Argent Audio

Enclosure Build for Mark @ SSA!! (Installed, P.7)

Excellent work!

So I'm sitting here waiting for primer to dry. How's life for everyone else?

Andrew

So I wake up and have a few missed calls from a CA number, I call one back and they answer "xyz auto body" how can I help you. I am then like....umm....is Andrew there guess thats who called cause he said he was painting. They say yes. Andrew gets on the phone, he says he's been up all night paining this. They are doing two primer coats, two base coats, a coat of clear, wet sanding? , then another coat of clear. This box is going to look like glass when it's done.

Again, thanks for the "way over the top" effort on this one Andrew!

Wow, this thing is going to be nuts :)

_W9G3861.jpg

wow. that should look pristine when done. Props to Andrew! keep it up. :fing34:

Mark, this is the "prefab" box you are going to offer through the store to customers, correct? if every one is going to be treated like this, that will be crazy. Another top-notch product to be offered.

Mark, this is the "prefab" box you are going to offer through the store to customers, correct? if every one is going to be treated like this, that will be crazy. Another top-notch product to be offered.

Yes! I doubt the paint will be as crazy as mine on the first run of things, be we are going to be doing a small pre-order on these and buy a stock our selves, then offer them to anyone on that is willing to pay for them. We are no longer calling them pre-fabs only because they are better then most boxes that are custom built. I'm thinking about calling them "Torture Chambers" :), something like that. Cost is still up in the air at this point, but just don't expect these at normal "pre-fab" prices since they have so many man hours in them. :drink40:

Post more pics or the bunny gets it.

n54078764594_1902101_8008.jpg

Now why couldn't you put the bunny back in the box?!

Yes! I doubt the paint will be as crazy as mine on the first run of things, be we are going to be doing a small pre-order on these and buy a stock our selves, then offer them to anyone on that is willing to pay for them. We are no longer calling them pre-fabs only because they are better then most boxes that are custom built. I'm thinking about calling them "Torture Chambers" :), something like that. Cost is still up in the air at this point, but just don't expect these at normal "pre-fab" prices since they have so many man hours in them. :drink40:

These should be considered the holy grail of enclosures, they should be pricey as the craftsmanship that goes into these is amazing, woot woot!!! go Andrew :drink40:

Daaaaaaaummmmmn!

That looks great!

:woot: :woot: :woot:

what kind of adheisive do you use i'm trying to carpet my box and trying to find the best one to use ? and that box rocks !!!!

what kind of adheisive do you use i'm trying to carpet my box and trying to find the best one to use ? and that box rocks !!!!

insider trade secrets ;)

to stick my carpet to my box (mdf or birch in my case) i like to use the 3M glue called 77 or 66 they are BOTH available at home depot in the paint area! enjoy!

_W9G3879.jpg

_W9G3881.jpg

_W9G3882.jpg

_W9G3884.jpg

_W9G3885.jpg

All done :)

To the person that asked we use the V&S spray glue. It is really strong!!!

Andrew

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

looks great, paint turned out pretty damn good, now lets see what it looks like with some subs in it. :werd_msword:

The paint came out good, I just had higher expectations but ran out of time lol I also think I need to move to a different type of paint that lays nicer with the primer I use.

This thing was done start to finish in 6 days.

Andrew

This is for 2 Icons right? What size Icons?

12's but I think Mark is going to put Xcon's in there for the show.

Andrew

I'll be running ICON and XCONs in this for testing. 12"