joe_prince

What component speakers?

At first I was thinking of getting 2 sets of Alpine SRP-13S but i decided i didn't want to cut holes more holes in my doors, so now i only want one set of components and I'm looking to spend around $350 max? I looked at Focals but they are out of my price range. So any other good sets? I'm looking for Very good sound quality but speakers that will still get loud so I can hear the over my 2 1250watt Subs, Any suggestions?

How are...

Type X's?

Focal 130VR's?

Hertz?

Rainbows?

SEAS?

Type R's?

Phoenix?

Morels?

What are you're favorites?

What have the best SQ?

What get the loudest?

I need help.

Best advice would to drive around to the most stereo shops in your area and listen. Hard for anybody to tell what is the best since each person has their own taste on what they like.

The Phoenix Gold RSD series are a nice comp set for the money. I have heard these and they are good for a budget build.

They don't have a lot of these speakers at stores, so i'm trying to base it off of other peoples suggestions :)

Any other suggestions?

They don't have a lot of these speakers at stores, so i'm trying to base it off of other peoples suggestions smile.gif

Any other suggestions?

The Focal Access line is not that bad imo. Local dealer in town here sell the most of that line.

you can narrow your search greatly by finding out what tweeters you like. most tweeters fall into 2 general categories, hard dome and soft dome. im sure youll be able to find some locally to listen to and determine a preference.

personally, im a fan on soft dome tweeters. hard domes are too crisp to my ears.

The only speakers that i listed that i got to hear were the Alpine SPX-17PRO and i really liked them :) So i think i'm going to get these and hook them up to a Sundown SAX-125.2.

you can narrow your search greatly by finding out what tweeters you like. most tweeters fall into 2 general categories, hard dome and soft dome. im sure youll be able to find some locally to listen to and determine a preference.

personally, im a fan on soft dome tweeters. hard domes are too crisp to my ears.

Agree, except too crisp is being too kind, they are painful. lol

I wasnt impressed with the focal access speakers had a pair of 5.25 and 4inch set WASNT happy for the price i paid for them. If they where cheaper be a decent little pair of speakers but for my wallet if i spend 170$ on a pair of 40rms speakers better sound hella of good which didnt sound amazing for my exp!!!

the type r's were cool i have them right now. but i always get the feeling of what if i would have gotten the type x's.

plus i should have ran them on 100 watts instead of 75

Just remember that half of the reason most people aren't happy with their component choice is because of their install... or lack there of.

You absolutely cannot slap a brand new set of speakers in a factory car door and expect them to sound phenomenal. You have to deaden, seal and prep the door accordingly.

That will work good. Don't you here him talking about them all the time but they are good comp's for the money.

I'm thinking of installing them like this BanginGMC's Build Log - SSA Car Audio Forum - Page 3.66666666667

Do you think this will work good, and i already plan on deadening my doors :)

Thanks for all the help

In general you should NEVER mount your drivers to a door card. If they go in the door, they need to be mounted to the door not the covering of the door. It is also a terrible idea to run that many comp sets, I am sure it sounds like hell. His goals were eye candy for shows and not at all about audio.

In your list you included a LOT of speakers that do not have passive crossovers. Was your intent to run active or have you not even thought about that side of things yet?

Build your own components. Just buy some raw drivers from parts express or madisound. They sell per built x-overs. Also it will sound alot better than name brand car audio specific components. And cheaper

The Phoenix Gold RSD series are a nice comp set for the money. I have heard these and they are good for a budget build.

I had a set of the 6.5 RSD components. The tweets were a bit harsh, especially with the passive crossover. Was much cleaner active. The woofers were very good though. I'm actually considering buying another set just to use the woofers...You can find them for under $70.

I am extremely happy with the Hertz 165 components I recently purchased.

if you really like how the alpines sounded i would say go with those. I think mine sounds great, just be sure to deaden and seal the doors well then they will really come alive, especially the midbass