dub26z

saz1000 vs t1001 fosgate

i had the fosgate t1001 amp old model not new,i was wondering how the saz1000 is comapible to that amp?the saz1000 is 279 dollars and i payed a shit load for my amp a few years ago from audio express 899 dollars to be exact lol a dam dollar a watt,thats why its hard to believe they do same power.... :trippy:

i had the fosgate t1001 amp old model not new,i was wondering how the saz1000 is comapible to that amp?the saz1000 is 279 dollars and i payed a shit load for my amp a few years ago from audio express 899 dollars to be exact lol a dam dollar a watt,thats why its hard to believe they do same power.... :trippy:

Im guessing you meant comparable. In fact it is.

When you buy from a car audio shop, they will gouge you pretty good. Sounds like you just payed way too much but that doesnt matter anymore. The SAZ should be on sale too, I think.

Price vs Peformance Sundown with the win! As for quality they are both great amps, both will do rated and then some. As far as what you paid for the RF....Call it lesson learned. It pays to look around and compare.

Yeah, both solid amps. You'll just pay for the name and brick and mortar dealer network that one has.

That is why I shop online for car audio since the shops charge you an arm and a leg.

With companies like RF you are paying for a custom engineered product from a corporation with employees and facilities to maintain, from engineers to customer service, and the need for internal R&D expenses (etc) primarily sold through a dealer network that also has employees and facilities to maintain and a product sold only to one market; the consumer (ignoring the OEM side of some companies like RF).

With internet amplifier companies like Sundown you are receiving a product that was selected from a buildhouse, some part changes made and a different label stuck on the heatsink. The buildhouse sells units business to business, anywhere from a couple to dozens of companies and the internet company reselling the product doesn't have nearly the overhead as it's usually the owner and maybe one or two employees who likely have no benefits that need paid for (etc).

That's not an overly detailed description, but it's easy to see why internet companies can sell an amplifier for a third of the price of an amplifier with comparable power in a retail store, and why the amplifiers in the retail store aren't "a ripoff"...they're selling for what they need to make a profit and stay in business.

With companies like RF you are paying for a custom engineered product from a corporation with employees and facilities to maintain, from engineers to customer service, and the need for internal R&D expenses (etc) primarily sold through a dealer network that also has employees and facilities to maintain and a product sold only to one market; the consumer (ignoring the OEM side of some companies like RF).

With internet amplifier companies like Sundown you are receiving a product that was selected from a buildhouse, some part changes made and a different label stuck on the heatsink. The buildhouse sells units business to business, anywhere from a couple to dozens of companies and the internet company reselling the product doesn't have nearly the overhead as it's usually the owner and maybe one or two employees who likely have no benefits that need paid for (etc).

That's not an overly detailed description, but it's easy to see why internet companies can sell an amplifier for a third of the price of an amplifier with comparable power in a retail store, and why the amplifiers in the retail store aren't "a ripoff"...they're selling for what they need to make a profit and stay in business.

So you're saying a company like Sundown don't actually design their own amplifiers.

No, they don't.

Hmm, I didn't know that. Good info to have.

No, they don't.

You have to keep in mind that there are good and bad build houses, the more the amplifiers cost to build obviously the better the amps will be.

Amps that are cheap to manufacture are cheap to buy as a customer and of lesser quality.

No, they don't.

You have to keep in mind that there are good and bad build houses, the more the amplifiers cost to build obviously the better the amps will be.

Amps that are cheap to manufacture are cheap to buy as a customer and of lesser quality.

wow i didnt know that i thought sundown desighned them...im sure alot of peeps didnt know that..

No, they don't.

Actually not really good info to have unless clarified. You'd be shocked at how many amplifiers on the market are bulit that way, hell you'd be shocked alone at what percentage of the car audio amplifiers out there were designed by about 5 different people. Most internet companies just cheapen these designs up by utilizing sub par part parts to come in at a price point to sell. Those amps regularly have some forum boner noob following when they come out, but after a while people realize what is actually going on. The Sundowns are not designed per se by Jacob, but they are built to his specifications. I'd MUCH rather have the same design built with good parts versus something built with inferior parts. The quality of the build also is a HUGE influence on the end quality of the amplifier. In the case of Sundown again he picked a good build house to do business with.

No, they don't.

wow i didnt know that i thought sundown desighned them...im sure alot of peeps didnt know that..

Nevermind. Sean said it better than me.

example, the aq 2200, hifonics 2600, and cadence ia9 are all the same board designs, the cadence and aq are the only ones i would touch hifonics = sub par parts and less of them

No, they don't.

Actually not really good info to have unless clarified. You'd be shocked at how many amplifiers on the market are bulit that way, hell you'd be shocked alone at what percentage of the car audio amplifiers out there were designed by about 5 different people. Most internet companies just cheapen these designs up by utilizing sub par part parts to come in at a price point to sell. Those amps regularly have some forum boner noob following when they come out, but after a while people realize what is actually going on. The Sundowns are not designed per se by Jacob, but they are built to his specifications. I'd MUCH rather have the same design built with good parts versus something built with inferior parts. The quality of the build also is a HUGE influence on the end quality of the amplifier. In the case of Sundown again he picked a good build house to do business with.

That's even better. Thanks.