stealth

need help got a debate going on with alton

this is ALTONS post

"FYI the box is EXACTLY in the middle of the specs Fi gives for the 12" Q's. Fi recommends 1.8 to 2.4cuft as optimal for a 12" Q, 3.6 to 4.8 for two obviously. If you notice the notes I specifically mention 4.2cuft NET which means before displacements, there's nothing wrong with the space I've given for the Q's."

and i STEALTH said

"actually net means after displacements. gross is before. lol"

ALTON said

"taken directly from the dictionary buddy:

gross

   /groʊs/ Show Spelled [grohs] Show IPA adjective,-er, -est, noun,pluralgross for 11, gross·es for 12, 13; verb –adjective1.without deductions; total, as the amount of sales, salary, profit, etc., before taking deductions for expenses, taxes, or the like (opposed to net): gross earnings; gross sales.

net

1   /nɛt/ Show Spelled [net] Show IPA noun, verb,net·ted, net·ting. –noun

10.Mathematics. the abstraction, in topology, of a sequence; a map from a directed set to a given space.

to help with that word:

ab·strac·tion

   /æbˈstrækʃən/ Show Spelled[ab-strak-shuhn] Show IPA –noun1.an abstract or general idea or term. 2.the act of considering something as a general quality or characteristic, apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances. 3.an impractical idea; something visionary and unrealistic. 4.the act of taking away or separating; withdrawal: The sensation of cold is due to the abstraction of heat from our bodies"

PS IM JUST TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS CORRECT WITHOUT DEBATING WITH 1 PERSON.

Net is the remaining amount after all displacements are deducted from the gross enclosure volume.

Apparently Alton has never received a paycheck.....your Gross pay is the amount of money you earned, your Net pay is the amount you receive after all deductions (taxes, insurance, etc) are subtracted.

I also do not think he scrolled far enough down on the definitions page:

net

2   /nɛt/ Show Spelled [net] Show IPA adjective, noun, verb,net·ted, net·ting. –adjective

1. Remaining after deductions, as for charges or expenses (opposed to gross): net earnings.

And if he had read the definition for gross that he posted;

gross

   /groʊs/ Show Spelled [grohs] Show IPA adjective,-er, -est, noun,pluralgross for 11, gross·es for 12, 13; verb –adjective1.without deductions; total, as the amount of sales, salary, profit, etc., before taking deductions for expenses, taxes, or the like (opposed to net): gross earnings; gross sales.

So....Gross is before deductions, net is after deductions.

Thanks for your input. its kinda hard to debate with 2 people.

yes.... net..... AFTER deductions OR before displacments....... gross meaning the full amount........ BEFORE deductions OR after displacments added when talking about an enclosure

yes.... net..... AFTER deductions OR before displacments....... gross meaning the full amount........ BEFORE deductions OR after displacments added when talking about an enclosure

sure pal. why cant you just admit your wrong, before i post your pm calling a few members on here NOOBs. this has gone way to far with you. you thought i was a newb and you got owned im done with your petty shit.

yes.... net..... AFTER deductions OR before displacments.......

No.

gross meaning the full amount........ BEFORE deductions OR after displacments added when talking about an enclosure

No.

I think you understand the difference, you're just using confusing and unnecessary phrasing to attempt to describe them.

From what I can gather, we're saying;

Gross - displacement = Net

You're trying to say;

Net + displacement = Gross

Man, I though I got away from this immature bull when I graduated from high school.

Dude, you're gonna do whatever you wanna do, I have no control over it or any care to. I didn't call any single person on this forum any name including noob throughout our entire pm conversation. Post the entire thing up here for everyone to see, go ahead. I've been nothing but civil with you throughout the entire thing and I will continue to be no matter what you say or do.

yes.... net..... AFTER deductions OR before displacments.......

No.

gross meaning the full amount........ BEFORE deductions OR after displacments added when talking about an enclosure

No.

I think you understand the difference, you're just using confusing and unnecessary phrasing to attempt to describe them.

From what I can gather, we're saying;

Gross - displacement = Net

You're trying to say;

Net + displacement = Gross

Looks like the same thing to me..... paychecks for example.... your net pay is your gross minus the taxes and other deductions...... your gross pay is simply your pay before those deductions or if you know exactly what the deductions are, with them added back to your net pay..... each one is still the same thing

on the real. talk about immature. you still cant admit you made a mistake trying to PROVE me wrong. all i did was help out a few SSA members, they thanked me, then i get a message from you saying

FIRST PM

"I saw your recent posts on the SA-8 pre-sale thread and wanted to talk to you without cluttering up the thread any worse. Real Aero ports are already flared, both ends. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to help someone out. I'd just really like to know how many years of REAL installation and fabrication experience you have to be giving advice and judging other peoples designs. I have been building and designing enclosures for quite literally more than half my life and don't go nit picking and commenting on everyone's enclosure designs that they post. You'd think someone who was qualified to give out enclosure advice would know that Aero ports are already flared, which leads me to believe you've not got that much REAL experience, which is what caused me to make this correspondence with you. Please, if you have REAL valuable input then please post it, otherwise please keep the comments to yourself. Also, 12-16 sqin of port area per cuft is the recommendation for slot ports generally, and half that is usalbe with a real Aero port without making any noticable port noise. Again, that's a general rule and doesn't apply to every case.

Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting or being an arseho, just wanting to make sure you're aware of how your advice is sounding to some of the rest of us. You're reputation is already in the red, I would rather help you help yourself than watch everyone attack you again."

JESUS CHRIST i hope a few members on the sundown forums can chime in and say all i did was try to help, if you or any members got offended then im very sorry. but most of them thanked me.

ALTON WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO CHANGE IT, READ THE HIGHLIGHTED PART. YOUR POST TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK DUMB

this is ALTONS post

"FYI the box is EXACTLY in the middle of the specs Fi gives for the 12" Q's. Fi recommends 1.8 to 2.4cuft as optimal for a 12" Q, 3.6 to 4.8 for two obviously. If you notice the notes I specifically mention 4.2cuft NET which means before displacements, there's nothing wrong with the space I've given for the Q's."

and i STEALTH said

"actually net means after displacements. gross is before. lol"

ALTON said

"taken directly from the dictionary buddy:

gross

net

1   /nɛt/ Show Spelled [net] Show IPA noun, verb,net·ted, net·ting. –noun

10.Mathematics. the abstraction, in topology, of a sequence; a map from a directed set to a given space.

to help with that word:

ab·strac·tion

   /æbˈstrækʃən/ Show Spelled[ab-strak-shuhn] Show IPA –noun1.an abstract or general idea or term. 2.the act of considering something as a general quality or characteristic, apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances. 3.an impractical idea; something visionary and unrealistic. 4.the act of taking away or separating; withdrawal: The sensation of cold is due to the abstraction of heat from our bodies"

PS IM JUST TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS CORRECT WITHOUT DEBATING WITH 1 PERSON.

MODS LOCK THIS PLEASE. SORRY FOR STARTING SHIT HERE.

Looks like the same thing to me..... paychecks for example.... your net pay is your gross minus the taxes and other deductions...... your gross pay is simply your pay before those deductions or if you know exactly what the deductions are, with them added back to your net pay..... each one is still the same thing

Mathematically it's the same thing. Grammatically you said it back asswards and incorrectly.

Read the definitions again. Gross = "before", net = "after".

This is thread is fucking childish.

Grow up man.

Psssh. Your momma.

This is thread is pucking childish.

Grow up man.

i guess you are referring that to me. well all i did was try to help a few members then i get a pm telling me to keep my comments to myself and asking me about car audio credentials... lol thats a lil childish. or is alton your friend.

:buttlick::twirl:

Chop, as always. thanks for the clarification sir! :joshers3:

this would be gross.......

293.norbit.020507.jpg

"Those ain't dimples, those is potholes in her ass!"

Chop, you're the one !!!

Thanks for this thread, finally !

popcorn.gif

Chop, where did you find that beauty of a, a, a, a, ...... Beast?

laugh.gif

All I gotta say is... wow... This is pretty, er, unique?