Spencerk

Sundown EXACT same as IA and RD amps??

I was pokein around the net and I read that sundown, IA, RD and Stetsom all use the EXACT same boards built by a build house out of china named ZENON. This company is supposed to make High end boards for these companies. So my question is...I have a few grand cash for my next amp why should I go with sundown when RD and IA are less if they are the same?

im pretty sure that sundown amps and subs are made in north carolina. not positive but pretty sure. that being said, you will still get great customer service from sundown, probably better than anybody else.

if this is true... i would say CS. you can talk directly to jacob on here, email, or call him if you want... i would pay more for that (as i have with both my sundown amps) look at sundown's following on here. that should be proof enough. sundown for life :woot:

ahh, brandon beat me to it :ohsnap:

^ what he said. when i get my sundown amp, i wont go back.

ahh, brandon beat me to it :ohsnap:

:woot: lol

Edited by Brandon Daily

another thing.. always take what you read online with a grain of salt. if you really want to know whats fact. ask jacob himself, but im sure many more people than just him on here know where and who makes the boards and all

im pretty sure that sundown amps and subs are made in north carolina. not positive but pretty sure. that being said, you will still get great customer service from sundown, probably better than anybody else.

No there not, amps made overseas.

No there not, amps made overseas.

o...i stand corrected lol.

1)Zenon amps are korean, not chinese. Korean>China

2) RD has changed thier buildhouse to a chinese one for alot of their amps, the only ones that are zenon are the d5,d9 IIRC

3) AQ has the moved to china as well( from rumors that I have heard).

4) No way in hell would I deal with RD audio for anything, ever. Have dealt with Jacob on quite a few amps already, even some warranty work and he is amazing. NOBODY would do the warranty/customer service he does, Period.

5) AQ has the power cheaper, and is a decent guy to work with( from what I have heard)

6) Heard good things about IA as well.

7) Go Sundown, you will not be dissapointed.

DONT BUY RD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: spelling

PS: DONT BUY RD !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by cx-7heaven

Jacob's build house is Zenon, and his amplifiers are built to his specifications. They are built in Korea, shipped and tested by Jacob himself before he sends them to you.

Sean says it very well:

...You'd be shocked at how many amplifiers on the market are bulit that way, hell you'd be shocked alone at what percentage of the car audio amplifiers out there were designed by about 5 different people. Most internet companies just cheapen these designs up by utilizing sub par part parts to come in at a price point to sell. Those amps regularly have some forum boner noob following when they come out, but after a while people realize what is actually going on. The Sundowns are not designed per se by Jacob, but they are built to his specifications. I'd MUCH rather have the same design built with good parts versus something built with inferior parts. The quality of the build also is a HUGE influence on the end quality of the amplifier. In the case of Sundown again he picked a good build house to do business with.

I've always been interested in how one (such as Sundown, IA, etc) gets ahold of a build house and gets amps built...

Not like I'm gonna try it, but the whole subject is pretty interesting to me... Subs too...

one way or another...sundown ftw!

where r the subs made?

DONT BUY RD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: spelling

PS: DONT BUY RD !!!!!!!!!!

x2

what everyone else said SUNDOWN audio ftw lol!

nice owner, who will actualy make comments on posts and answers sundown questions!!! plus he has a huge fan fair of ppl to help you out if something happens and or if you need help with a build!

plus i have heard someone had and issue with an amp that sundown no longer carries so Jacob jsut gave him an upgrade from like a sae1000 to saz1500 lol!! or something crazy aweosme where the buyer made out for once!! ya the BUYER made out good! how many companys will hook someone up like that!!

subs built in house?

so do the companies chose the grade of whatever parts on the amps, like specialty ordered in bulk, but with the same general layout of the parts?

holy fast response....OK well why no on the RD?? dare I ask?? well I know about sundown have heard nothing but good, its just the other brands arnt talked about much around these parts.

subs built in house?

so do the companies chose the grade of whatever parts on the amps, like specialty ordered in bulk, but with the same general layout of the parts?

From what I understand, Jacob chooses the cosmetics of the amp( from a range of choices), he also chooses the parts quality, and that is where the money is. From what I have heard, only sundown and IA choose the highest quality parts in the Zenon amps. Just because the board may look the same from a gutshot on the net, does not mean they are the same.

BTW, in case it wasnt clear earlier............

DONT BUY RD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always been interested in how one (such as Sundown, IA, etc) gets ahold of a build house and gets amps built...

Not like I'm gonna try it, but the whole subject is pretty interesting to me... Subs too...

X2

holy fast response....OK well why no on the RD?? dare I ask?? well I know about sundown have heard nothing but good, its just the other brands arnt talked about much around these parts.

The owner of RD is a complete fucktard. No other way to say it, sorry to cuss, but he deserves that. Scamming, lying, cheating etc etc etc. There are many threads about rd audio esp on ca.com, just look in the thunderdome, there is even a sticky one lol

subs built in house?

From what I understand, Jacob chooses the cosmetics of the amp( from a range of choices), he also chooses the parts quality, and that is where the money is. From what I have heard, only sundown and IA choose the highest quality parts in the Zenon amps. Just because the board may look the same from a gutshot on the net, does not mean they are the same.

thanks for clearing that up! and ill stick with sundown, like i said-for life :drink40:

All those amps use different components..

was i right in saying their subs are built in house? any info on those?

now that i think of it, i remember something about a prototype being shipped to jacob, so they aren't built it house...?

Edited by watts09

subs built in house?

thanks for clearing that up! and ill stick with sundown, like i said-for life :drink40:

Me as well. So much so in fact, that I am planning a Big build based on sundown amps and the new nightshades. Falling in to some settlement money ;) Keep your eyes peeled in a few months

was i right in saying their subs are built in house? any info on those?

From what I understand, yes he builds them to order.

Rob clay: That is what I have been saying. Thanks for clearing that up :rolleyes: