I was at wal mart the other day picking up some speaker wire for an install i was doing for a friend. I was looking at the HU section just out of curiosity. I found a unit that is made specifically for iPod/iPhone playback. It had a FM tuner, aux in, and the faceplate flips down with a iPod/Phone docking station. I put my iPhone on it to see if it would work with it. It charged my phone and played the music just fine. The price on this unit was 100$ even. I know dual is probably one of the most frowned upon audio companies out there.. but I've been looking into a new HU with a budget, and 95% of my music is played from my iPhone, so I dont need all the fancy features. For the price, it seems like a nice deal. What are your alls suggestions? It would be for temporary use anyway until I get some bank for a nicer HU.

save up and buy a nicer head unit...my friend has a dual, the one with the face in the back that lifts up and then the front face slides down...pos...the faceplates fall off, and half the time it turns on and half the time it doesnt. just save ur money.

save up and buy a nicer head unit...my friend has a dual, the one with the face in the back that lifts up and then the front face slides down...pos...the faceplates fall off, and half the time it turns on and half the time it doesnt. just save ur money.

X2 :werd_msword:

save your money! or keep the bill so you can return it in the future b/c it is pile of shart!

Remember the ol' cliche "You get what you pay for"!

I would look elsewhere and buy something a little more reputable.

I think that a guy on here has an Alpine for sale that has iPod compatiblity. BNIB. Let me look quick and see if I can find it. I think he wanted 100 shipped. I love my Alpine with Ipod controls.

i just don't get why people buy stuff for temporary use, i am not refurring to just you but alot of people. it just seems like a waste of money, you need patience at one point :peepwall:

i dont know thats just what my opinion is :werd_msword:

Sundown And Alpine For The Cheapz - SSA Car Audio Forum

There. $115 shipped. Have to buy an ipod cord for alpines but i think the cord is only like 10 or 15 bucks at most. You can do what I did and run the wire into the glovebox so no one sees you have an iPod hooked up to your HU. Says on details for this head unit that it works with iPhone too so you are all set. :drink40:

Sundown And Alpine For The Cheapz - SSA Car Audio Forum

There. $115 shipped. Have to buy an ipod cord for alpines but i think the cord is only like 10 or 15 bucks at most. You can do what I did and run the wire into the glovebox so no one sees you have an iPod hooked up to your HU. Says on details for this head unit that it works with iPhone too so you are all set. :drink40:

x2, you can buy the ipod cord for cheap at best buy, and whats nice is it connects in the back of the HU so it looks clean