RE XXXv3

Wiring 8 subs?

D4. Wire each sub's coils in series, giving you eight 8 ohm subs. Then wire all 8 in parallel = 1 ohm.

Thanks. The12volt goes up to 4 subs where 4 S4 = 1 ohm and 4 D4 = 2 ohm. Does 8 S4's = 2 ohm? I thought wiring options were either series or parallel, not both, confusing!

I wouldnt imagine you are running all 8 subs off of one amp. (If you are by all means enlighten me on what equipment you are using.) Anyway why not wire 4 to one amp and 4 to another. Just an idea. Might save you some headache in the wiring department. Just my .02.

Thanks. The12volt goes up to 4 subs where 4 S4 = 1 ohm and 4 D4 = 2 ohm. Does 8 S4's = 2 ohm? I thought wiring options were either series or parallel, not both, confusing!

You can mix as much series and parallel as you have coils to do it with. Not confusing, just basic algebra.

I wouldnt imagine you are running all 8 subs off of one amp. (If you are by all means enlighten me on what equipment you are using.) Anyway why not wire 4 to one amp and 4 to another. Just an idea. Might save you some headache in the wiring department. Just my .02.

Why not? If they are all in one car there can be a large benefit to running them all off of one amp and a lot of potential pitfalls for running them independently. I'd also put them all in the same box.

You can mix as much series and parallel as you have coils to do it with. Not confusing, just basic algebra.

Why not? If they are all in one car there can be a large benefit to running them all off of one amp and a lot of potential pitfalls for running them independently. I'd also put them all in the same box.

What amp could run 8 subs? Unless they are a very low wattage sub. Well now that I think about it I guess it could happen. Just really confused by wanting to wire 8 subs together. Like I said I would love to see what equipment he is using. Disregaurd my previous post.

He could also be strapping some amps that are stable at 1 ohm strapped. Otherwise, there are several 3-4000 watt amps on the market, and 4-500 watt subs are not really " very low wattage."

To the OP, yes 8 S4 can equal 2 ohms. You'd wire two subs in series, giving you essentially four 8 ohm subs. Then wire each pair of subs in parallel with the other sets for an overall 2 ohm load.

8 sealed Dcon 12's in the same box powered by a Hifonics BXI2408D @ 1ohm with a HD batt and around a 270A alt (all I could find). I'm wire-savvy. I don't want to use two amps because they don't use clicky notches on the gains and filters. Box is going behind my Alero's front seats and if it'll fit height wise I'll toy with a crappy wall.