MetalMatrix

2010 FI Q Arrived

The 2010 FI Q 10" just arrived. It is definitely heavier than I was expecting but looks really good. I guess I can start building my custom sealed box soon. I haven't figured out how I will attach a grill to it yet. The 28mm Xmax and the fact that the cone sits higher than the lip will produce a challenge to protect the subwoofer.

The only thing that pissed me off is that FI shipped the subwoofer using UPS. $60US shipping to Canada and then $92CAN for Brokerage and Customs. This is why I try and get everything via USPS.

:NeedPics:

It should be illegal to post a thread like this without pictures.. :ban2:

I just got my new Fi Q12 as well.

FiQ12.jpg

FiQ12Backplate.jpg

FiQ12Logo.jpg

FiQ12Motor.jpg

FiQ12Side.jpg

FiQ12Terminals.jpg

It looks bad***! :)

The UPS shipping label said it weighed 35lbs.

Edited by Ginobli07

It should be illegal to post a thread like this without pictures.. :ban2:

Agreed... and so... ^^^ :)

I'll take pictures with my phone soon. :) I knew people would wanted pictures, I just didn't have time.

Here you go... you may appreciate the last picture.

FIQ01.jpg

FIQ02.jpg

FIQ03.jpg

FIQ04.jpg

FIQ05.jpg

FIQ06.jpg

FIQ07.jpg

FIQ08.jpg

Edited by MetalMatrix

Nice pictures. Love the last one. I never out and out weighed mine yet. 37.2lbs and none of it is body fat. LOL :) I'm still working on getting mine in too.

Edited by Ginobli07

Nice pictures. Love the last one. I never out and out weighed mine yet. 37.2lbs and none of it is body fat. LOL :) I'm still working on getting mine in too.

The scale was right there so I figured I might as well weigh it. I'm curious to see how much my 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect weighs now.

I can't wait to start building the box. I am putting this speaker in the corner of my trunk so that it takes up almost zero space. I will not sacrifice ANY trunk space this time around for my stereo. That's why I decided to try FI. Due to the power handling and tiny enclosure. I surely hope the speaker was worth the cost.

The scale was right there so I figured I might as well weigh it. I'm curious to see how much my 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect weighs now.

I can't wait to start building the box. I am putting this speaker in the corner of my trunk so that it takes up almost zero space. I will not sacrifice ANY trunk space this time around for my stereo. That's why I decided to try FI. Due to the power handling and tiny enclosure. I surely hope the speaker was worth the cost.

Cost... Agreed. I have high hopes and everywhere I look I see good reviews. I'm going from a 10" ported (400rms) to a 12" sealed (500rms more if needed), so we'll see how that goes. I'm not going to make any assumptions. I've had plenty of sealed subs before though, so I'm not expecting to be taken by surprise or anything.

Sorry we don't ship to Canada via USPS anymore...

They've lost over 12 subs and we quit using them for Canada.

Excellent choice in sub woofer!

That is a Fi Q ? Looks huge, for a 10" !

They have always been like that ? with the big bottom ? Damn...!!!

Btw : How can they lost a sub from USA to Canada ? Maybe someone has a 12 sub setup for free in his car !!!

What were the specs of your sealed box, thanks

Edited by Jernut

That is a Fi Q ? Looks huge, for a 10" !

They have always been like that ? with the big bottom ? Damn...!!!

The fi ssd and fi Q both got upgraded for 2010.

WTF? How come the Fi Q10 weighs heavier than Fi Q12? :o

I didn't officially weigh mine. It's just what the shipping label said. LOL

Thank you, LOL! Anyways, my blown JL 12W6 only weighs 20Lbs. Wow! These Fi subs are on steroids. :fing23:

Thank you, LOL! Anyways, my blown JL 12W6 only weighs 20Lbs. Wow! These Fi subs are on steroids. :fing23:

They also take an extra 400 to 900 rms, so it's all relative. I'm going to be trying a 13W6v2 soon, and I'll give you a review if you are looking for one.

They also take an extra 400 to 900 rms, so it's all relative. I'm going to be trying a 13W6v2 soon, and I'll give you a review if you are looking for one.

Sure, post some video clips too...The W6's subs aren't meant to be pushed too much when it comes to power handling. I guess that's the reason why JL came up with their monster W7's subs. I can't wait to get my Fi Q12. I want to match it with a clean amp about 0.1 - 0.05% T.H.D.

Sure, post some video clips too...The W6's subs aren't meant to be pushed too much when it comes to power handling. I guess that's the reason why JL came up with their monster W7's subs. I can't wait to get my Fi Q12. I want to match it with a clean amp about 0.1 - 0.05% T.H.D.

ported or sealed?

ported or sealed?

ported