porkchop

rattlebox317's wmd2 12" box design

You get what you pay for....

from what i have been reading, u get more than what you pay for for the ap...not quite what u get with a sundown, but quite a bit for 300 bucks.

i am finding that out as i read. the valid test still did a hair over rated power at 4 ohms.

I doubt the other test was valid either. Perhaps.

What distortion level was it done at and how was the distortion measured?

Why wmd?

Because QueenMOAB said so.:ehh::peepwall:

If you mean Lord Queen that is a TERRIBLE reason to choose anything. He knows absolutely nothing about how to make anything sound loud or good.

it doesnt say, but the initial guy got bashed for not doing it right and then some other guy jumped in and showed him the way people like jacob and dj from team nemesis do it, and that way shows 1839rms at 3.7 ohms

Clamp tests are pretty much worthless.

PAP....LOL

Good looking plans for the enclosure. Whos going to be building it Chop?

The driver looks good too. I havent had any experience with them but it looks solid. Rubber or foam surround?

Noob question of the day: What does wmd stand for?

Noob question of the day: What does wmd stand for?

Woofer of Mass Destruction.

Why wmd?

Because QueenMOAB said so.:ehh::peepwall:

uh, if some folks would remove thier mouth from his nuts long enough to let some oxygen get back to thier own brain, perhaps they could at the very least, think of something else to do with thier time.

other than sucking on one man's ball sack for a entire companies reputation.

i have seen / heard quite a few systems that are....

* loud

* sound good

* cost effective

before i ever heard of the brands hosted here.

there is high end which is here indeed,

and there is low end, if some one has something that is not in your trunk or taste, then it is automatically shit...that is a small minded approach to life.

we chose the brand for several simple minded reasons, at the top of the list though, would have to be to shit in peoples mouth that are indeed small minded.

we are inner city, cost means alot to us, the equipment we have meets our expectations.

sorry for a shitty attitude that lacks respect, but it is fucking silly to see folks who can only compare a product ewith one person.

with out any individuals name comin up..... tell me in a intelligent manner what makes this brand so below any other brand.....

use facts with good sound reason, i respect these things and will listen and study them as well....

to just run the mouth for no sound reason other than to degrade, not a respectful attribute at all.

price, asthetics, prooven performance, and the maturity that revolves around the folks behind the product.....

out of these, price is a high one and we have used the subs before, they done well for us.

okay with that said.... wmd stands for Woofers of Mass Destruction....

the 2, is the second series.

the surround is 2 layer foam. i will be building the box next week.

i am a noob when it comes to building, testing amps....

however, i have had this thing that has worked for me for a while....

i hook up the equipment and form my own opion on how it performs....

has worked really well for me for a long while....

the guys who have been testing the amps seem quite pleased with them....

when i seen them in person, i was as well.

all of the test can be ran all day..... test away, by all means please do...... in the mean time, i will cruise around and just enjoy the systems i have......

to me, as well as steve, cost means alot..... the Dakota was done for under 400 bucks at the end of the day....the entire build....

i know guys that have that in wiring alone....

i have been unemployed for 5 months, starting my seconde build, and taking our fifth family vacation, i use my money wisely, so i can enjoy many hings, not just one..

hope that answers why we chose pierce and thier subs.....

now type something really dumb back quickly,

so that i can give a shit less, some more....

chop

nice post chop. there is some folks on here that think they are to good

Once again my humor goes over peoples heads. QueenMoab was a product pusher of pap from way back and has nothing to do with anyone on this site. I dont mean fan boy, most undoubtedly an employee of pap. The way the product pushing was done made it even worse, any thread dealing with subs had her in it saying they were the best and everything else was crap. One thing I can't stand is a company pushing product on me, sure fire way to get me to not buy your product. The company could have the greatest product in the industry, I still wouldnt buy it though. Among the other claims, from what I consider reputable sources, of them stealing designs and not designing their own products.

Perfectly said Chop.

Sweet tea might not be for everybody. Some like it strong and bitter, others might like it light and sweet. Its ok to have a different opinion. Im not going to switch teas cause someone says mine sucks or is inferior to another tea. If Ive been drinking sweet tea for 5 years, I think I know what I like.

I think we should focus on what can be done to maximize the project, instead of beating a :deadhorse:. Weve been here before guys.

Perfectly said Chop.

Sweet tea might not be for everybody. Some like it strong and bitter, others might like it light and sweet. Its ok to have a different opinion. Im not going to switch teas cause someone says mine sucks or is inferior to another tea. If Ive been drinking sweet tea for 5 years, I think I know what I like.

I think we should focus on what can be done to maximize the project, instead of beating a :deadhorse:. Weve been here before guys.

and with that said, i now confess my love for you publicly.......... you rock Mr.Rank!

bromo.... it is just a sore spot with me, the stolen design issue suck to hear... it really does... i know of alot of equipment that seems to reflect other designs.... still is bought all day long.

no reason to beat the dead horse though, so moving on, ...........................

DAM. thanks bro!

I have only drank un-sweet tea for several years, until tonight ironiclly enough.... the waitress at red lobster goofed on my drink, lol

we will start the box build tomorrow.

chop

Perfectly said Chop.

and with that said, i now confess my love for you publicly.......... you rock Mr.Rank!

bromo.... it is just a sore spot with me, the stolen design issue suck to hear... it really does... i know of alot of equipment that seems to reflect other designs.... still is bought all day long.

no reason to beat the dead horse though, so moving on, ...........................

DAM. thanks bro!

I have only drank un-sweet tea for several years, until tonight ironiclly enough.... the waitress at red lobster goofed on my drink, lol

we will start the box build tomorrow.

chop

Ohh, Chop I had no idea...:blush:lol! Thanks dude!

Sweet tea is pretty good...but it also depends on the blend of spices in your tea too. Not to go too far off topic but Ive gotten some tea to taste sweet without a lick of sugar. I dont know where this is :mario:.

I LOVE individuality........ **** all the haters.trink40.gif

Can't wait to see some pictures. Let's get this build started......

i would think that wednesday would be the start..............

me and steve is always helping each other with different crap, currently we gotta get the dakota running to go pick up the materials.

so monday and tuesday will be hitting junk yards and fixing crap, i think he just picked up his new battery tonight.

i would guess we will clean out his trunk and demo out from the b pillar back on the dakota.

start the box in the alero, along with some deadening on the trunk.

i will add some more deadening to the dakota as well.

oh, and he will be finishing his big three as well.

i will probably drag ass untill after the week end, before i post any build threads.....

carl casper will take up friday through monday for me.

so next week, the alero will be further along, and then i willl start a new build log on walling the dakota.

chop

Good luck :fing34:.

Always gotta do something before you can do everthing else? I LOVE the savage yard, Wish i was comin' with.

and then i willl start a new build log on walling the dakota.

chop

This, Im wanting to see. Hell, Id help too if I wasnt so far away!

Now I dont know a lot but Id say youre looking to get that Dakota REAL LOUD! Im guessing it will have its own thread, no?

Im tuned in dudes...:popcorn:

Right on Chop! I'll be watching to see how this goes :popcorn:

I think you hurt some bodies feelings. ???? Any who.... Not related to pretty bois box at all I want to let every body know that i am making an IAK myspace right about now.....and If you have a myspace we would like to have you add us. It is under my email @ samantha.hinkle@ymail.com. Also. I know this isnt in the right {TOPIC} but i dont too much care lol. I know all of IAK is reading this post :}

I think you hurt some bodies feelings. ???? Any who.... Not related to pretty bois box at all I want to let every body know that i am making an IAK myspace right about now.....and If you have a myspace we would like to have you add us. It is under my email @ samantha.hinkle@ymail.com. Also. I know this isnt in the right {TOPIC} but i dont too much care lol. I know all of IAK is reading this post :}

where do you get such a cocky attitude from?

lol

off topic would be the best place, but it is all good.....you need to add bigrank916 to the list, i have to add him to my sig still.

I have no clue where I get that from. l0l. I will and how they going to tell me when to talk lol