Sign in to follow this  
Tosh Henderson

400 watts to use on ssa goodness

Doing a install and have 400 watts to give substage and want to use one of the ssa woofers. Going to be in back of suv,ported box,listento mostly rap . What would be a good match? 1 dcon or 2dcons. Or a single icon

No need to run an icon with that little power, one dcon will still be barely stretching it's legs on 400 watts.

Do you ever plan on upgrading to more power later? If so i would say go with the ICON, but if not stay DCON it will be good on 400. I run a 10" ICON on a 125.2 Sundown (roughly) 3-400 watts and it still hits really well. Would like to get about 1KW on her though!!

Doing a install and have 400 watts to give substage and want to use one of the ssa woofers. Going to be in back of suv,ported box,listento mostly rap . What would be a good match? 1 dcon or 2dcons. Or a single icon

any of the above will work great. I would go with 2 DCONs if you can afford it. Cone advantage is priceless :)

any of the above will work great. I would go with 2 DCONs if you can afford it. Cone advantage is priceless :)

Ok thanks. Going to do 2 12" dcons ported at around 33hz. Will do a build post when I get it started.

i've never heard a comparison of, for example, 1 12" on 500 watts compared to 2 of the same 12" on the same 500 watts. does it really make that big of a difference? i thought it wasn't much :trippy:

i've never heard a comparison of, for example, 1 12" on 500 watts compared to 2 of the same 12" on the same 500 watts. does it really make that big of a difference? i thought it wasn't much :trippy:

x2 on cone advantage

Close to 3db more, with better SQ to boot.

any of the above will work great. I would go with 2 DCONs if you can afford it. Cone advantage is priceless smile.gif

i've never heard a comparison of, for example, 1 12" on 500 watts compared to 2 of the same 12" on the same 500 watts. does it really make that big of a difference? i thought it wasn't much trippy.gif

Close to 3db more, with better SQ to boot.

So much difference ?!! Wowpeepwall.gif

Well you'd have to expect something to happen when you double the cone area.

i knew it would be SOMETHING just not that big of a something ;)

i knew it would be SOMETHING just not that big of a something ;)

It also depends on the subs being used and setups because not always will 2-12"s be louder than 1-15" but most of the time yeah it should with the same amount of power being used in both setups.

thats pretty sweet. ive heard the same about doubling the power, does that have about the same rule?

OP sorry to thread jack, ill leave it alone here and figure it out somewhere else :drink40:

Edited by watts09

More cone area = more air moved

Excursion goes down + efficiency goes up = SPL goes up

If you have the money for 2 drivers and want to use the space for 2, the answer is clear :)

No need to run an icon with that little power, one dcon will still be barely stretching it's legs on 400 watts.

Actually, I couldn't have been happier with my Icon on 300.

Actually, I couldn't have been happier with my Icon on 300.

:drink40:

2 DCONS would be very impressive. I have a DCON D4 10" in my wifes car and it is more than enough for her and very impressive on the SAZ-1000D wired at 2 ohms.

Either choice is going to be great! SSA FTW!

2 DCONS would be very impressive. I have a DCON D4 10" in my wifes car and it is more than enough for her and very impressive on the SAZ-1000D wired at 2 ohms.

Either choice is going to be great! SSA FTW!

:drink40:

DCONs are a nice set of subs. remember when they where in marks truck sounds awesome.