wutang512

Amp comes on but no sound from subwoofer

Alright guys i finally got my FI Dual 1 ohm 12 Bl today and went to installing the sub.

As I turned on my deck i received sound from the speakers but no sound came from the subwoofer.

1. I checked the amp (Alpine MRP-1000) Amp light turns on.

2. I checked the rCA'S even switched the RCA'S between both amps no sound from the subwoofer.

3. I checked the deck and switched the subwoofer rca's from subwoofer input and rear space input. still no sound

4. I checked to see if the amp was getting enough power and it was at 12.5 volts at rest

5.i turned on the subwoofer option on and off on the deck and still no sound.

6. I turned th e gain up on the subwoofer from minimum to max and still no sound

7. I checked the fuses on the amp

I dont know what else to do or check for. I know it cant be the sub cause its brand new.

The only other information i can give is before i had this subwoofer i blew a alpine type x cause i didnt have the gain set correctly. Whenever i went to look there was only smoke coming from the box.

Any Ideas whats wrong?

have you tried swapping out the alpine amp for another one? that would be the next step i would take

i guess ill go up to a shop and have them test another amp on it. just sucks for this to happen i was expecting to just plug and play.

Have you checked all your sub wiring? You could have a bad connection in the box or to the amp.

:drink40:

i got bored and decided to see if it was the amp so i wired the subwoofer up to my 4 channel amp and it played sound like it was nothing. so what do yall think could be wrong with the alpine amp. the light comes on but thats all it does. the last time i used this amp was march 2009 when i blew the type x.

When the Type-X blew it probably took the amp with it...

you think its worth it to get repaired? or go ahead and get a sundown

i agree with duran u probably killed the amp which in turn killed the type x

have u tried the amp on another speaker?

Sounds like you clipped the shit out of it.

There's a shop in Buda called audio outlaws that I beleive does amp repair. He deals alpine so I'm sure he's familiar with your amp.

512 295 7617 give em a call tomorrow!

naw i havent tried any other speakers. thanks for the number rodney ill give them a call tomorrow. hell i already started looking for 2 ohm amps putting out 1500 watts lol

after doing some research its hard as hell to find a good amp putting 1000+ watts thats 2 ohms stable for at least $350

Edited by wutang512

now that i think about it. this amp isnt even worth getting fixed since it doesnt even have a subsonic filter on it.

You could get a Crescendo 3KWP that puts out 1650 at 2 ohms, 3370 at 1 ohm for $549. Why did you decide to go with the dual 1 instead of dual 2 so you could run at 1 ohm?

You could get a Crescendo 3KWP that puts out 1650 at 2 ohms, 3370 at 1 ohm for $549. Why did you decide to go with the dual 1 instead of dual 2 so you could run at 1 ohm?

That crecendo is nice but its out of my range as far as price. I didnt want to spend more than $350 on a new amp but still get at the most 1500 watts at 2 ohms. i bought the dual 1 because I already had the amp and it runs 1000 watts at 2 ohms.

I didnt know the amp was busted until yesterday. I hadnt touched the amp since march of 2009. It had just been hooked up in my car chillin the whole time.

Edited by wutang512

I think it might be tough to find an amp for under $350 that puts out 1500 at 2 ohm, a quality one anyways. Thats why I got the dual 2s, because it seems that you can find alot more amps that put out 1500 at 1 ohm for around $350. I got my T1500-1bd (which on the birth sheet says that it was tested at 1796 watts at 1 ohm) for $395 shipped, brand new.

found a decent amp. its a Soundstream DTR1.2200D. puts out 1400 at 2 ohms stable . a couple people at caraudio.com recommend it. seen it going for $ 338

found a decent amp. its a Soundstream DTR1.2200D. puts out 1400 at 2 ohms stable . a couple people at caraudio.com recommend it. seen it going for $ 338

Used? It retails for $599, I've searched and can't find it any cheaper than around $449.

Because the alpine is only two ohm stable. I think they have a set subsonic filter but its set to like 15 Hz so its practically worthless

Like 5 more posts before I posted... Last time I use a flipping cellphone.

so then what do y'all usually with broken amps. should i just throw it away...

double post (posting from the ps3)

Edited by wutang512

so then what do y'all usually with broken amps. should i just throw it away...

I guess I would see how much it is to repair it. Even if you decide you don't want it anyway, at least the repair might be cheap enough that you could sell the amp for more than the repair.