Sign in to follow this  
ogjordan

Soooo I finally got my Xcon 15 installed and its terrible

for my ears that is. I am 32 years old, had dozens of set ups and this thing blows me away. The only thing that I think could have possibly been louder was my first "Big" set up with 6 12s. But this was like 14-15 years ago, and my memory may just be fuzzy. After a 5 minute run around the block at full tilt, I felt slightly nauseous. It's on 1500 watts, ported at 32 hz in the recommended enclosure, firing forward sealed off from the trunk. No pics since my install isn't done. Just wanted to say this thing is violently loud and awesome.

:fing34::fing34: Sounds like you are extremely happy! Pics Please!

Terrible? :lol:

I'll post some pics when I'm done with the install. I need to build some beauty panels and cover the madness of cables. It's in an 04 Deville, I wanted to still have a lot of trunk left, with 4 amps, and electronic xover and the sub enclosure, so it was a lot like putting 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag.

And yes, I'm very pleased. I tend to be disappointed with every subwoofer install because it's never "enough" but this is very close to being too loud and it's not even started to loosen up yet. I can't even begin to imagine anyone not being happy with these subwoofers unless you just wanted it louder, and 2 of these should make you poop your panties.

Awesome! Another happy SSA customer!

You got me for a moment with the topic title. ;)

You use more screws then me. ;)

LOL. I was already wondering what went wrong with the install!! Glad to hear its slammin.

You may want want to cut down on the screws! Buy a quality wood glue, clamps and you will not need so many screws.

Box build looks great though!

2 of these should make you poop your panties.

:ohnoes9: I just got my Dcon and I'm extremely happy. SSA all the way.

Nice bro! I want Xcon's badly! But i'm soooooo broke

Sell that JL Audio W7-8. Then you will haz monies. :fing34:

I have plenty of clamps and wood glue, thanks. When I build a box I just use all the screws I buy, no need to have them laying around.