Sign in to follow this  
jonbearsmt

fixing a JL 1000/1

im trying to find some parts for a JL 1000/1 if anyone can help me find where i need to go to get these parts that would be great...

the part location on the board is d205

D205, a diode maybe ?

At this point, it would be much easier if you could find the schematic or find another good amp you can dissect.

08b66e1f2da14b3718c2408b1c628ff9.jpg

ab4c432596d71329b44c8e14ea87ecee.jpg

these are the little guys i need.

Looks like Diodes in the rectifier. Probably a Pretty easy part to find. If not, I would imagine a there would be a alternative since diodes only do one specific thing.

ebay has tons of diodes for amps search there

There should be a number on them like "D4007" or something like that, see if you can find it. I have literally thousands of semiconductors laying around, I'll just mail you one (or a suitable sub) if you give me the part #

BTW, did someone accidentally hook up the power backwards to the amp?

Would that cause burning up of the Diodes? I would imagine that they would engineer an amp to protect itself before blowing out components, but then again there is no type of internal fusing on the 1000/1s...hmm maybe the inverted voltage was too high for the reverse voltage ratings of the diode. Maybe I don't know anything about those power supplies in the JL amps either. Just a thought.

I've always used www.digikey.com. I've used them several times and they have a good selection and the transactions have always been flawless.

the kidd could have done that.. hes not the best installer.. but from what he was telling me.. on the power input.. the plasic is gone.. so there is nothing keeping the + - and remote fom touching besides the solder on the bored... i have to figure how to keep those apart aswell...

so im not sure if the + and the - were just touching here and there...... but i know the diode im looking for is not even there... he tryed to solder it back but he faild and lost the part.. so im trying to get it going for him..

ill have to take out one of the other diodes to see the part number... and ill let you know..

are you still over seas?

Yeah, I am still in Germany....

Reversing the input power shouldn't have blown those, I was just curious either way...

Diodes are typically very sensitive if they're hooked up the wrong way, i've seen lots of stuff die, not just amplifiers.

Diodes are typically very sensitive if they're hooked up the wrong way, i've seen lots of stuff die, not just amplifiers.

that was gonna be my next question before i tore it down... i see the big strip is at say the south end... and the next one the strip is on say the north side....on and on...

does it matter.!

ps: im drunk i hope that came out right.

I don't know what you're trying to say here. Diodes are used because of what they do when they are hooked up the wrong way, block current.

that was gonna be my next question before i tore it down... i see the big strip is at say the south end... and the next one the strip is on say the north side....on and on...

does it matter.!

And yes it matters a lot. You have to keep those slashes the same as they were before, otherwise the power supply will not function properly at all.

does it matter.!

And yes it matters a lot. You have to keep those slashes the same as they were before, otherwise the power supply will not function properly at all.

oh no... cause the one im replacing is missing and i have no clue what way it went to awwwww

does it matter.!

oh no... cause the one im replacing is missing and i have no clue what way it went to awwwww

You've got a picture of the amp guts, you should be able to tell which way it goes off of that. Sometimes its even marked on the board which way they go.

On the board it should have a little silk-screened print underneath with a stripe at one end... Tells you what way to place it...

But if there aare 4 of them it should be easy, it should be in some type of pattern, 2 one way, and 2 the other way......