaded discs in random order.

* Track Repeat: plays the current track repeatedly

* Track Scan: plays the first 10 seconds of each track on the selected disc

* Pause: allows you to pause CD playback

Edited by Hotdog69

And here is my Latest Video with TL numbers.. just remember I am running my T40001bd at 2ohm'b because i have 4 dual 4ohm subs.. dont want to drop it below 1.

Clamped at 2700rms @ 2ohm 148.1db

Have not been on in a while so an update was due :)

Edited by Hotdog69

Liking the improvements.....now get some same sized subs! lol

Still looking for a matching pair of RFR2215 Old School Rockford Fosgate Power DVC 15's

I look every day and cant find any.. might have to give up and switch to something else.. .

Are those toilet flanges for ports? What size diameter?

Progress is looking good! Keep up the good work! :drink40:

are the 12's the same woofers as the 15's? just get the 12's rebasketed/reconed if they are.

Are those toilet flanges for ports? What size diameter?

Progress is looking good! Keep up the good work! :drink40:

Yes they are toilet flanges 4" ID

are the 12's the same woofers as the 15's? just get the 12's rebasketed/reconed if they are.

I thought about doing this :)

Then also though about Selling all 4 and just doing 4 15's dual 2's. Dont think I would go with rockford's newer stuff will have to do some research.. Im pretty much done for this season as far as upgrades. Definitely new subs by next year.