jlftn

Been out, now back in!

Hey everyone, my name is Josh LaFountain (Mark LaFountains brother) from Baton Rouge, LA. I used to compete very heavily (Team S.P.E.A.D ) in USACi super stock and street beat. Spent about 4 years in the hobby then sold it all to help fund college. But now im getting back in bigger than ever!

I used to have an ext. cab Ranger with a pair of Hifonics Goliaths, 5 batts, and 3 RE MT 15's. Spent 4 years doing nothing but burping 52Hz and tweaking every single moving part to get that extra dB. But now im fed up with that and wanna build a complete monstrous ground pounder.

So I'm coming out to see Mark in phoenix soon and hopefully we can do an extreme makeover truck edition in a week. Went from an SPL monster to 100% stock and now its time to finally rebuild. I have a 2007 V8 4dr. Silverado.

I'm planning on a pair of XCON 18's and a decent size amp (Sundown 3000 or bigger) and make a good ground pounder. So keep an eye out!

Cheers!

Woot. I'm out in BR :)

I've been bugging Kenny about letting on Team S.P.E.A.D. forever lol.

runs in the blood i see!

Thanks everyone nice to already find some local guys on here too. Yeah car audio is a passion in our blood i guess.

Thanks everyone nice to already find some local guys on here too. Yeah car audio is a passion in our blood i guess.

And I also run MT's :)

haha watch out, ive thrown 10+ cones on MTs, you get good at rebuilding the cones at some point. Lol apparently MT12s dont like 5000 watts each, so went with 3 15s and problem solved

haha watch out, ive thrown 10+ cones on MTs, you get good at rebuilding the cones at some point. Lol apparently MT12s dont like 5000 watts each, so went with 3 15s and problem solved

I'm good then. I've got the 18"s lol.

Seems like you will do a blowthrough. Must be very nice running your brothers subs.

Your brother is a very hated individual... on opposite day :D

I bet you get a wicked deal on SSA stuff lulz

on opposite day :D

What does this mean Duran?! English only on this forum lols.

Welcome to SSA, finally see'ing the good side of car audio. Bout damn time Brother.

Welcome to SSA, finally see'ing the good side of car audio. Bout damn time Brother.

He's saying that everyday people love you. But on opposite day everyone hates you. :)

I live real close to your brother Mark, I may have to lure him to the dark side of car audioz. Away from SSA. ;) nahhh

He's saying that everyday people love you. But on opposite day everyone hates you. :)

I live real close to your brother Mark, I may have to lure him to the dark side of car audioz. Away from SSA. ;) nahhh

Good luck with that one. We think alike :)

Not quite, I said Mark is a very hated individual on opposite day lol, other way around Drew :)

Good luck with that one. We think alike :)

I bet so, probably how me and my younger brother think alike. lol

I can see me and him going to battle once he gets his system, turns out we know all the same people. He stopped competing in the area the same time I started. Now we can go at it, and I can finally hear some Xcons! :woot:

Oh damn, another Baton Rouge MT guy here.

I wanna hear Xcons too!

I can see me and him going to battle once he gets his system, turns out we know all the same people. He stopped competing in the area the same time I started. Now we can go at it, and I can finally hear some Xcons! :woot:

He doesn't want to all out compete, so I doubt he will be doing the old numbers he was doing(155's) at 58hz, he'll be doing 150's @ 35hz. Should sound much better though :)

He doesn't want to all out compete, so I doubt he will be doing the old numbers he was doing(155's) at 58hz, he'll be doing 150's @ 35hz. Should sound much better though :)

We will drag him back into it. It's hard to give up.

Haha idk about that, you'll see one day that burping notes gets old and easy. It's much harder to maintain a good score for 30s straight. I'm looking forward to getting back on the scene though! I'll be happy if a can average 150+ in street beat. Expect some xcons in the baton rouge area within about a month and a half.

Oh and no blow-thru. Taking out the back seat and building a false floor and putting everything in the backseat area.

Welcome back Josh. Didn't you have an account under a different user name?

Welcome back Josh. Didn't you have an account under a different user name?

yeah i think i may have but i have since forgotten the name and password

:wavey5:

Got any pics of the old Ranger???? I'd love to see it if you do!

I love me some Ranger builds!!! :popcorn: