Sign in to follow this  
PHATBOi

New 12" Leathal Injections Doin Work!

My first IA subs and I'm lovin them. All equipment is listed in my sig. 142.5 @ 40Hz sealed up on the dash, with only 2 days break in time. Best sounding subs I have ever owned hands down. I have been missing so much on the low end. The Bassorcist song in the first vid drops around 26Hz and sounds amazing. You guys have a new customer for life!Can't wait till next year when I step up to 2 Death Penalty 12" on an AP30001D!

Let me know what y'all think. Thanks.

awesome ... :drink40:

Thanks bro, my thoughts exactly.

looks good man.

Thank you sir.

I like what i see.

cant wait to hear it bro.

Thanks bro. I will make it back up there before to long so you can throw the carpet on and paint the port that I was to impatient to wait for. Gonna have to get this head swapped out before I drop a valve or something. I keep floatin a valve in the number 4 cylinder and at high rpm it's kissin the sparkplug and closing the gap killin the cylinder. Took me a long time to figure out why I kept havin random miss fire, lol. And now the catylitic converter is shot from all the raw fuel bein dumped into. Oh well, when it rains it pours I suppose.

Nice man!

I wish I had bought two when I was ordering mine lol

Nice man!

I wish I had bought two when I was ordering mine lol

Yeah man, these subs surprised the hell outa me. It's hard to believe they are only one step up from their entry level series. It's nice that all their subs are already badassified. I wouldn't hesitate to put 1K to each daily. I am very happy I traded my 1 AA Chaos 15 for these two brand new subs, lol. Definitely a trade up. These are the best sounding subs I have ever owned.

Yeah I know what you mean. My one sub blew me out of the water once I got it in the car, and it got much louder after the break in period. It still surprises me every day lol. I am giving it about 1k rms (according to my dmm, seems a little high for just one RF punch 500-2 lol) and it takes it like a champ. I'll have to get another vid up soon.

nice score.......

Thanks man, I'm hopin it gets a little higher after some break in time.

Yeah I know what you mean. My one sub blew me out of the water once I got it in the car, and it got much louder after the break in period. It still surprises me every day lol. I am giving it about 1k rms (according to my dmm, seems a little high for just one RF punch 500-2 lol) and it takes it like a champ. I'll have to get another vid up soon.

You are really giving it that much? I have my amp set to 600rms and it is beating the hell out of me and my car. Hard to believe you are giving it that much power.

You are really giving it that much? I have my amp set to 600rms and it is beating the hell out of me and my car. Hard to believe you are giving it that much power.

Well I really like to have it loud lol. My car is built pretty solid for the most part, and I deadened the trunk a few weeks ago. The only part that worries me (for my future setup) is that my sunroof and roof flex pretty bad, but it's cool at the same time haha. It's good to hear that you are enjoying it though.

Yeah, I got mine pretty damn hot today lol. I had my amp gain set between 1/4 and 1/2 and backed it down a cooter hair till they break in a little more. I don't care what sub you have, there is no mistaking that smell, lol.

The IA's have a distinct smell to them when you heat up the coil! Careful with the volume knob! trink40.gif

Yeah, I was introduced to that smell yesterday, lol. I have backed off a little on the gain and the volume knob. Hopin after some break in I can bump them back up a lil.

That is pretty much what happened to me. At first I had set my gains by ear, and I did get that smell. I backed down the gains for a while. After the sub broke in, I had done a few different things in my car and I figured I would reset the gain. It's much louder now and I do not get that smell anymore. Hope it is the same for you.

Yeah, I'm sure thats what it is, I was beatin the piss out them yesterday, lol. I can't help it, they sound so amazing.

Got a 143.4 sealed up on the dash at 40Hz before I ripped the box out and sent it back to iamamp3pimp for carpet and port paint. Subs are still pretty damn stiff. But that's almost a whole db just from 2 more days of break in. I hopin for atleast a 145 at full break in.

That is pretty much what happened to me. At first I had set my gains by ear, and I did get that smell. I backed down the gains for a while. After the sub broke in, I had done a few different things in my car and I figured I would reset the gain. It's much louder now and I do not get that smell anymore. Hope it is the same for you.

Found this again today. This is one of the vids that got me excited when I was waitin for my Leathals to arrive. Nice setup bro. That shit is slammin for 1 12!

Found this again today. This is one of the vids that got me excited when I was waitin for my Leathals to arrive. Nice setup bro. That shit is slammin for 1 12!

Thanks! Pretty soon I'm going to get another vid up because it's slamming even harder now after I changed the placement of the enclosure. I'll let you know when I do.