Nice build. But 120# injectors? For your build and turbo I would have expected 42.5# up to 60# injectors. Are you on any of the Turbo Buick forums or GSCA? I really have got to get to work on my 87 GN street car. I've been doing a resto-mod for the past 4+ years. It's close to running, it just won't be pretty.

John

Yes, low impedance units too. I run an older Motec engine controller. I am not sure if you caught it, but my runs are on 24 pounds of boost and I am running 8.5:1 not 8:1 compression ratio. I need fuel ;).

No, I don't do the Buick forums. I used to work at Lou's Auto (if you go to those forums you know the place), so I worked on the nasty GNs for a living for about 2.5 years. I don't really get much out of those type forums. Besides, I work on cars at least 5 days a week for 9 hours a day... when I get home, the last thing I want to do is argue with a shadetree about how to properly fix or tune his car. :suicide-santa:

Are you going back to stock on your car, or doing performance mods?

awesome! is that 1/4 mile time with the stereo in it? Even more impressive.

Yes, it did have the stereo in it, but at the time it just had the Brahma in about .8 sealed, so the box weighed less then 1/2 what it does now. With all that said, a Brahma MKI and MKII weighed in at about 45 pounds all by itself.

GNX's are sick!

Yours is no exception! :fing34:

Not a GNX, but still sick.

Close enough for me :P

What are the differences? Guess I need a refresher.

1 second in a quarter mile...

The GNX can be identified by the black 16 inch aluminum wheels where the GN had stamped 15 inch chromed wheels. Mine has the TType wheels on it, as the GN wheels were very heavy and very ugly. I have a shot of the car when i first got it on the road with those GN wheels, I'll pull it up and post it. They also had the Buick 3 port holes in the front fender.

gnx1.jpg

There were only 547 GNXs made in 1987. The cars gained speed with a special chip, a ceramic impeller turbocharger, a larger intercooler, and a longitudinal torque bar (a support which attaches the transmission directly to the rear end), and a panhard rod. The suspension is markedly better.

I would love to own one. The cheapest I found one that was unmolested was a car with about 90,000 miles on it, and the guy was asking $45,000. I am just too damn cheap to spend that on a car that retailed for under $35,000

I see. Must've had a brain fart.

I'm pretty sure my friend had a relative that had a relatively built one, IFIRC, he said he would run tens or so, but its been a while since I've talked to him about it, so not certain.

I wouldnt mind one myself.

Very impressive numbers from that V6!

And props to you for doing all the work yourself! :drink40:

That trap is a bit high for the ET. What are your short times? What tires were on the rear and what do you have for rear suspension? One of my employees has a Limited T that's pretty damn nice.

That trap is a bit high for the ET. What are your short times? What tires were on the rear and what do you have for rear suspension? One of my employees has a Limited T that's pretty damn nice.

DOT slicks at the track, stock rear with Hotchkiss trailing arms. My gearing was too low (390s) to top out at the track. I ran out of gear. I have 373s in it now and expect better ETs and slower traps.

Nice to see you back around.

:roflmao: Mustangs don't go fast :ohsnap:

Sorry, I had to.

:roflmao: Mustangs don't go fast :ohsnap:

Sorry, I had to.

Haha, it's the new 2011 model though!

Stock 280hp at the rearwheels Sandt!

I'm just givin you shit, bro. I think the new Stangs look sweet... in my rearview mirror.

:ohsnap:

:lol2:

You just wait. I have a G-body beggin for a heart transplant.

I'm just givin you shit, bro. I think the new Stangs look sweet... in my rearview mirror.

icon_roflmao.gif

icon_roflmao.gif

:lol2:

pusstangs..

a few weeks ago, my friend was chilling at this meet with his stock ass, heavy weight 1988 Camaro, with a stock ass 350 small block, no upgrades or anything

And there we atleast half a dozen stangs out there, all of which were tuned and cammed and asked to race..

his car was having issues, we lost big time

Those are great cars!!! I got a '97 Grand Prix and my girl has the Grand Prix GTP they both have the 3.8 in it, hers has the supercharger on it and it's quick! They are great motors!!! I'm ol' school and will always love the Grand National! MAD PROPS!

Awesome Ride bro ... :drink40:

I had a 85 Camaro Z28 back in the day. I shure miss it ...