Mark LaFountain

Ernie's 2 12" Demo Car Build | New PICS p4

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

Lol... See if I can take a vid this week for you guys before we say bye bye icons and hello xcons

Do it! :D

Sounds like she's coming along nicely, bring on the video. :woot:

New Rack and pinion just got picked up so when suspension goes on all the ball joints and inner and outer tie rods will be redone as well... Will have pics found my charger for my camera!! Also video is comming guys dont worry.

New Rack and pinion just got picked up so when suspension goes on all the ball joints and inner and outer tie rods will be redone as well... Will have pics found my charger for my camera!! Also video is comming guys dont worry.

about time lol

Ok guys I am offically in my new place and fully unpacked and pulling the car out the garage toomarow for the suspension work as well as a good bye vid for the ICONS... They have served well but I have better plans brewing in my head!! New box as well as a good way to start of me getting back into building...

:)

:popcorn: we'll be waiting

Heres an update for you guys

I never went through with the video because I found out wihile I had my box stored in my moms garage it became wet on one side and the wood seperated after I started beating on it with the Ap3k. It is no where as loud as it was and I would be disapointed as well as Mark would be of a video of this!

Anywho for the new stuff. Today I started my door pods 1 AA 7in mid in the door and a kick pod will follow housing another AA mid. Got some pics uploading on Photobucket and this is my first attempt at glassing, should it come out shitty I will so it again really want to learn this skill. A new box will also follow later housing Xcon 10s for more room for amp mounting ect!

Time to wait for the pics.

Edited by sound=vibration

Here are the pics!!

20111103_69.jpg

20111103_70.jpg

20111103_71.jpg

20111103_72.jpg

20111103_73.jpg

20111103_74.jpg

20111103_75.jpg

20111103_76.jpg

20111103_77.jpg

20111103_78.jpg

20111103_79.jpg

20111103_80.jpg

20111103_81.jpg

20111103_82.jpg

20111103_83.jpg

Got to add another layer to smooth it out and strengthen it up

20111103_84.jpg

20111103_85.jpg

20111103_86.jpg

20111103_87.jpg

20111103_88.jpg

This is a mock up on angle to see if it will work fine will not actually be glassed to the grill.

20111103_89.jpg

Got to work all weekend so Updates will come around mon tuesday

Edited by sound=vibration

Are you using bondo kitty hair on the mat?

I would suggest using regular resin for that, along with multiple layers of mat. Then if you have small gaps to fill or dimples, use the kitty hair.

Otherwise I don't think the bondo kitty hair will really soak into the mat, and the mat is what gives it the strength.

Towards the end when you need to smooth everything out: Grab a cheese grater and you can use that grate/sand down the kitty hair / body filler before it fully hardens (makes overall sanding easier).

Tuned in! :popcorn:

No I used an actual fiberglass Matt which I didn't like much. I am going to finish with kid hair but it is hard as a rock.

Finnaly installed my Rack and pinion with new tie rods and new balljoints. Also did new camber kits all the way around, and all new brakes tonight! Tomorrow should be a new clutch master cylinder and my rear sway bar along with finishing the new cam installation, I need to torque everything and set my timming. Plan is to make it out to the show at TRPs in April. I have also started my kick pods and started redoing the door pods as I was unhappy with the start of the last ones. The new ones are much smoother! Pics to follow for the door pods as for everything else I dont have a working camera at the moment sorry.

In for new glass pics! I plan to do about the same thing this summer :D

Nice another civic hatch on here :)

Here is the new design to free up some space and got subs up port back. It will be temporary until I sell my subs and get my Xcon 10s

EgHatch 2 12 Ssa icons

EgHatch 2 12 Ssa icons side2

EgHatch 2 12 Ssa icons side

EgHatch 2 12 Ssa icons rear

EgHatch 2 12 Ssa icons front

For an update I have got a brand new in the box Kicker 400.4 Dx in the box still wrapped in plastic for an enclosure I am doing so it will be running my mids!

For those who dont know it is 4 AA carbons and 2 seas tweets.

Car is currently awaiting alignment and tags and from there I will be doing the engine wire tuck and I have started sourcing out parts for my turbo kit!! Wooot stay tuned