xAndrew225x

Q vs BL

I know the Q is better for SQ, I know the BL is better for SPL. Is the SQ difference large enough for me to decide on a Q, or is it not enough, might as well get the louder BL? :shrug:

I'm going for sound quality, but if it isn't noticeably different between the two, I'll get the BL because it's louder.

I plan on building the box at 3cu.ft. tuned to 33hz

Thanks!

Where in Louisiana are you man?

As long as the box is well built you won't hear a difference in the two.

Livonia, are you by any chance friends with Colby and Jude Webre? lol

In fact I am very good friends with Colby lol

In fact I am very good friends with Colby lol

thats what i figured! jude told me something about an andrew jones that had beat in louisiana lol

Is this for a 12 or a 15? you are lookin for more output well what type of music u listen to?

I sent you a PM.

Is this for a 12 or a 15? you are lookin for more output well what type of music u listen to?

its for a 12. i listen to pretty much everything. i want low bass for the rap but i wanna keep accurate punch for the metal/rock/hardcore

Depending on the amplifier power, you may also want to look into the SSD series and get it loaded with cooling and flatwound. Will be seriously loud, low and still remain very musical!

Depending on the amplifier power, you may also want to look into the SSD series and get it loaded with cooling and flatwound. Will be seriously loud, low and still remain very musical!

i'm putting it on a 1200d Hifonics Brutus. Will one SSD be louder and better sounding than 2 CVR's?? That's what I'm trying to upgrade from.

It's ok if its not much louder but I'd like it close. I'm aiming for better SQ, and to take up less backseat space!

Edited by xAndrewx

I would do the BL on 1200W.

You probably won't notice the difference between a BL and a Q. :peepwall:

then BL def all the way. coming from cvrs it would be just what u want.

Get Drew to school you on what SQ really is. The general public is so blinded by this term, its not even funny.

Get Drew to school you on what SQ really is. The general public is so blinded by this term, its not even funny.

x2

i've decided to go with the SSD fully loaded (flatwound and bp power)

it'll save me money and still be a hell of a sub. thanks guys! :drink40:

Great choice. You won't be dissapointed. I ran the AA Chaos 15D2 (cousin to the SSD) off my AP15001D @ 1 ohm daily and it's rated at 800rms. I loved that setup. Definately well built subwoofers. I'm steppin up to a fully loaded BL off the AP15001D for my next install. 2.8^3 tuned to 35Hz, hoping for a 145 out of the trunk. Gotta post pics when it arrives. GLWB. :popcorn:

Great choice. You won't be dissapointed. I ran the AA Chaos 15D2 (cousin to the SSD) off my AP15001D @ 1 ohm daily and it's rated at 800rms. I loved that setup. Definately well built subwoofers. I'm steppin up to a fully loaded BL off the AP15001D for my next install. 2.8^3 tuned to 35Hz, hoping for a 145 out of the trunk. Gotta post pics when it arrives. GLWB. :popcorn:

i sure will, probably a few install pics and a final video too! :fing34:

Bl is an entry level SPL woofer it wont sound as dynamic as the Q would do for you. A fully loaded Q (Cooling, Spider, High QTS only if sealed) it will hit pretty hard. BL even with daily option won't be as dynamic in music as the Q would. SSD Is nice too.

Bl is an entry level SPL woofer it wont sound as dynamic as the Q would do for you. A fully loaded Q (Cooling, Spider, High QTS only if sealed) it will hit pretty hard. BL even with daily option won't be as dynamic in music as the Q would. SSD Is nice too.

We don't make SPL subs fyi.

They are all intended for musical applications..unless you select the "SPL" option which has ultra tight gaps on the BTL..which you cannot play daily because the coil will rub out.

And HIGH QTS does not mean ONLY sealed..it means you can use it in both sealed and ported applications on the Q. If you intend on running it in a sealed enclosure, a "Standard" Q will not sound great...the High Qts version scrubs motor strength off and works much better for sealed alignments, but will still work fine ported as well.

They are all intended for musical applications..unless you select the "SPL" option which has ultra tight gaps on the BTL..which you cannot play daily because the coil will rub out.

And HIGH QTS does not mean ONLY sealed..it means you can use it in both sealed and ported applications on the Q. If you intend on running it in a sealed enclosure, a "Standard" Q will not sound great...the High Qts version scrubs motor strength off and works much better for sealed alignments, but will still work fine ported as well.

Whats the difference between the high QTS and non high QTS models, is it different coils, different machining in the motor, or a combination of both?

Whats the difference between the high QTS and non high QTS models, is it different coils, different machining in the motor, or a combination of both?

Coils are the same, motor differences.

:drink40:

im stuck between the Q and BL also. I want a single 15" for everyday listening. rap and rock music. i didnt think it would be this hard of a decision

im stuck between the Q and BL also. I want a single 15" for everyday listening. rap and rock music. i didnt think it would be this hard of a decision

Pristine quality you desire? Q.

Loud and clear? BL.

what would be better for listening to rap i see people saying the q is good for lows and not good on highs, and then the bl sounds better on highs and doesnt do well on the lows?