billystorms24

ssd 10s handling 3k

Phi from this forum said that 2 ssd 10s with aluminum coils and bp option. Will be able to handle 3 k rms is that true please let me know thanks

yea for burps.

when we use them for daily, i recommend 0.6-1.0 cuft per sub MAX and u still might have to raise the subsonic above tuning depending on how its tuned

yea for burps.

when we use them for daily, i recommend 0.6-1.0 cuft per sub MAX and u still might have to raise the subsonic above tuning depending on how its tuned

yea i dont want to burp i want it as a daily driver. would 2 atomic apocalypse 10s handle that power daily?

Just turn the gain down, you won't notice or hear the difference anyways.

2 bl 10"s will handle it....

If you have to ask...

he means if u have to ask, it's best not to try it.

Goals are backwards anyways. Don't buy 3k to puff your attitude, buy 3k because you need it...otherwise it is a waste of money.

As for the if you have to ask comment, I'd take it one step further. By the tone of your thread it is obvious you don't have a lot of experience with this. Running 3kW even to a sub that "can take it" will probably result in a dead sub in your case. Something smaller would benefit you first. Otherwise you'll just be spending more in the long run anyways.

As always, start with your goals, desires, and budget and ask what to do. You'll get WAY better help for your specific situation.

Do you own the SSD's? If not why not look at either the BL's or BTL's?

Do you own the SSD's? If not why not look at either the BL's or BTL's?

i have been in it for 3 years now i have had a type r 12 type r 15 a 15 in bl a 15 cascade design and now i have a 18 omega so i did start off small 500 watts to 1k to 2k to 3k. i just want to down grade i want the power still but in a smaller package because i want to use my trunk again hahaha

Look into the BL from Fi or the 4XL or Lvl5 from DC.

Check out Thorshammer on here and check out his vids under the DC forum.

Phi from this forum said that 2 ssd 10s with aluminum coils and bp option. Will be able to handle 3 k rms is that true please let me know thanks

Actually the 10s have copper coils but I have used 12s with aluminum coils. If you know what you're doing then they will take 3k daily. A lot of the handling with be in the box. The SSDs have 3" voice coils so thermally they will take it. Subsonic filter and box tuning will help with mechanical limits. All the other choices are great too especially if you don't know what you're doing to run the SSDs on 1.5k watts each. But I never asked what amp you got or if you even have the amp yet.

Actually the 10s have copper coils but I have used 12s with aluminum coils. If you know what you're doing then they will take 3k daily. A lot of the handling with be in the box. The SSDs have 3" voice coils so thermally they will take it. Subsonic filter and box tuning will help with mechanical limits. All the other choices are great too especially if you don't know what you're doing to run the SSDs on 1.5k watts each. But I never asked what amp you got or if you even have the amp yet.

im using the same amp i have been my sundown saz3000d and i have 140 amp alt kinetik hc2400 and a 800 all 1/0

Having a 3" coil doesn't mean it will handle the power. Look at the former, motor cooling, and basket cooling. The SSD is not rated for it so don't do it.

Just because you can doesn't mean you have to.

or should...

As stated earlier. You don't NEED to run that amp full tilt @ 3000w. Set your gains for 2k.

or should...

To me, if you can then you can. Its all up to him.

Op, that may be a better choice for you anyways.

As stated earlier. You don't NEED to run that amp full tilt @ 3000w. Set your gains for 2k.

That plus the SSD's is a better option then going Atomic.

I'm gonna do 2 atomic apocalypse 10s that should be better

Why Atomic?

Plenty of other great choices on this forum where you will get all the support needed. Not to sure you can get that through Atomic. shrug.gif

I'm gonna do 2 atomic apocalypse 10s that should be better

Why Atomic?

Plenty of other great choices on this forum where you will get all the support needed. Not to sure you can get that through Atomic. shrug.gif

You can't get anything through Atomic :P

this is the reason why i want to trade my cascade designs omega 18 for a pair of 10s or 12 that will handle the power i dont have money to spend or i would get what i want