ABXX49

Ryan J's build log

wasn't sure if you wanted to spruce them up just in case someone wanted to see your amps that's all

Yummy, which large format?

I'm pretty set on the ScanSpeak HDS.

For the mid I was thinking of the ER18 that you had mentioned. I have a concern, that may actually not be a concern at all, about this. While looking at the frequency response graph I noticed that there is a drop off down low. Higher than I think I would like? Maybe not? ...help me... :peepwall:

I'll be running a sealed Dcon for the subbass department.

HDS

:OhYeah:

Adrian, do you have any input on which mid to run? 6-7"

I'd run the ER18. Some improvements over the CA18 and the latter mates up nicely to the HDS :)

Yummy false floor, love seeing birch builds.

those are some pretty intense clamps.... now i know where i need to go when i build my poker table :P

I have two HUGE pony clamps, a HUGE pipe clamp, and two medium sized pipe clamps too ;)

I have more pictures of my box. I got the speaker baffle glued, and two window braces. Have to go to work, so pictures to follow after or in the AM. Still waiting for someone to tell me the magnet OD for my last baffle...Sent Mark a PM, but no response.

Yummy, which large format?

I'm pretty set on the ScanSpeak HDS.

For the mid I was thinking of the ER18 that you had mentioned. I have a concern, that may actually not be a concern at all, about this. While looking at the frequency response graph I noticed that there is a drop off down low. Higher than I think I would like? Maybe not? ...help me... :peepwall:

I'll be running a sealed Dcon for the subbass department.

HDS

:OhYeah:

Adrian, do you have any input on which mid to run? 6-7"

I'd run the ER18. Some improvements over the CA18 and the latter mates up nicely to the HDS :)

Yummy false floor, love seeing birch builds.

Some improvements, some disadvantages. Mostly improvements as it nearly has the voicing of the Excel line but is still easy to integrate like the Prestige. The CA's have a bit more on the bottom, but I too would still choose the ER.

A little more progress on the box:

33z78kn.jpg

dca4qg.jpg

2u7vamb.jpg

oazyw3.jpg

5yxjye.jpg

8zh444.jpg

346b50l.jpg

One more brace to add, then I can finish the box.

LOvin' the bracing, You make any woodworker PROUD. I am surprized you didn't rabbit joint them though. Keep up the AMAZING work.popcorn.gif

LOvin' the bracing, You make any woodworker PROUD. I am surprized you didn't rabbit joint them though. Keep up the AMAZING work.popcorn.gif

I haven't had enough practice with my new router to play with that :) Plus I want to pick up a router table before I start that kind of work. Thanks for the kind words though! You'll like my next update here in a few hours :P

Update postponed. Coming late tonight.

how much will the box weigh approx when you are done? looks heavy as fcuk

Maybe 20lbs. It's actually really, really light. I'll put it on a scale. The pictures may make it look bigger than it actually it.

12 wide

12 deep

17 high...from bottom of feet to top

A little off topic, what is a rabbit joint?

You've done some very impressive work man. Been following this build from the beginning. I really enjoy watching things like this come together.

If you look up at the pictures of the amp hole covers, that's what a rabbiting bit does.

A router table will be nice. I am barrowing a friend's plunge router right now. I just got my speakers today SO time to crack out some ring's.captain.gif

A router table will be nice. I am barrowing a friend's plunge router right now. I just got my speakers today SO time to crack out some ring's.captain.gif

You get those 10" midbasses?! :D

You get those 10" midbasses?! biggrin.gif

Nope, just the FF85K's right now. The midbasses are coming from Canada.

The update you've all been waiting for!...or something..

2ep3gg9.jpg

29xji8p.jpg

2zobymx.jpg

qx5rip.jpg

2ui9jc2.jpg

i5zyba.jpg

2rx8spx.jpg

fks0ba.jpg

34ir5es.jpg

2py3via.jpg

sxoih3.jpg

I had a rough time on getting the top to align right, as I'm not a perfect woodworker yet. After some liquid nail and a lot (A FREAKING LOT) of hand sanding, it's perfect. :)

I went over every external seam with Titebond 3 JUST to double my chances of having it perfectly sealed.

Bracing looks very spiffy :D

Why didn't you use Titebond + sawdust to seal the inside seams ? Better imo than using only Titebond on the outside.

Bracing looks very spiffy :D

Why didn't you use Titebond + sawdust to seal the inside seams ? Better imo than using only Titebond on the outside.

The pieces are glued on the contact surfaces with Titebond. The inside seams are sealed with titebond. And the outside seams are also sealed with Titebond. It's a 'Tite' fit. :)

Nice work, good to see some real bracing :)

Pictures look gOod Brother. The one with the polyfill looks like theres smoke coming out of the box. Where are you facing the sub? is it down firing? keep up the gOod work.trink40.gif