elastic

xcon sealed or ported

orion says sealed enclosures are louder to ear than ported ones.

my goals are good sq but with the ability to get loud too.

so it thats true that sealed is perceived louder than ported i might go with it.

whats your experience there?

In my experience ported is noticably louder than sealed. And everywhere I've looked says the same thing.

Lower frequencies seem louder to the ear. Ported boxes boost lower frequencies. Therefore, ported boxes win.

and a bandpass with low tuning would be best then?

(for the perceived loudness of low frequencies)

Try a standard ported enclosure before messing with bandpass.

Sealed boxes are easier to build, but they will not give you max output.

I'm sure an Xcon can get really loud in sealed boxes too !

But, loud for somebody is not always loud for others.

peepwall.gif

and a bandpass with low tuning would be best then?

(for the perceived loudness of low frequencies)

You are jumping to false conclusions.

If your looking for ear loudness then most of the time a ported enclosure will be louder than sealed. If your going with the XCON, your getting a very good versatile driver that can perform great in both sealed and ported.

If your looking for ear loudness then most of the time a ported enclosure will be louder than sealed. If your going with the XCON, your getting a very good versatile driver that can perform great in both sealed and ported.

and what types of enclosure are good to feel the bass rather than hear it?

and what types of enclosure are good to feel the bass rather than hear it?

What type of music do you listen too?

i listen to music with low bass notes like rap or some times organ music ^^

for me its much more important to get kicked in the stomach than make the ears ring.

From all of my own experience a ported enclosure will give a better rumble for the deep down bass. But i have nothing but my own stomach to back it up.

i listen to music with low bass notes like rap or some times organ music ^^

for me its much more important to get kicked in the stomach than make the ears ring.

Go with the larger of the optimum enclosure sizes under the XCON technical section! You won't be disappointed.

sealed or ported for my purpose?

Build a optimal ported box @ 30 hz, you will not be disappointed.

Ported definetly louder , i have has sealed bandpass and ported , and ported is always the loudest , especially on the low tones , my single 10" D-con , is retarded at like 25hz-35hz , and thats only 500W , i get people turning their head from over 100 feet away , its great , so my opinion is Ported For Life! , i am never going back , happy pounding

Ported definetly louder , i have has sealed bandpass and ported , and ported is always the loudest , especially on the low tones , my single 10" D-con , is retarded at like 25hz-35hz , and thats only 500W , i get people turning their head from over 100 feet away , its great , so my opinion is Ported For Life! , i am never going back , happy pounding

nice! what is your tuning?

sealed or ported for my purpose?

My Bad.....Ported!

I have 2 x-cons in a 7.5 cube ported enclosure and as far as" feeling the bass" these woofers are SICCCC !!!! They dig down reallll lowwww and come back up n kik ya in the face , its like a mini earthquake !!

You wont be disapointed if you have the proper ported enclosure built for the x-con!!!

I have 2 x-cons in a 7.5 cube ported enclosure and as far as" feeling the bass" these woofers are SICCCC !!!! They dig down reallll lowwww and come back up n kik ya in the face , its like a mini earthquake !!

You wont be disapointed if you have the proper ported enclosure built for the x-con!!!

well said.

:)

do both. Build your own, 1 ported and 1 sealed. You will then be able to choose which box will actually give you the bass you want instead of relying on us.

It would make for a nice review as well