elastic

2 18 fi q vs ?

i just have one 1 18 btl and im hugely satisfied with it. it plays the lows so hard compared to the 2 12 l7s i had before. i think the btl isnt louder in the higher freq but the lows oh my god thats awesome!

now i have the chance to sell my btl and im thinking of getting 2 18 Qs in a sealed 9 cft. box because im very impressed by the sq of the btl (although the box i have is crap, less than 5 cft after displacement).

is there a comparable sub to the Q? like alpines type x?

amp is a bxi 2610. the Qs would run at 1 ohm (2,6 kw rms).

I have a feeling that a new and better ported box for your BTL will be louder than two Qs sealed, but the Qs would sound better.

So what is your goal here? If you're going for loud just build a bigger box for the BTL as one 18 ported should be louder than two 18s sealed.

Why not try your BTL in 9cf if you have that space?

Your box is too small.

What higher frequencies do you mean? What is your sub crossed over at?

Better off staying with the BTL. The Q is a sound quality driver and I think you would be disappointed.

Look at building a new ported enclosure to Fi specs. The BTL is designed to be an SPL driver.

ok thanks.

will my 18 btl in a 9cft enclosure outdo two 15 l7 in that same enclosure?

can i run both 2610 to one 18 btl for daily? (5,2k rms; but considering voltage drop, just around 4k rms)

edit: my goal is to be very loud but to have some decent sq aswell.

Edited by elastic

probably best to stick to the rms, u wont gain much audible sound if any at all. stick with 1. u will be happy, get that btl in a bigger box bro for sure.

The Q's are not designed for what you want them to do. Will they work? Yes. Will you blow them? Probably.

now the next question is either to run 2 15 l7 or 18 btl.

i have two bxi 2610 and could strap them together for 4k+ rms @ 1ohm. on youtube there a alot of guys who put way more than 2000 clean watt on one btl.

Edited by elastic

if ur are going to be putting a clean signal to them then put the btl in a box that is closer to the minimum size than the maximum size...that wattage isnt necessary, but if u must then go for it. u risk blowing that sub sky high tho. i promise u that off of 1 amp and a strong electrical system, and a correct sized box, that btl will get loud as shit. the l5's have more cone area but u probably wont hear any difference being that the btl was made to get LOUD! i would stick with the btl especially since u already have it. build a new box, and then decide if u want something else.

in how far does the loudness change by adding a second btl with one more 2610.

2 BTLs on near 5k would be verrrrry nice.

in how far does the loudness change by adding a second btl with one more 2610.

In theory it would increase by six decibels, theory differs from reality in most cases.

so in theory with 2 18 btl i should hit over 150 db.

what is your experience with only ONE 18 btl?

so in theory with 2 18 btl i should hit over 150 db.

what is your experience with only ONE 18 btl?

Yes and no, it will all come down to the install. If you got the room for 2 18" BTLs then go for it or stick with 1 18" or 2 15" BTL's. Nobody will be able to tell you if you can reach it a 150dbs or how loud you will be but set up properly it should reach that mark.

i just saw a guy on youtube doing 150,4 db with 2 15 l7 on a zx 2500 (in a big suv).

hm now im really confused what to do...

i just saw a guy on youtube doing 150,4 db with 2 15 l7 on a zx 2500 (in a big suv).

Build a new box for your current BTL.

The first thing you should do is stop trying to be like someone else and build your system around your sound preferences, the budget you have available and goals you have in mind. Just because you see someone doing something with a certain setup does not mean you will do the same thing or get close (every install and vehicle is different and will affect the sound), it will all come down to install.

yes i know. but i just want the best spl setup on the 2610 since i have the chance to sell my btl for a good price.

i also know lots of people saying the 15 l7 sounds very loud especially on the lows.

yes i know. but i just want the best spl setup on the 2610 since i have the chance to sell my btl for a good price.

i also know lots of people saying the 15 l7 sounds very loud especially on the lows.

Like I said before a budget will help of what you want to purchase for a sub setup. Do you want another 18" or do you want to do 2 15" subwoofers or what?

i like to run two 18 btls but my budget doesnt allow it yet so i have to save money first.

space is ~ 17 cft.

i need to stay away from here till my 18" btl gets here lol. reading thru stuff like this, i cant wait till it gets here :D

to the op...ur best bet is to build a new box for that btl that is the correct size, and then see if its not loud enough for you...chances are it will be.

the only thing i ever thought of selling the btls was i can sell them only for 100$ less than i payed.

lets say how many dbs will increase by building a box that is twice the size? (same car, same amp)

the only thing i ever thought of selling the btls was i can sell them only for 100$ less than i payed.

lets say how many dbs will increase by building a box that is twice the size? (same car, same amp)

hmmmm...the only person who can determine this is YOU :shrug: