shakes

1995 Chevy Suburban

I started on his amp rack out of boredom tonight, obv not near finished as it will be carpeted and shit. Once the new amp arrives it'll get the holes and such.

DSC00123-1.jpg

DSC00128-1.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

Edited by John Holmes

Progressing nicely! Keep up the good work.

It's coming along slowly. Should have the amp next week, then we'll get it decently cleaned up then I have to figure out what I want to do for midbass. For what it is I think it sounds pretty good so far, but I'm not planning to go too crazy on this since I'm also trying to finish my other car which needs a lot more money. Business has been pretty slow lately (self employment FTL) but it will get there sooner or later.

Keep up the good work man :drink40:

Looking real good. Can't wait to see it once it's finished, and maybe a vid.

Hooked up the new amp, an alpine mrp-m2000. Amazing what rated power will do to the sound. Then we decided to rotate the box subs firing forward port up and it made a world of difference in the sound quality. Here's a pic of the temp setup without the endcaps on the amp. Shakes is gonna get carpet soon and do it all up fancy.

2uep3sk.jpg

The new amp is too much for my electrical system, it's really annoying to have all this power and I'm not able to use it.

The new amp is too much for my electrical system, it's really annoying to have all this power and I'm not able to use it.

I got just the thing that might help you out...:woot:

And yes, that was a STEAL for $1600!

Funny story is we were talking about your alternator tonight and I thought it was sold based on the pm's exchanged with that last guy. PM him, he's interested.

Funny story is we were talking about your alternator tonight and I thought it was sold based on the pm's exchanged with that last guy. PM him, he's interested.

Thanks, wife.

Thanks, wife.

No problem, fag.

The M2000's are a steal watt per dollar wise, plus they are a solid amp to boot. the SAZ was on sale the week after I bought my M2000, other than that I'm happy with it.smile.gif

YOU will be stoked if you get that DC alt. from Rank, I installed mine a couple weeks ago and could feel the gain. Gotta have POWER to make POWER!!! I am VERY happy with the DC alt.biggrin.gif

Thanks, wife.

No problem, fag.

You guys crack my shit up! LOL. Pm sent.

The M2000's are a steal watt per dollar wise, plus they are a solid amp to boot. the SAZ was on sale the week after I bought my M2000, other than that I'm happy with it.smile.gif

YOU will be stoked if you get that DC alt. from Rank, I installed mine a couple weeks ago and could feel the gain. Gotta have POWER to make POWER!!! I am VERY happy with the DC alt.biggrin.gif

Actually its from Mechman but no biggie. I know what you mean also. Since the day I installed it, my voltage was BEAUTIFUL! Never even touched 12 volts again!

Yeah so far it seems like a great amp. My options were pretty limited since I wanted 2000 watts RMS at 2 ohm. I'd say I'm satisfied. The gain is way down and I can't turn it up without the voltage hitting 12.1 - 12.4, but I can already tell it hits a lot harder and sounds better than the Hifonics that was in there.

I'll probably have to go ahead and buy the alternator from Bigrank. I just have to wait for the money situation to catch up. I've been spending as much as I take in for a month straight now and on top of that uncle sam got a little more from me than I was planning on last week.

Trying to put money into two project cars and a stereo is a bad idea.

Nice amp! Build coming along nicely!

Nice amp! Build coming along nicely!

Thanks. Although compared to a lot of other builds I read mine is pretty pathetic. My e-penis is flaccid and wrinkly.

2nd battery is installed, ground wire from frame to body added in rear, among other things. Probably get pics or something soon once the alternator arrives and is installed.

2nd battery is installed, ground wire from frame to body added in rear, among other things. Probably get pics or something soon once the alternator arrives and is installed.

She will be on the way tomorrow fellas. :fing34: Thanks again.

I can't wait to have the alternator in so I can be loud like all the cool kids. Then I can go to the gay bars and pick up some fellas for promiscuous gay sex. :gayhaaay1: