CadillacMatt

Another Toyota mishap... at my apartment complex

Well, stepped outside about 10 this morning to the scene below:

l_544518d9e85543a0a4bf8519c9aa072d.jpg

l_b6f27a3a82f74b4b92c8383c037a544b.jpg

l_0fac17288bbc42a9bf2160b8b8826a9e.jpg

This is the front building of my apartment complex, the area you see with the damage is a small beauty shop renting a space next to our apartment office. Apparently what happened was an elderly lady stepped on the gas instead of the brake (seems to happen a lot, doesn't it?), effectively turning the salon into a drive-thru. Nobody was hurt thank goodness, the woman was taken to the hospital as a precaution. To be honest, the car doesn't look too damaged for what it did to the damn building, but then again who knows what kind of damage there might be to the framework.

I know this has nothing to do with the recent Toyota recalls, it just made a catchy title ;)

When I get old, somebody PLEASE take my keys away! :captain:

that's why i like toyota. They are reliable.

The gas recall thing... if it really is even an issue.... is bullshit.

If it's a real issue, fix it yourself... there's no way some bad parts of magical problems has floated onto hundreds of vehicles just waiting to get stuck while cruising.

You can thank the media for blowing it way out of proportion like they always do... and the people... how gullible they are, will fall for the crap and believe anything they say.

isn't is interesting how they don't really say why it happens?

Sure they say friction.. that's crap. they gotta make up somethin to please the retards who believe everything the news says... all they are are middlemen relaying hearsay...

The probable truth is there is no one problem and to ask Toyota what THE problem is.. they gotta make up somethin or else they would look stupid.

Ever since the gas pedal story started... it's like a news story boner for the next month to many.

[/rant]

that's why i like toyota. They are reliable.

The gas recall thing... if it really is even an issue.... is bullshit.

If it's a real issue, fix it yourself... there's no way some bad parts of magical problems has floated onto hundreds of vehicles just waiting to get stuck while cruising.

You can thank the media for blowing it way out of proportion like they always do... and the people... how gullible they are, will fall for the crap and believe anything they say.

isn't is interesting how they don't really say why it happens?

Sure they say friction.. that's crap. they gotta make up somethin to please the retards who believe everything the news says... all they are are middlemen relaying hearsay...

The probable truth is there is no one problem and to ask Toyota what THE problem is.. they gotta make up somethin or else they would look stupid.

Ever since the gas pedal story started... it's like a news story boner for the next month to many.

[/rant]

How exactly does one fix a drive-by-wire vehicle themselves when it's a computer control related issue?

unless i missed that part.. i just heard it was supposedly caused by friction which is too broad of an answer.

They keep referring to the pedal getting stuck, not what controls it.. i'm complaining about what i hear.

:peepwall:

unless i missed that part.. i just heard it was supposedly caused by friction which is too broad of an answer.

They keep referring to the pedal getting stuck, not what controls it.. i'm complaining about what i hear.

You 'hear' a lot of really off things

Hey, I know where that is. Ha ha. That's funny.

Hey, I know where that is. Ha ha. That's funny.

Yeah our maintenance man was out there boarding it up right after it happened. I was going to take a few bricks to chock my wheels for an oil change but they told me they needed to wait for the insurance adjuster before I could touch anything :ehh: lol

Old people are always forgetting which is the gas and which is the brake.

I also heard on the news that they determined in the runaway Prius on the highway that the brakes had never been applied. Not sure how they found that out.

Toyota is the new Audi ( sudden acceleration ).

I'm not sure I believe the floor mat is the problem with the Toyota, give me a cable instead of the fly by wire crap.

The cop and his family that was killed on the freeway a while ago had time to make a phone call while trying to stop his Toyota ....... Wouldn't you try turning off the ignition in a strait section to kill the engine, then turn it back on so you would have your steering back?

Within this past month ( in Ohio )a trooper had to get in front of a Toyota and use his cruiser to stop it. The news was happy to point out that the driver didn't adhere to the T.S.B. put out by Toyota as a fix for the problem, removing the drivers side floor mat. C'mon already.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Off topic: Did you hear about the pit-bull mix ( Winston and his two buddies) in Chattanooga that attacked two tires and ripped the bumper cover off the front of one cop car and attacked one tire on another. They maced and used a stun gun on the pit, but it didn't stop him. LMFAO. You've got to see the videos. Go Winston.

Edited by cobra93