stevemead08

IAK needs an "IHOP"

This sucks ass!!!! If not for bad luck, no luck!

So, after doing a demo yesterday, I hear an odd sound. It seems that I have a sub that is going bad sad.png I'm not sure what happend yet, but it seems VERY odd. Only 1 of the 4 & none of the others show any signs of stress, issue or failure :- I'm a freak about running my equipment & keeping it at safe levels. My electrical is strong w/6 Deka Intimidator group 31's in back, a XS 3400 in front, & a Singer 275a alt. Subs are 4-d2 DD 3518g's in 17cu net tuned @ 33hz powered by 2 DD M3a's strapped @ 1ohm. I guess I'm stuck waiting for my DD dealer to get back with me now.....FML!

My memory does little to serve me at the moment, too early in the morning for my gears to be turning yet, so I can't remember how they're configured in your truck. The thing is, I know a guy from up near Chicago who has done several big setups in the Trailblazer he used to own and a Cherokee he's been using for builds as of late. He for a long time had an issue with loading inside the enclosure that would always destroy one sub. When he had the TB he had four 12" DD 9512's in a box below the window line and in a wall, and I can't recall exactly what the issue was but it caused a problem with those subs. When the TB got totaled in a traffic accident he got the Cherokee and built a huge wall for four SA-15's. The one in the top left corner would always blow, the spiders would shred and the VC came unwound on a few occasions. This issue was found to be a leak in the rear wall of the enclosure.

Not sure if any of the above could apply to your situation, but it sure sounds familiar to me. Could be worth checking out.

So does anybody java a spare couch for me to sleep in for finals? May not need it but good to have a back up plan.

Thanks for the advice bro. I was doing the demo in the evening & couldn't see much. I plan to try & check for leaks at the actual mounting seal for the sub in the next few days. That does make some sense though. The air pressure wants to escape wherever it can.

I may Steve.....gotta make sure it's cool with the roomate. I'm sure we can find somewhere. Is it gonna be just you? I ask because Sean or Senchez may be willing to split a hotel room.

Iak September cookout went really good, about 35 folks came through, lasted around 7 hours or so. A ton of food and even more laughs.

Officer Lundy came through, the folks who called on him had already left, so we talked briefly and shared a few laughs. Kinda hard to persue a sound ordinance vilotion report when no one is present with a cmplaint. Lol

Looking forward to final the first weekend of October followed by our iak meet the second weekend, we will be doing a haunted house cruise that weekend.

My oldest daughter, Samantha, will be turning 21 on the 28th. So that weekend will be busy too!

happy birth day to samantha!!!!tell her to have fun!!as for the haunted house cruise i really hope we are i can make it!!!!i hate living so far away!!!!

So does anybody java a spare couch for me to sleep in for finals? May not need it but good to have a back up plan.

I'm a couple hours from Indy, but you'd be more than welcome at my place brother!

I have a meager 2500 sqft guest house on the pavilion of my estate. Alas, I live a couple hours from Indy as well. I could take my private jet and be there in no time. If you wanted to take your car I would have to commission a cargo plane and we could parachute in.

Or you could stay on my couch. It's a 2 hours away as well.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Chuck. Hopefully its nothing.

Arriving mid day Friday and leaving directly after I get my trophy. Lol playin. I'll leave Sunday night.

Would be AWESOME if you stopped by on ur way up or back home. Would grill some burgers, steaks or whatever you like, have dinner, demo and hang out for a few.

That invitation is open to anyone else traveling up too BTW!!!

You had me at burger....

You had me at burger....

LOL

trying like hell guys..... some unforeseen stuff happened with my family and i may have to send some funds to an offshore bank account. My cousins son is about 10 months old and some nono kind of stuff happened to him and things need to be dealt with. Will keep you guys informed you have my cell if u want to know more!

I understand David, hope the lil guy is ok. Still hoping you can make it down for the show but family is always 1st!

Well, I'm going to pull out the problem sub tues & inspect/test it. Hoping it is fixable & no need for a recone. Sean doesn't seem to think it's a huge problem just from my description. I would've taken it out the night it happened but it was too dark. We had rain all day yesterday with a nice lil hail storm mixed in there as well. FTL!! I've just turned off the subs @ the HU for now to make sure any damage isn't being made worse.

Didn't take the sub out yet but finally got to do some investigation. It defnitely has coil rubbing in one specific area......FTL!!!! Oh well, I guess. I'm selling off everything & changing the entire setup. I'm shooting for a budget daily ground pounder without any concern for chasing #'s. Looks like I'm considering 6-8 entry level 15's on relatively low power (3-4k) for the # of subs. I'm waiting on the Sundown comps to be released for my front stage. A budget build is what I'm shooting for as ironic as that sounds. Lower cost, efficient, & products more easily afforded.

Edited by chicagofan

I like my beat fast and my bass down low

Here kitty kitty ;)

Nice find Senchez!

Finals is almost here :)

thats correct.

It is! Don't forget about my batt height :)

I has a blown sub and no gas monies.